Ship energy change is great!

Just wanted to say I think the change that has been made to the ship energy growth rate and cost of refreshing is a fantastic improvement.

Before, when something was released to the ship table it was the worst of both worlds with cantina growth rate energy combined with limited and high cost nodes.

So much better now. Thanks!

Replies

• Now just add back decent gear farming in ship nodes and itll be wonderful! It is much better for shard farming tho
  • Just wanted to say I think the change that has been made to the ship energy growth rate and cost of refreshing is a fantastic improvement.

Before, when something was released to the ship table it was the worst of both worlds with cantina growth rate energy combined with limited and high cost nodes.

So much better now. Thanks!

Thank you for a positive post. It's nice to scroll through here and find something other than negativity. It's a Star Wars game on my phone. I have plenty of other things in my life that can have negativity. This is my leisure.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Daishi wrote: »
    Now just add back decent gear farming in ship nodes and itll be wonderful! It is much better for shard farming tho
    There already is.

Those G12/+ pieces on the fleet table are good gear farming. If nothing else, medpacs are in huge demand. And as G13 becomes more established and the stash of G12+ gear people have hoarded from many many months of doing the hSith raid are depleted, those plus pieces will become more and more limiting, making plus piece farming from the fleet table very relevant.

The game is bigger than stun guns.
    Still not a he.
  • Randocalrissian
    572 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Agreed in full.... a welcome change with a desirable outcome. Remember CG said that it was a change they were “trying out” which translates to we might change it back..... see 8 hard nodes v 5 hard nodes
  • Now let it count toward our 600’s.
  • I agree, this has been a great change. I have shown my support of this decision by refreshing 3X daily, and refreshing the B1 node. Because it is so good, I fear CG will revert it back soon
  • Yes love the change!!! I am able to farm nest b1 sion and some g12+ each day witch is fantastic!!! I am so excited to also see a positive post, props to you!!
  • Enjoy it while it lasts, it obviously won’t be permanent
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Now just add back decent gear farming in ship nodes and itll be wonderful! It is much better for shard farming tho
    There already is.

Those G12/+ pieces on the fleet table are good gear farming. If nothing else, medpacs are in huge demand. And as G13 becomes more established and the stash of G12+ gear people have hoarded from many many months of doing the hSith raid are depleted, those plus pieces will become more and more limiting, making plus piece farming from the fleet table very relevant.

Yeah, until you need stun guns on every character to progress. Don't worry. You will get stuck. It will happen.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    There already is.

Yeah, until you need stun guns on every character to progress. Don't worry. You will get stuck. It will happen.

Every roster has different needs. Guns are obviously still a significant bottleneck. However I need more medpacs than guns at this point.

Anyway in this change and their statement accompanying it, what bugs me is they didn't completely differentiate one bunch of gear to the other side. i.e. they left some of the most crucial gear types like yellow medpac prototypes on ls/ds nodes that competes with our -old gear bottleneck- needs. In it's totality ls/ds options are quite a lot more loaded now...considering finishers are also there. I consider this a half finished job.

b61ga6oklkgp.png

They happily mention the bits left on fleet nodes, but the reverse is nowhere to be mentioned.
  • Yeah, until you need stun guns on every character to progress. Don't worry. You will get stuck. It will happen.
    No. It will not.

Stun guns are a common limiter for every player. However, they are not this ultimate, end all, be all doom of the game.

The average character needs two stun guns. Out of seventy-two gear pieces. And some of those are part of larger pieces like G12+ or golden stun guns. Regardless, you get the stun guns. You place them. You move on with your life. You're not gonna fully gear everyone. Some will stop because they're waiting on a stun gun. Some will stop because they're waiting on something else. In gearing up the Separatists, yes, stun guns are one thing I've wanted, but I've also been limited by syringes, furnaces, and droid callers. And that's not uncommon.

Meanwhile, while I have a number of units waiting on stun guns, I get enough to give them to my priority units at a reasonable pace. At present, my priority is my Padme team. I have the stun gun salvage for Padme's next stun gun, waiting on the carbanti, and at the moment she is more limited by eyeballs, cuffs, and kryotechs.

I have many units who are past all their stun guns, and are limited by that G12, G12+, and finisher gear, and have been for quite some time as I choose to direct my energy toward other projects.

Gear is a pacing mechanic. Stun guns are merely one part of that pacing. They are not the end all, be all.

This ain't my first rodeo. I've geared many a character. And no, the stun guns ain't that bad.
    Still not a he.
  • Agreed in full.... a welcome change with a desirable outcome. Remember CG said that it was a change they were “trying out” which translates to we might change it back..... see 8 hard nodes v 5 hard nodes

See also 5 hard nodes v 3 hard nodes.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Agreed in full.... a welcome change with a desirable outcome. Remember CG said that it was a change they were “trying out” which translates to we might change it back..... see 8 hard nodes v 5 hard nodes

See also 5 hard nodes v 3 hard nodes.

Don't mention it or they take it away as well...
  • Ship energy change has been great. Before it was just b1 I farmed. Now I can farm b1 anakin ship and I’m finishing off nest finally.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Annnnnnnnnnnd it's gonnne
  • Ship energy change has been great. Before it was just b1 I farmed. Now I can farm b1 anakin ship and I’m finishing off nest finally.

Yeah same here and as a bonus I can farm carth faster on my alt account.
  • Went from farming two ships to refreshing and also farming gear. 5C has Mk 2&4 Zaltin Bacta Gel, prototype and salvage. So no matter which drops, someone needs. Great change, I approve.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.