Han's ship

Shiznyte
2 posts Member
edited August 2019
Y'all ever going to tone down this monster of a ship? Maybe Nerf it's self healing a bit, or change the circumstances it needs to dispell so it doesn't just get a free 100% dispell on every attack... I get that the Kenobi capital ship will try and shift the meta, but that doesn't change the fact that Han's falcon is probably the most overpowered ship in the game. Sure you can try and burst it down before it's super-stealth kicks in... but when Biggs and Bossk are out there with him it's near impossible to stop! Also the Geo's can't land Anti-taunt on HMF so the one possible counter it could have had, doesn't work. I get that fleet isn't a priority anymore, but the least you could do is adjust this ship because it's been dangerously strong for too long.
Post edited by Fauztin on

Replies

• NinjaChronicles
    308 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Ship metas typically last a long time, can't remember a ship meta lasting less than 6 months...
  • Ship metas typically last a long time, can't remember a ship meta lasting less than 6 months...

Geos lol they didnt last long
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    If u dont have falcon,your chances of winning are slim to none but if you do,buff up cassians ship and bring him off the bench,his special with the HMF will destroy other MFs 9/10 times.
  • It's the millennium falcon , piloted by han solo and chewy, of course it should destroy
  • Guess what the Negotiator is for?

Oh and I heard the Malevolence is pretty cool too.

Needing a capital ship just to counter a regular ship seems a bit silly. It will keep Ackbar in check which is nice, but the amount of resources you need to counter the ship is absurd.
  • Slippyfist
    382 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I agree with the fact that Hans Falcon should be OP. I just hope Luke's X Wing is even more OP when it comes out
  • Ship metas typically last a long time, can't remember a ship meta lasting less than 6 months...

But they’re still effective and can take out a falcon fleet
  • Shiznyte wrote: »
    Guess what the Negotiator is for?

Needing a capital ship just to counter a regular ship seems a bit silly. It will keep Ackbar in check which is nice, but the amount of resources you need to counter the ship is absurd.

Assuming by now you already have all the other required ships for negotiator and malevolence, which isn’t unexpected because most players should have practically all other ships at 6-7*, it shouldn’t be requiring truckloads of resources. If you don’t then well you’ve been spending currency on other stuff and can’t blame the game.
  • want5umcand1
    124 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    It looks like the Malevolence will stop enemy teams from taking extra turns. I looked at its abilities on the vulture droid event. If it does that it will kill the effectiveness of HMF
    Guess what the Negotiator is for?

Assuming by now you already have all the other required ships for negotiator and malevolence, which isn’t unexpected because most players should have practically all other ships at 6-7*, it shouldn’t be requiring truckloads of resources. If you don’t then well you’ve been spending currency on other stuff and can’t blame the game.

I mean I'm ready for the next meta in terms of my small ships. I have g12 ani, ahsoka, plo, and Jedi con ships. I also use Bossk Vader and Biggs. But my gp is about 2 mil I've only been playing about a year maybe a year and a half, I'm no where near end game yet. Kenobi's ship is a long way away for quite a few people myself included, so it being released doesn't shift the meta it just adds another tier to deal with. Top 3 will be Kenobi top 13-4 will be rebels Han just making it worse most players. But I suppose in this business models the F2P players are mainly here to be entertainment for the whales so eventually I just fall into my role.

But they’re still effective and can take out a falcon fleet

They aren't meta, and weren't meta for 6 months. As the post i quoted said they couldnt remember a meta less than 6 months. I reminded them of one.

Malevolence + Vulture Droid + Geos

Do you have malevolence?

I hate this type of attitude/thinking. Just because something hasn't happened in the past it doesn't not shouldn't mean it can't be different in the future. We need to stuck our head out of this bubble, that everything has to happen a certain way. If you want true progress and improvement some times it takes more radical changes.

I don't care if a meta lasted a year or a week, if it's bad for the game it's time to go. The falcon is the dumbest thing ever. Every single fleet battle is a mirror of the previous one. I literally follow the exact same order 99% of the time, I kill the enemy falcon then hit auto, out my phone away for 2 minutes and come back. I can't even remember the last time I didn't do the exact same thing over and over again, it's a shame that we have so many other ships who never got the spotlight and a shot in the meta and probably never will, because the falcon has silenced everything completely. Fleet is the most boring mode currently in the game because the falcon is everywhere near the top 50 and all battles are exactly the same every single time. If that's not bad then idk what is.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Ship metas typically last a long time, can't remember a ship meta lasting less than 6 months...
    I can't even remember the last time I didn't do the exact same thing over and over again, it's a shame that we have so many other ships who never got the spotlight and a shot in the meta and probably never will, because the falcon has silenced everything completely. Fleet is the most boring mode currently in the game because the falcon is everywhere near the top 50 and all battles are exactly the same every single time. If that's not bad then idk what is.
    Do we really have more than like 5 ships that never got to be part of any of the metas or their counters so far?
    Resistance X-wing is a good candidate, who are the others?
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    @RandomSithLord
    Good candidate, like you said:
    Resistance x-wing

Others:
    Jedi consular
    SF FO Tie Fighter
    Sith Fighter

Arguable:
    Clone ships
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • SF FO Tie is spot on, probably the Command Shuttle too (some use during the TW bonuses a while back). The Sith ships are subject to debate, the combined Sith-Empire fleet is not bad, but not meta breaking either.

Clone ships (Fives especially) are/were part of the Mace time-out fleet and JC was common in the early days of ship arena (and probably synergises well with the upcoming Negotiator).

Gauntlet is a less frequently used, but even that ship had its days.

I agree that the Rebel fleet has had a way too log reign, but it's not like you can grab a set of old ships and make a brand new meta without adding anything new. Negotiator will likely 'revive' the GR ships and it'll be the Malevolence that probably brings a few new ships.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Why would they nerf it after 8 months? Unless a unit breaks something new, "nerfs" happen through power creep.
  • I like how everyone is complaining about so many Falcons out there and still playing it. I choosed not playing it because i am sick of that and still be able to get 1. Rank with endurance.
    If you don’t like something... don’t be part of it. And if you are part of it... don’t complain. Simple as that.
    Also the Geo's can't land Anti-taunt on HMF so the one possible counter it could have had, doesn't work.

Without fail, every time a Spy is called as a reinforcement, my HMF gets the taunt. Maybe it’s about which side of the battle you are on. That or this is just flat out incorrect.