Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Replies

• Something that seems lost on everyone here complaining about how hard it is for players to prove someone else cheated, is the devs simply do not care that you have been beaten by a cheater. The only thing they care about is making sure their new content is somewhat immune to the cheating. This is why the 16.5k GP and 17.5k GP requirements were added. They knew cheating was happening, and these GP requirements are their only plan of combating it. There is no other logical explanation for these GP requirements. They took efforts to protect their monitization schemes and that is about it.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Go to guild chat and type :
    /god_mode = 1

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    The requirements are to further monetize the events and prevent players from clearing them with undergeared toons rather than act as anti-cheat deterrent
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Zynkin wrote: »
    Something that seems lost on everyone here complaining about how hard it is for players to prove someone else cheated, is the devs simply do not care that you have been beaten by a cheater. The only thing they care about is making sure their new content is somewhat immune to the cheating. This is why the 16.5k GP and 17.5k GP requirements were added. They knew cheating was happening, and these GP requirements are their only plan of combating it. There is no other logical explanation for these GP requirements. They took efforts to protect their monitization schemes and that is about it.

Why do you have to make it so hard to agree with the point your making by saying "the devs simply do not care" and "there is no other logical explanation for these GP requirments"?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/211095/cheating-in-galaxy-of-heroes

They stated they have, I dont need to prove anything. If you dont believe them, then that is your issue.

A battle log will not eliminate anything, it puts the onus on a players knowledge of counters and could lead to an increase of reports when players who dont understand a counter and report it as cheating.

I'm not saying they shouldnt many feel it will help and they think that the benefits outweigh the loss to players who are better theory crafters, but that is just a bandaid and wont help as much as people think.

When did I say they did enough? When did they say that? I'm pretty sure everything they have been saying is that they are doing more and still working to make it better.

This is Myopic. Your battle log argument is silly that it will increase reports of cheating... wrongfully. It will give information necessary to report more cheating RIGHTFULLY. This is whole crux of the matter. The positive absolutely crushes the negative. You've come out time, and time again opposed to Battle Logs whereas the player base are absolutely screaming for it, because it's absolutely clear to us that the onus is ON US TO FIND CHEATERS.

We need more information. We need it now.

There are players that do not understand basic mechanics and we see this time and time again. Players will absolutely report things they dont understand.

I think you might be putting a little too much faith in someone's ability to rate a counter squads ability to win.

A counter team 1 gear level down, and maybe 1 toon 2 levels down. Decent mods. Scored 55 points. Did they cheat? Does seeing that team used tell you they did or didnt..... probably not. Will players make judgments based on this information, sure. Will the loss cause them to be more likely to report it than if they had won, probably..... it's not clear.

This is not a magic bullet that will solve the problem. Again, as I said even in that quote, we should do it people think its helpful, but in the grand scheme of things it's not a cure.
  • leef wrote: »
    Something that seems lost on everyone here complaining about how hard it is for players to prove someone else cheated, is the devs simply do not care that you have been beaten by a cheater. The only thing they care about is making sure their new content is somewhat immune to the cheating. This is why the 16.5k GP and 17.5k GP requirements were added. They knew cheating was happening, and these GP requirements are their only plan of combating it. There is no other logical explanation for these GP requirements. They took efforts to protect their monitization schemes and that is about it.

Why do you have to make it so hard to agree with the point your making by saying "the devs simply do not care" and "there is no other logical explanation for these GP requirments"?

It is easy to answer your silly questions as you should know them and not ask as nit:
    - there is a lot of proofs about devs not carring about community as you can see it for a long time (if you are not blind)
    - there is one good logical explanation and we all know what it is - more money from whales

I do not agree with him too as GP requirements do not prevent cheating at all as this issue is about stupid teams (fe.: Darth Maul solo) oneshotting DKR with Malak etc.
    The easiest and best possible way how to help with solving are battle logs, but the question is why don´t we have them for a long time? The answer is same devs don´t care about community. If they will there are battle logs for a long time.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I do not agree with him too as GP requirements do not prevent cheating at all as this issue is about stupid teams (fe.: Darth Maul solo) oneshotting DKR with Malak etc.

There have been plenty of threads (more common on reddit where they're allowed to stay up) showing people who have legendary characters with very low levels on the required characters that could not possibly have completed the event legitimately. It's a common basis on which people report cheating. These cases would have been prevented in the first place by GP requirements. So, no, it's not all about stupid teams one shotting DR/Malak.
  • The easiest and best possible way how to help with solving are battle logs, but the question is why don´t we have them for a long time? The answer is same devs don´t care about community. If they will there are battle logs for a long time.

Amazing. Everything you just said is wrong.

Think about why they wouldn't want to put a battle log in. Think about TW and GAC. Think about top end guilds who theorycraft and you might come up with a good reason why we won't get the battle logs. It has nothing to do with "not caring about the community" and everything to do with caring about certain portions of the community and how battle logs would effect them.
  • Liath wrote: »

There have been plenty of threads (more common on reddit where they're allowed to stay up) showing people who have legendary characters with very low levels on the required characters that could not possibly have completed the event legitimately. It's a common basis on which people report cheating. These cases would have been prevented in the first place by GP requirements. So, no, it's not all about stupid teams one shotting DR/Malak.

Can you show me some examples? I have also 5 star padme with very low gear squad without cheating. All i did was giving them best possible mods, so it is hard for me to believe as there are always requirments for at least star levels which you are not able to cheat.

Yes it might be also possible, but mostly these requirments are just for bigger monetization nothing else.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

Can you show me some examples? I have also 5 star padme with very low gear squad without cheating. All i did was giving them best possible mods, so it is hard for me to believe as there are always requirments for at least star levels which you are not able to cheat.

Yes it might be also possible, but mostly these requirments are just for bigger monetization nothing else.

These are generally involving 7* characters, as 5* is rarely difficult, but 7* has been challenging for the last group of legendaries. The Padme event is also about 100 times easier now after the sep reworks than it was the first time around, and 5* could be obtained with Asajj solo the first time too, so not a good example. I'm not really interested in spending time searching for things you could just as easily search for yourself if you care, but if I happen to come across one I will link it for you. I'm talking about things like somebody having 7* Chewie with no Bossk, no Dengar, and a max of g8 on the usable characters.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

. It's a common basis on which people report cheating. These cases would have been prevented in the first place by GP requirements. So, no, it's not all about stupid teams one shotting DR/Malak.

What you said

1) Would have prevented cheaters from the very start of the game from getting toons with trash char because of GP limit

2) Would have killed all those reddit posts you speak of basically keeping people in the dark about the cheating that IS going on.

At this point I would like to take a blue pill and go back 1.5-2 years ago when I saw and reported my first incident of cheating on my ship shard... until I saw what that dude did I was completely oblivious to the fact people would actually cheat in this game. Blue pill would make things fun again...

But I"m a red piller I've already contacted AJ about the alien hybrid globalist plot to invade and destroy my GAC rating through cheating, I have the secret hidden conclusive documents masked in secrecy that's gonna BLOW THE LID of the globalist cheating plot.... And taking my supplements for the price of a few G13 toons you will be enlightened on how to destroy the globablist alien hybrid cheating plot BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH there is a war on information about cheating going on and you my friends are the soldiers bwhahahahhaahahahahah

These are generally involving 7* characters, as 5* is rarely difficult, but 7* has been challenging for the last group of legendaries. The Padme event is also about 100 times easier now after the sep reworks than it was the first time around, and 5* could be obtained with Asajj solo the first time too, so not a good example. I'm not really interested in spending time searching for things you could just as easily search for yourself if you care, but if I happen to come across one I will link it for you. I'm talking about things like somebody having 7* Chewie with no Bossk, no Dengar, and a max of g8 on the usable characters.

Then please spent that time with easily searching for me because example you are saying is possible according to youtube videos. I am not saying it is hard now, it was just example where you can do it with low gear, same as chewie without bossk and Dengar.

Otherwise if it really happens why CG did nothing against these people? The answer is simple: They don´t care about them, they only see monetization and milions of dollars on their accounts.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member

Then please spent that time with easily searching for me because example you are saying is possible according to youtube videos. I am not saying it is hard now, it was just example where you can do it with low gear, same as chewie without bossk and Dengar.

Otherwise if it really happens why CG did nothing against these people? The answer is simple: They don´t care about them, they only see monetization and milions of dollars on their accounts.

I don't know what you're saying here. No, I will not do your homework for you. If you want to find the threads go search for them yourself.

If you're saying that there are videos of people getting 7* Chewie with no Bossk, no Dengar, AND all g8 characters, I am unfamiliar with them.

CG did not do nothing against these people. There are numerous threads in which people have reported others and those others have, in fact, been banned. In the past such bans were temporary; the more recent post said that they have now instituted a policy of zero tolerance/permanent bans.

Your conclusion is ridiculous.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Travesty wrote: »
    I think we're not keeping our collective eyes on the ball here.

Instead of auguring with each other and tediously parsing each other's words, or debating the appropriateness of the ban on 2 players, I'd suggest focusing on the following key points:

1. The videos showed it is still possible to cheat without detection unless someone reports a player.

2. Even if cheating is uncommon, it only takes a few dozen cheaters to affect a thousand players in GAC. BTW, the cheat for the game has been downloaded many, many, many times more than the few hundreds of players CG has said they banned.

3. Players will spend less or no money on the game if they perceive cheating is not adequately abated.

4. CG has made a conscious decision about how much resources to devote to anti-cheating over the last 4 years, and that amount has, demonstrably, not been enough.

5. Similar games, using the same game engine and code, have implemented measures to prevent the type of cheating that was demonstrated in the videos. It is entirely possible to prevent the cheating demonstrated if CG chooses to devote adequate resources to the problem.

6, SWGOH still makes millions of dollars per month, and has adequate resources to devote to this issue if they choose to.

What I and many others on this thread and over on that other popular social media site are saying is: CG, spend more time and effort fixing cheating.

If you think about 1 and 2, you will realize that 1 doesn't prove 2 is even possible.

He admittedly didnt win. It is possible that the tool they are developing, to help limit its scope and allow it to be more "effective", may only be looking at winning matches. So cheating and losing could be part of the reason he didnt get flagged by the system.

On point 4, since you have no information to back this up, you cannot come to that conclusion. Do you know how much they have invested? Do you know how many it has caught?

Point 5, please link to any reference of this being true. You are also referring to a game with a client side operation, right? Also do you mean to say prevent meaning 0% cheating or just reduced to a manageable number?

They have already stated that they are putting more into it. This recent situation doesnt prove anything about the validity of their statments. It also doesnt prove that anything they have done or are doing is not working better than before and making the environment better.

Listen again to his video. He did say he won some matches but purposely lost the round as a whole. If the tool they are developing, as you hypothethise, is only looking at winning matches it should have detected him. On the other hand, if by 'winning matches' you mean winning the round as a whole, I doubt the player base will be happy with CG only targeting cheating during GAC rounds and not daily arena matches and TWs.

On point 4, are you really saying I don't have information to back up the assertion that CG has spent a specific (I didn't claim how much) amount or resources on anti-cheat? Because that seems like a given, no matter if that amount is a little or a lot. My point is that, given that the video proves that you can use the cheat and win matches (again, he did say he won some individual matches but lost the match-up on purpose) without detection, that whatever resources they did devote to anti-cheating is insufficient.

On point 5 I'll refer you to mobilegamer and darthmicrotransactions videos (without linking them here, since that is a competitor's game). They go into details about what the devs there have implemented to prevent APK-style cheating. Whether it's 100% I can't say since I don't play those games but, without going into tedious details, it sounds like the exact same thing that this community is calling for (server checks against logs for every pvp match, etc.).

winning matches when the opponent doesnt' do anything, is what he said. so again, not a strecth to think they woudln't flag a player in a match where they won due to the other player not playing. but just hypothesizing. so who knows. but again this scenario wouldn't be player facing and would be low hanging fruit to avoid.

you are saying its not enough, but have no data at all on how effective it has been. so what basis is there for it to not be enough?

you know those games are on the same engine and "code", and said they have prevented it, but you have no idea to what degree.... sounding like the same issue and being the same issue are 2 different things. you seem to be making another bold statement with anything to back it up.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I think we're not keeping our collective eyes on the ball here.

Instead of auguring with each other and tediously parsing each other's words, or debating the appropriateness of the ban on 2 players, I'd suggest focusing on the following key points:

1. The videos showed it is still possible to cheat without detection unless someone reports a player.

2. Even if cheating is uncommon, it only takes a few dozen cheaters to affect a thousand players in GAC. BTW, the cheat for the game has been downloaded many, many, many times more than the few hundreds of players CG has said they banned.

3. Players will spend less or no money on the game if they perceive cheating is not adequately abated.

4. CG has made a conscious decision about how much resources to devote to anti-cheating over the last 4 years, and that amount has, demonstrably, not been enough.

5. Similar games, using the same game engine and code, have implemented measures to prevent the type of cheating that was demonstrated in the videos. It is entirely possible to prevent the cheating demonstrated if CG chooses to devote adequate resources to the problem.

6, SWGOH still makes millions of dollars per month, and has adequate resources to devote to this issue if they choose to.

What I and many others on this thread and over on that other popular social media site are saying is: CG, spend more time and effort fixing cheating.

If you think about 1 and 2, you will realize that 1 doesn't prove 2 is even possible.

He admittedly didnt win. It is possible that the tool they are developing, to help limit its scope and allow it to be more "effective", may only be looking at winning matches. So cheating and losing could be part of the reason he didnt get flagged by the system.

On point 4, since you have no information to back this up, you cannot come to that conclusion. Do you know how much they have invested? Do you know how many it has caught?

Point 5, please link to any reference of this being true. You are also referring to a game with a client side operation, right? Also do you mean to say prevent meaning 0% cheating or just reduced to a manageable number?

They have already stated that they are putting more into it. This recent situation doesnt prove anything about the validity of their statments. It also doesnt prove that anything they have done or are doing is not working better than before and making the environment better.

Listen again to his video. He did say he won some matches but purposely lost the round as a whole. If the tool they are developing, as you hypothethise, is only looking at winning matches it should have detected him. On the other hand, if by 'winning matches' you mean winning the round as a whole, I doubt the player base will be happy with CG only targeting cheating during GAC rounds and not daily arena matches and TWs.

On point 4, are you really saying I don't have information to back up the assertion that CG has spent a specific (I didn't claim how much) amount or resources on anti-cheat? Because that seems like a given, no matter if that amount is a little or a lot. My point is that, given that the video proves that you can use the cheat and win matches (again, he did say he won some individual matches but lost the match-up on purpose) without detection, that whatever resources they did devote to anti-cheating is insufficient.

On point 5 I'll refer you to mobilegamer and darthmicrotransactions videos (without linking them here, since that is a competitor's game). They go into details about what the devs there have implemented to prevent APK-style cheating. Whether it's 100% I can't say since I don't play those games but, without going into tedious details, it sounds like the exact same thing that this community is calling for (server checks against logs for every pvp match, etc.).

winning matches when the opponent doesnt' do anything, is what he said. so again, not a strecth to think they woudln't flag a player in a match where they won due to the other player not playing. but just hypothesizing. so who knows. but again this scenario wouldn't be player facing and would be low hanging fruit to avoid.

you are saying its not enough, but have no data at all on how effective it has been. so what basis is there for it to not be enough?

you know those games are on the same engine and "code", and said they have prevented it, but you have no idea to what degree.... sounding like the same issue and being the same issue are 2 different things. you seem to be making another bold statement with anything to back it up.

The basis is two reliable videos by youtubers searching for likes, duh

I don't know what you're saying here. No, I will not do your homework for you. If you want to find the threads go search for them yourself.

If you're saying that there are videos of people getting 7* Chewie with no Bossk, no Dengar, AND all g8 characters, I am unfamiliar with them.

CG did not do nothing against these people. There are numerous threads in which people have reported others and those others have, in fact, been banned. In the past such bans were temporary; the more recent post said that they have now instituted a policy of zero tolerance/permanent bans.

It is not my homework but yours as you are saying it is impossible and you know there are cheaters in case of legendary events without any proof.

If you are unfamiliar doesn´t mean it is impossible. You are saying also g8 for 7star legendary, can you show me who did it?

Here is example without bossk and dengar so you have proof it is possible and it took me 5 seconds to find this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLflWnkmk-U

So not my but yours is ridiculous...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

It is not my homework but yours as you are saying it is impossible and you know there are cheaters in case of legendary events without any proof.

If you are unfamiliar doesn´t mean it is impossible. You are saying also g8 for 7star legendary, can you show me who did it?

Here is example without bossk and dengar so you have proof it is possible and it took me 5 seconds to find this video:

that's a zetad greedo, so i'm hesitant to believe those are g8 characters.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI_q1jKTY20
    not even close g8 characters actually. Liath even capitalized the "AND" and yet you totally ignored it..

All gear 12. Definitely missed the "AND"

Maybe you should read about gear 8 i never wrote they used g8!!! These words are from Liath and i asked about some example who did it BUT he did show nothing! I said Chewie is possible without dengar and bossk i never said they did it with g8 squad without them... You have to learn reading everything not only something you want to hate... I did not ignore his AND i didn´t accept him trying to recreate my words into something else then i said just to use it against me.
    evoluza wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

It is easy to answer your silly questions as you should know them and not ask as nit:
    - there is a lot of proofs about devs not carring about community as you can see it for a long time (if you are not blind)
    - there is one good logical explanation and we all know what it is - more money from whales

The easiest and best possible way how to help with solving are battle logs, but the question is why don´t we have them for a long time? The answer is same devs don´t care about community. If they will there are battle logs for a long time.

Calling anything silly and making such posts is a bit of a stretch...
    -they care about the community, because whales are also part of that community!
    -now you see how logical your logic is.
    Feels silly to even have to explain that...

They don´t even care about whales, they care only about their money. That is huge difference.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    So what's the point of the vid you posted?
    Also, it;s impossible to prove that there AREN'T any vids out there of players unlocking chewy without bossk and dengar AND with g8 toons.
    Asking liath to prove a negative which she can't isn't really an argument in favour of the point your trying to make.

Read and you will see. But yeah i see it is to hard for you so i will answer again:
    To do 7 star chewie without Bossk and Dengar is not proof of cheating.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited August 2019

Read and you will see. But yeah i see it is to hard for you so i will answer again:
    To do 7 star chewie without Bossk and Dengar is not proof of cheating.

Right, who said it was though? Welll, besides you ofcourse. You're basically arguing with yourself and providing proof that you're right about a statement that no one disagrees with..
  • Now i see why they told me to not say anything here, there are just haters. And now i see they were right. So saying good bye to you with your looser lifes hating everyone who says something constructive for solving issue with cheating.

Evoluza when you will make at least 5% of money i made we can talk if all your happiness is based on making/spending money. But honestly your life must be very poor if it is all about money.

Also, it;s impossible to prove that there AREN'T any vids out there of players unlocking chewy without bossk and dengar AND with g8 toons.
    Asking liath to prove a negative which she can't isn't really an argument in favour of the point your trying to make.

Obviously she can if she says it is on reddit... Learn to read leef before arguing.

Obviously she can if she says it is on reddit... Learn to read leef before arguing.

Here's a couple of threads along the lines Liath was talking about (sharing as players in question aren't named):
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/b9ehtn/chewy_legendary_event_this_guy_in_my_guild_has_2/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bhkiwl/his_he_cheating/
    GP requirements in these legendary events would have prevented certain aspects of cheating. As already said, there is more than one issue that the devs must be working on.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »

Here's a couple of threads along the lines Liath was talking about (sharing as players in question aren't named):
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/b9ehtn/chewy_legendary_event_this_guy_in_my_guild_has_2/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bhkiwl/his_he_cheating/
    GP requirements in these legendary events would have prevented certain aspects of cheating. As already said, there is more than one issue that the devs must be working on.

Thank you Udal i almost lost hope in normal people here.

Then it might be also possible with GP requirments, but these might be solved with some kind of battle logs too. They can create tool which will receive data from players also in PVE battles and it can warn them with "weird" resolutions as low gear or star level etc. and then they can take immediate action against this cheaters. Not needed to have battle logs public if you create automatic tool which analyze these information from players.
  • Is the outside help you are seeking to curb cheating from Vegas? Trying to protect your casino style tactics?
This discussion has been closed.