The solution to sandbox

With so much of swgoh stolen by marvel strike force how about we steal their blitz mode. Monetize refreshes with crystals. Make it a point ladder system like gac. The more wins you get the more points you get. Different tiers at different points. Make the rewards be much needed gear like stun guns cuffs etc. And most importantly of all gives us a meaningful impactful way to utilize our roster. I only played marvel for a little bit but blitz gave me as much or as little game time I wanted with all of my crappy roster being used.

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    We have many meaningful ways to utilize our roster. Being, GAC, TW, TB, Raids & GW.

Although it's a good a idea, I'd rather have them spend their resources on new characters / content because we all know they're understaffed

It's obvious.
  • Sounds like GAC, but I've never played MSF... How is it different?
  • MSF at least when I played. Had blitz going every day and its structured similar to how the old tournaments for swgoh were. You would use a team to fight against your choice of 3 teams of comparable power. You could refresh these to get better teams or ones that you wanted to play. After you used your team in blitz you had to pay currency to use that team again (it was a special blitz currency if I remember right almost like energy) the currency cost starts low and the more you use those characters the more expensive it gets. You would get more points for consecutive wins and you were ranked against other players. I suggested just a tier system for swgoh "blitz" so it wasn't as competitive and more sandboxy for people who just want to try out new meta counters and such. Its just a thought but I think it would be great for something like that
  • I agree great idea hopefully they'll listen
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Any sense of reward defeats the purpose of Samdbox Mode, imo.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    its structured similar to how the old tournaments for swgoh were.

You lost me right here. Tournaments were the worst thing to ever happen in this game.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    There have been several comments from the devs about not allowing any kind of sandbox mode because they are concerned about people spending too much time in the game (paraphrasing).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Blitz is the worst part about msf. Besides their lol “offers,” but still
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    There have been several comments from the devs about not allowing any kind of sandbox mode because they are concerned about people spending too much time in the game (paraphrasing).

I thought it was the opposite of that, that a sandbox wouldn’t get played, therefore, pointless to make.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

I thought it was the opposite of that, that a sandbox wouldn’t get played, therefore, pointless to make.

I remember it differently from past Q&A sessions, but from the most current one, you are correct.

TOPIC: PvE Content
    Q: This obviously comes up in every Q&A, but has the team seriously considered adding some kind of Sandbox mode that would allow us to use our full roster?
    A: TopHat - We've talked about it before a number of times and given answers to it. Our disposition is still the same - in our experience running this game we have yet to see anything that would indicate to us that a mode that does not yield rewards would be played with by more than a handful of players. In general, players do things that net progress in the game - thing that don't yield progress in they don't engage with. We've talked about creating an experiment to test this further, but it takes away from building bigger things.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Follow up - this was from the prior Q&A.

[NR] We answered this recently in the last Q&A, but our disposition is that we don't want to put in a practice mode. Our theory is that even a mode that didn't have rewards could potentially balloon session time and we think that could ultimately lead to a negative experience for players. The Galactic War is still a place to do a fair amount of this, even though we understand you can't tailor it exactly to your needs.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

I remember it differently from past Q&A sessions, but from the most current one, you are correct.

TOPIC: PvE Content
    Q: This obviously comes up in every Q&A, but has the team seriously considered adding some kind of Sandbox mode that would allow us to use our full roster?
    A: TopHat - We've talked about it before a number of times and given answers to it. Our disposition is still the same - in our experience running this game we have yet to see anything that would indicate to us that a mode that does not yield rewards would be played with by more than a handful of players. In general, players do things that net progress in the game - thing that don't yield progress in they don't engage with. We've talked about creating an experiment to test this further, but it takes away from building bigger things.

Indeed. I still think that they are wrong.
  • TVF wrote: »

[NR] We answered this recently in the last Q&A, but our disposition is that we don't want to put in a practice mode. Our theory is that even a mode that didn't have rewards could potentially balloon session time and we think that could ultimately lead to a negative experience for players. The Galactic War is still a place to do a fair amount of this, even though we understand you can't tailor it exactly to your needs.

Our theory is that even a mode that didn't have rewards could potentially balloon session time

That's pretty much exactly what most players want however. Beyond the ability to test teams, is having more to do in-game. At this point once you reach late game it's mostly log in, do your rounds, log out. Lather, rinse, repeat.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • TVF wrote: »

Our theory is that even a mode that didn't have rewards could potentially balloon session time

That's pretty much exactly what most players want however. Beyond the ability to test teams, is having more to do in-game. At this point once you reach late game it's mostly log in, do your rounds, log out. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I would agree. Saying “we don’t want to create this game mode that players are asking for because then they might play it” doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »

I would agree. Saying “we don’t want to create this game mode that players are asking for because then they might play it” doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

People frequently claim they want things that they would actually be unhappy with if they got them.
  • Aeox
    5 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I hate how we feel the need to come up with ideas and how they can monetise them. Its EA behind this, they will no doubt work it out. Besides, it's about time they have something back to us without $$$ attached to it.

Edit: I meant to quote something from someone but I'm too lazy to do it
  • UnbelieverInME
    451 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Liath wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »

People frequently claim they want things that they would actually be unhappy with if they got them.

Almost as often as people come up with imaginary reasons puff up their chests and "make a counter point".

*To be clear: I don't really care much one way or another... I don't think I'd use it much myself, but inane half-truths about why they don't want to include it are childish. If they ever do include it, it will likely cost a modest number of crystals in some way, because otherwise it's not worth the man hours to modify the GUI.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • I'd be happy with a place I could fight my own teams, always wondered how they perform under AI control.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I'd be happy with a place I could fight my own teams, always wondered how they perform under AI control.

You can auto a battle to see what they will do.