Running nihlus in sith empire

So I'm currently one on those non malak owners and I'm using thrawn in place in arena and I'm noticing that hes pretty much useless in mirror matches and the other day I went against a team with nihlus and he got a drain force out and his very next turn he had an annihilate ready very next move. Is that because of all the verocity on my team. Is it maybe worth trying him in arena instead of thrawn in that case

Replies

• Stick
    647 posts Member
    Thrawn is not useless on a non Malak darth revan team. Use with both nihlus and thrawn.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Sorry , as well , both of nihlus first 2 abilities are made to reduce his anihilate cooldown.
  • I like using him for the guaranteed taunt vs JKR teams
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Honestly I think Thrawn is getting close to obsolete in top tier arena. And besides, with Sith Empire almost every match boils down to your DR and BSF's speed. I tried Thrawn with DR in arena, and while he can disable troopers and so forth, he's useless beyond the first one or two turns. I've actually been running g13 zDooku and zzGrievous in my own squad for a while and it's tons of fun and works quite well. Dooku goes after DR to shock and dispell the Trooper to disable him same as Thrawn, and he's useful in many other ways. He especially makes a complete joke out of GK and GMY. Grievous meanwhile has synergy with both Dooku and HK, and while he takes a bit longer to ramp up than in a droid squad, he is g13 Grievous and a massive beast. I take top 10 with effort although it's usually short-lasted and usually wobble between rank 30-10 on arena. And really the only thing holding me down is speed.

Regarding Nihilus, he's actually pretty ok with SE, although he must be run with Sion for ideal performance. I also wonder how Traya would fit in the team, either replacing Sion or HK. I suppose Traya should be modded for speed and offense though rather than tankiness as in the JKR meta, Sion would also need lots of speed and Nihilus would need speed and as much survivability as possible to make it to annihilate and survive JKR opening salvo. Sadly however my Traya is only recently unlocked at 5* but otherwise maxed, and Sion is 6* and only halfway to g10 with no zeta so I haven't been able to experiment with that setup yet. I tried Nihilus without his two friends, but annihilate takes too long and DR and BSF's fear debuff makes Nihilus' cooldown increase much less crucial.
  • Honestly I think Thrawn is getting close to obsolete in top tier arena. And besides, with Sith Empire almost every match boils down to your DR and BSF's speed. I tried Thrawn with DR in arena, and while he can disable troopers and so forth, he's useless beyond the first one or two turns. I've actually been running g13 zDooku and zzGrievous in my own squad for a while and it's tons of fun and works quite well. Dooku goes after DR to shock and dispell the Trooper to disable him same as Thrawn, and he's useful in many other ways. He especially makes a complete joke out of GK and GMY. Grievous meanwhile has synergy with both Dooku and HK, and while he takes a bit longer to ramp up than in a droid squad, he is g13 Grievous and a massive beast. I take top 10 with effort although it's usually short-lasted and usually wobble between rank 30-10 on arena. And really the only thing holding me down is speed.

Regarding Nihilus, he's actually pretty ok with SE, although he must be run with Sion for ideal performance. I also wonder how Traya would fit in the team, either replacing Sion or HK. I suppose Traya should be modded for speed and offense though rather than tankiness as in the JKR meta, Sion would also need lots of speed and Nihilus would need speed and as much survivability as possible to make it to annihilate and survive JKR opening salvo. Sadly however my Traya is only recently unlocked at 5* but otherwise maxed, and Sion is 6* and only halfway to g10 with no zeta so I haven't been able to experiment with that setup yet. I tried Nihilus without his two friends, but annihilate takes too long and DR and BSF's fear debuff makes Nihilus' cooldown increase much less crucial.

Definitely dont remove HK. He's literally a sniper.

Sure he is. The trio meanwhile are some of the baddest evilest dark lords in the Galaxy. And it shows in the game really. I think maybe the trio could work under DR with BSF. Would have to mod the trio with a speedy crit build though for them to keep up with DR, seeing as Triumvirate mechanics are mainly built around slowly crushing the opposition. All three however have useful kits and synergy between themselves, so while they don't really synergize with SE other than Traya's unique, the Trio itself becomes like a squad within a squad. Also Trio + DR/BSF means a crapload of cooldown increases.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Thrawn's purpose in these teams is to make your Bastila faster by switching TM to her if she would otherwise be slower. Outside of that circumstance I don't think he has any value.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    If you can get him to take turn before the enemy BSF (either straight away or after TM swap) then fracture still remains one of the best abilites in the game.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    If you can get him to take turn before the enemy BSF (either straight away or after TM swap) then fracture still remains one of the best abilites in the game.

This. I’ve lost count of how many times my BSF has been hosed by a speedy Thrawn’s Fracture.
  • Thrawn can be useful in a dr team if you use him correctly. I run darth revan, badstilla, hk, gmy, and thrawn in most offensive battles.

My dr is the fastest followed by my gmy and then thrawn. As long as my dr is faster than theirs, i can make it work. If their dr is faster, i switch thrawn out for brood alpha so I have a pretaunt.

But for the thrawn team

My dr goes and pits fear on their sith trooper. Then gmy goes and gives my team tenacity up. Usually by then their malak goes and may or may not put shock on someone. Their dark bastilla usually goes and tries but fails to put debuffs on my team (that's why you need gmy) he really has one job. Then thrawn goes. At this point their sith trooper is taunting. I wait to use the fracture. At this point you have two options. My hk and badstilla have high tm so you can swap tm with one of them, use an attack and then have thrawn go again quickly and fracture malak. You can also use him to cleanse anyone that malak put shock on and may have badstilla debuffs. Or what I found works best is to give dr the turn and aoe shock everyone. Then badstilla goes and adds more debuffs. Hk does an aoe to weaken everyone. Then dr will go again for a basic. Then thrawn will eventually get another turn. The tenacity up lasts long enough to keep the corrupted battle meditation off of him. So at this point you can fracture malak. Then badstilla goes and usually someone still has shock. Use her middle ability to hit everyone. By now someone is usually dead or at the least you have a deathmark on dr and a fractured malak. You then kill hk, badstilla, and dr. Pretty easy since they'll be close to death even at g13. Then it's easy to finish malak between fear, shock, and fracture being options to control him.

Works pretty consistently for me.