Gold limit

Prev13
I just got above 500M gold
What happens if we reach 1 billion ?
Does it break the screen or it will floor at 999M?

Replies

• Shut up and give me some lol
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    I like to horde resources, but yikes! You have all toons at 85?
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Anyone playing since the early days has pretty much every toon at 85. I’ve got 350 mil gold and that’s probably on the low end compared to veteran players.
  • I have 13 mil
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • 90mil...
  • 210 here, I think at 1 billion you just get it to show 1b
  • I spend too many credits on mods to have that amount
  • gp3vpawb2jxw.png
    Here's mine. I don't have everything at 85 yet, I just do them one at a time. Already have enough fluff as it is. But it is definitely nice to have the cushion and freedom to do things credit wise.
    I really don't know when I started to bank but probably is the result of changing my leveling/gearing/modding to 5 or less chars at any given time.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    haysswa1 wrote: »
    gp3vpawb2jxw.png
    Here's mine. I don't have everything at 85 yet, I just do them one at a time. Already have enough fluff as it is. But it is definitely nice to have the cushion and freedom to do things credit wise.
    I really don't know when I started to bank but probably is the result of changing my leveling/gearing/modding to 5 or less chars at any given time.

You are missing out on some potentially great mods. I dunno about you, but it seems like all the great mods to buy are always with ship currency. Farm them mods!!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Great that some took onto themselves to reach some hoarding milestones. I really wonder the rationale though, anyone care to illuminate me on why to hoard such credit amounts when there are good sinks for it?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    Great that some took onto themselves to reach some hoarding milestones. I really wonder the rationale though, anyone care to illuminate me on why to hoard such credit amounts when there are good sinks for it?

So they can say look at me, and maybe someone will care for 2 seconds before forgetting that person ever existed.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

So they can say look at me, and maybe someone will care for 2 seconds before forgetting that person ever existed.

That's ok but I still wonder the upside for it as there are enourmous downsides.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

That's ok but I still wonder the upside for it as there are enourmous downsides.

None. I mean someone could argue they're saving for a potential level cap increase, but even then it really isn't necessary to level every toon immediately anyway.

I think you're absolutely correct that they would most likely be way better off now and in the long run spending it on mods, or the g12 gear that is offered in the weekly store. I buy all of it and still hover around 70m without even trying to save.
  • Kelenab
    5 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    If you play since day one its only natural. i am f2p (spent very lil the first 6 months and never since then) and i have 350mil with everytoon 85. Its a game of patience and ressource management in the end.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Kelenab wrote: »
    If you play since day one its only natural. i am f2p (spent very lil the first 6 months and never since then) and i have 350mil with everytoon 85. Its a game of patience and ressource management in the end.

Exactly, resource management. High values of raw credits are not relevant, no matter if lv 90 drops even tomorrow. Resource management does not equal hoarding above everything else.

I doubt that anyone above 50-100 m credits has a competitive mod inventory for their roster's development level.
  • Back of the envelope so slightly rough calculations but still.... let's get a ballpark estimate on how many good mods your missing out on by saving 500mil credits.

To get a lowball estimate only consider grey mods which cost 86,2k to level to 12 to see the secondaries. 500 mil credits lets you level 5800 mods... but then you'd have nothing left to level the ones with speed to 15 of course. So considering that ~1.4% are speed arrows and of the remaining mods ~9% will have speed secondary. That means 11.4% of your mods will cost and extra 162.2k to level so the number of mods you could level would be N = 500000 / (86.2 + 162.2 * 0.114) = 4776 mods.

Of the 4776 mods 66 will be speed arrows and 430 will have speed secondary. That leaves you 4280 to sell for a total of 144.6 mil credits return.... that's another 125 grey mods with speed secondary or maybe the credits you need for slicing or the mod store... whatever, let's stick with just the 430 number.

31.6% of the 430 will not upgrade speed at all when you slice them - massive bummer! That's 136 trash mods.
    42% will upgrade once - okay, looking better now as we have 180 mods with and average of 8.8 speed (max 12)
    21% will upgrade twice - so 90 mods with an average of 13.2 speed (max 18)
    4.6% will upgrade three times (so 20 mods with an average of 17.6 speed (max 24)
    Lastly... 0.39% will upgrade speed 4 times!! So 1.6 mods with an average speed of 22!! (max 30)

Now personally I'd love another 66 speed arrows, over 100 mods with 10+ speed and a better than 50% chance of a couple of 20+ speed secondary mods. But each to their own of course.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    How? Why? I am keeping a 30M cushion for emergency expenses but rarely reach much higher. Mods are a black hole when it comes to credits...
  • You might be right for buying mods in the store. But everytime i spend gold to buy mods with let’s say 5 secondary speed, then when i upgrade it, with my luck the mod stays at 5 secondary speed
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    You might be right for buying mods in the store. But everytime i spend gold to buy mods with let’s say 5 secondary speed, then when i upgrade it, with my luck the mod stays at 5 secondary speed

Well, the only way to get good mods is to try a lot of times, which also costs a lot of credits.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    It takes a great amount of bad luck to not have %25 chance bumps 100 times in a row, quite a lot more than getting god mods in the process xD. But you know...luck takes nothing to believe in it, it provides infinite explanatory power too.
  • You might be right for buying mods in the store. But everytime i spend gold to buy mods with let’s say 5 secondary speed, then when i upgrade it, with my luck the mod stays at 5 secondary speed

Well 500 mil is only going to get you 127 gold 5 dot mods with no credits left to upgrade them. From 127 mods you'd expect on average 0.5 mods to upgrade 4 times. Buying from the mod store is much less efficient than leveling and slicing grey mods which is why I suggested doing that in my post above. Of course you get to see the primary, set bonus and the other 3 secondary stats which is a plus. And it's definitely a quick way to get through credits :D
  • AKS
    81 posts Member
    I’m sitting on 650 million. I have probably blown another 200 million on just mods and out of all of that I have recieved 3-4 mods that were really good. It’s pretty tedious.

I will probably blow another couple of hundred million next time I’m on vacation and have time to mess around with mods again.

Everyone is at 85 and I’ve been playin since week two. Currently at 4.8M GP as I have been mostly FTP after the first year.

At least I’m ready for a cap increase. Lol
  • No_Try wrote: »

No particular reason why it just happened. I used to buy mods all the time instead of farming them. I'm comfortable with the mod sets I currently have and when I have an inclination to, I've got the funds necessary.
    I'm not competitive so I have no inner drive to constantly farm replacement mods. The ones I have get me the results I desire.
    As far as a possible future level cap increase that's just an added benefit.
    So yeah that's my story, I don't have anything "pressing" that requires me to spend and probably enjoy this this game tenfold due to switching my focus from "got to have it all" to "I'll get it when I get it".
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    haysswa1 wrote: »
    gp3vpawb2jxw.png

You are missing out on some potentially great mods. I dunno about you, but it seems like all the great mods to buy are always with ship currency. Farm them mods!!

Used to and in fact most of my better mods were bought from the store. But I'm at a place were I'm comfortable with my mod sets now. I'm not competitive so it's not something I feel the desire to pursue. The ones I have perform to my expectations and when I do have the desire funds are readily available.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    It takes a great amount of bad luck to not have %25 chance bumps 100 times in a row, quite a lot more than getting god mods in the process xD. But you know...luck takes nothing to believe in it, it provides infinite explanatory power too.

No, they're exactly the same. If you upgrade by 3 levels at a time, you have 25% chance of rolling speed. Each time. So rolling god mods has the same chance as rolling no speed secondaries.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

No, they're exactly the same. If you upgrade by 3 levels at a time, you have 25% chance of rolling speed. Each time. So rolling god mods has the same chance as rolling no speed secondaries.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here, but the chances of rolling speed 4 times is (.25)^4 or ~4% and the chances of rolling speed 0 times is (.75)^4 or ~31%.
  • Liath wrote: »

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here, but the chances of rolling speed 4 times is (.25)^4 or ~4% and the chances of rolling speed 0 times is (.75)^4 or ~31%.

They don't stack. Each increase of 3 has a 25% chance.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

You have 25% chance per roll. To roll speed four times, the chance is 0,25^4 = 0,00390625, or 0,39%. The chance of *not* getting 4 rolls is therefore 99,61%. The chance of getting no god mods (4 speed rolls, discounting the different roll results for simplicity) in 100 tries is 0,9961^100 = 0,6761, or 67,61%. So the chance of getting 4 rolls in 100 tries is 32,39%.
    The chance of not getting a single bump out of 100 tries is 0,75^4^100, which is of the order of 10^-50.
    Case closed, No_Try is right in claiming that the chance of getting a god mod in 100 tries is much greater than the chance of not getting a single speed bump.