is it possible to run regular grand arenas?

These 36 hour Geo Tbs are killer, lots of downtime in the game...is it possible to run a regular grand arena 6 day event anymore...i also miss generating that currency!

Replies

• These 36 hour Geo Tbs are killer, lots of downtime in the game...is it possible to run a regular grand arena 6 day event anymore...i also miss generating that currency!

Oh didn't you know? Downtime is part of the game. Don't worry TB and TW alternate every few weeks so you should have plenty to do. Don't worry more people will be here soon to explain it to you. The game is supposed to have large periods of downtime with nothing to do...that's how video games work. Especially ones that you dump lots of $ into.
  • Yes, but have you tried spending more money? Actually, that doesn't help.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    With the current GAC still being in the early phases, we dont have a set schedule going forward. in light of recent events we may be seeing a little more down time than usual.

Once GAC is up and running there will be a more established schedule.
  • But in the meantime, OP is asking for 3 day GAs to be run again with normal rewards. We’re missing a ton of mod mats!
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    But in the meantime, OP is asking for 3 day GAs to be run again with normal rewards. We’re missing a ton of mod mats!

GAC is down cause people are cheating. Everything else they is just a hush hush.
    Dont belive they will give us any double drop or rewards for not having GA like last times since they change its name from Grand Arena into Grand Arena Championships, its whole new mode!!!!
  • Here is a secret... There hasn't been any new content since the sith raid over a year ago. They are just putting out money events now. TB isn't new. Just new skins with more tenacity. GAC is just GA is just TW is just regular arena. You money is being spent on nothing other than developing more ways for you to spend money. There should have been a new raid or new game mode 6 months ago. Instead we got some rehashed content and some revan/Malak paywalls. The clock is ticking and if there isn't something new very soon all the non whales will quit...
  • CG putting on a show on how to destroy a game. Best part is introducing a new currency and shop yet you can't earn the currency for the shop. Even better, an important piece of gear is available in that shop. You can farm it but that'll cost you another farm. Stun guns!
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Hakalugy wrote: »
    CG putting on a show on how to destroy a game. Best part is introducing a new currency and shop yet you can't earn the currency for the shop. Even better, an important piece of gear is available in that shop. You can farm it but that'll cost you another farm. Stun guns!

Why can't you earn currency for the shop?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Here is a secret... There hasn't been any new content since the sith raid over a year ago. They are just putting out money events now. TB isn't new. Just new skins with more tenacity. GAC is just GA is just TW is just regular arena. You money is being spent on nothing other than developing more ways for you to spend money. There should have been a new raid or new game mode 6 months ago. Instead we got some rehashed content and some revan/Malak paywalls. The clock is ticking and if there isn't something new very soon all the non whales will quit...

Lot of whales are also quitting (at least in both my arena shards and my guild).

I mean there is absolutely nothing to do and no new content in sight.

TB is nice and all but we can only play once in a blue moon. TW is getting old, arena as no diversity and GAC is full of cheater.

Finally, raids. Man how can it take more than 18 months to develop a new one!!!

I really hope something comes out soon. But the road ahead was not very encouraging.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Azza wrote: »
    Here is a secret... There hasn't been any new content since the sith raid over a year ago. They are just putting out money events now. TB isn't new. Just new skins with more tenacity. GAC is just GA is just TW is just regular arena. You money is being spent on nothing other than developing more ways for you to spend money. There should have been a new raid or new game mode 6 months ago. Instead we got some rehashed content and some revan/Malak paywalls. The clock is ticking and if there isn't something new very soon all the non whales will quit...

TB is nice and all but we can only play once in a blue moon.

If every other week is once in a blue moon to you, it’s possible your expectations are out of line.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member

What? Everyone is quitting again? Like the last 3000 posts declaring the game dead? Apparently I'm playing a different game.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    With the current GAC still being in the early phases, we dont have a set schedule going forward. in light of recent events we may be seeing a little more down time than usual.

Is it possible for you to have a word and see if we can get an announcement to 'manage our expectations'. I believe the dev's said it was going to be a month until the next GAC. If the dev's are already anticipating that this is going to be longer I think it would be prudent to tell us.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Is it possible for you to have a word and see if we can get an announcement to 'manage our expectations'. I believe the dev's said it was going to be a month until the next GAC.

I don't believe that's correct.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/210465/event-calendar-august#latest

Please note that we are working on updates for Grand Arena Championships and still determining when Championships or Exhibitions will return. There will be an official announcement in the next couple weeks regarding if we will take a short break from GAC or ready resume right away.
  • Here is a secret... There hasn't been any new content since the sith raid over a year ago. They are just putting out money events now. TB isn't new. Just new skins with more tenacity. GAC is just GA is just TW is just regular arena. You money is being spent on nothing other than developing more ways for you to spend money. There should have been a new raid or new game mode 6 months ago. Instead we got some rehashed content and some revan/Malak paywalls. The clock is ticking and if there isn't something new very soon all the non whales will quit...

By this logic there hasn't been new content since the first raid. The AAT and Sith raids are just re-skins of the Pit (4 waves against a boss who after x turns gets enraged and in some phases you can topple them) with extra tenacity (and a few mechanics for the bosses). Any new PvE content is just a harder version of the Light/Dark side nodes, including every TB ever (just a collection of energy node battles you do as a guild). And as you stated, why make a new PvP mode when it will just be Arena, but with more teams? Ships is just Character battles with ships so that is out too.

If you don't consider newer, more difficult PvE content to be 'new', nor new modes for PvP, then what could the devs possibly make that is a new game mode?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    CG putting on a show on how to destroy a game. Best part is introducing a new currency and shop yet you can't earn the currency for the shop. Even better, an important piece of gear is available in that shop. You can farm it but that'll cost you another farm. Stun guns!
    Literally disagree
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited August 2019
  • TVF wrote: »
    I don't believe that's correct.

It seems you're right. At the least I can't find anything mentioning a month long break.

So it's just a couple of weeks from the end of the GAC until we find out (from what Kyno said) that there will almost certainly be a break. So long as that happens I'll be happy.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    The clock is ticking and if there isn't something new very soon all the non whales will quit...

People have been saying this since day one and it still hasn't happened. Just because you might quit (and I'd bet a vault that you won't), doesn't mean everyone else will.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    IF you want to complain about no content... fine
    wanna complain about anything fine...

But 36 hour TB rounds is a godsend.... please please don't give them ideas to change it...please
    36 is gold.... maybe for wallet warriors and the gods it's too slow.... prob 97% of people doing Geo TB
    "maybe"..."hopefully" want the 36 hours in order to coordinate maximum stars
  • These 36 hour Geo Tbs are killer, lots of downtime in the game...is it possible to run a regular grand arena 6 day event anymore...i also miss generating that currency!
    Despite the 36 hour phases, GeoTB takes more time than HothTB. The combats take forever...
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    TVF wrote: »

LOL my bad
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Boros wrote: »

Because if your guild is under 80mil gp or more realistically under 160mil gp u got no chance of getting good currency from geo TB since you cant earn more then few stars

But.... this thread is about GAC.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member

By this logic there hasn't been new content since the first raid. The AAT and Sith raids are just re-skins of the Pit (4 waves against a boss who after x turns gets enraged and in some phases you can topple them) with extra tenacity (and a few mechanics for the bosses). Any new PvE content is just a harder version of the Light/Dark side nodes, including every TB ever (just a collection of energy node battles you do as a guild). And as you stated, why make a new PvP mode when it will just be Arena, but with more teams? Ships is just Character battles with ships so that is out too.

If you don't consider newer, more difficult PvE content to be 'new', nor new modes for PvP, then what could the devs possibly make that is a new game mode?

Nope, completely different mechanic in every raid, if an mmorpg like star wars the old republic has 18 different raids with 18 different bosses and sub bosses, does it make them copy paste and reskin? No. You know what's new content? Ackley. Why not change how the platoon works? Why cant we summon characters from the platoons? I'm not happy to put my GG in a platoon nor is my friends who have to put their Darth revans and malak in platoons. So why not make it so where you get a new ability to summon a random character from the platoons into the battle? Why not add more mechanics? They already added the paywall of gear 13 so I dont see how they can say oh limited resources when they are asking 100$ for 1 gear 12 finisher.
    Man star wars battlefront 2 treats their players much better and gives more content for FREE in a game that cost 5 to 10$ from the 2nd month of the launch.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Nope, completely different mechanic in every raid, if an mmorpg like star wars the old republic has 18 different raids with 18 different bosses and sub bosses, does it make them copy paste and reskin? No. You know what's new content? Ackley. Why not change how the platoon works? Why cant we summon characters from the platoons? I'm not happy to put my GG in a platoon nor is my friends who have to put their Darth revans and malak in platoons. So why not make it so where you get a new ability to summon a random character from the platoons into the battle? Why not add more mechanics? They already added the paywall of gear 13 so I dont see how they can say oh limited resources when they are asking 100$ for 1 gear 12 finisher.
    Man star wars battlefront 2 treats their players much better and gives more content for FREE in a game that cost 5 to 10$ from the 2nd month of the launch.

The ability to summon a character at all is completely new.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

Because if your guild is under 80mil gp or more realistically under 160mil gp u got no chance of getting good currency from geo TB since you cant earn more then few stars

But.... this thread is about GAC.

Ah shoot I forgot he meant the GAC shop lmao my bad
  • Bb3po
    368 posts Member
    Careful what you ask for....you’ll likely get a new raid that have acklay with a crap ton of tenacity in place of rancor. Good news is at least the character you unlock will be halfway decent if the past is any indication.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Bb3po wrote: »
    Careful what you ask for....you’ll likely get a new raid that have acklay with a crap ton of tenacity in place of rancor. Good news is at least the character you unlock will be halfway decent if the past is any indication.

New raid, new mechanics = good. I loved the difficulty of HSITH and HAAT. It's a good thing to have everyone work on combos to find for a new raid. See what teams work the best or what random characters work well together even tho they have nothing in common.
    People that cry about how difficult a raid is shouldnt cry on how difficult a raid is. It can be frustrating to get wiped over and over but they joy of finally figuring out how to do it after hours up on hours of trying and failing is it's own rewards