Can we get update on some old modes like Galactic War?

2Next

Replies

• Rake6
    442 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I always wondered why swgoh make millions and millions and basically they don't do nothing. The game is super boring after a while. Why don't add new content all the time? I don't get it. They make freaking millions.
    Post edited by Rake6 on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    JerryHello wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ghost_Goh wrote: »
    I would LOVE new PvE content (and associated rewards)! Why no new LS/DS/Cantina levels??? Many of us maxed those out long ago. C’mon, CG! Some of this content can’t be that hard to produce. Your player base wants more. Please give it to us. Also, in the next QoL update either add stun guns to the TAC Gear Challenge or add new more challenging daily challenge levels with better gear as rewards. Fact is, the gear grind is real and QoL needs to address that issue.

rvd6ef5yc8ej.jpeg

Many of these game modes are meant to be early game.

It may not be hard to develop, but it is also extremely short lived. New levels get beat and simmed within a short period of time.
    Q: How about making changes to the Galactic War mode to make it more endless (survival mode) and open it up to more meta squads?
    A: TopHat - Now this is something we've talked way more seriously about. We have some designs around it and we're fleshing it out. That does not mean it will see the light of day, but we think there's fertile ground here. Ultimately, we want to figure out what does this mode roll up into (part of the champsionship structure, some sort of new pve challenge mode, etc) before we build it out.

Could create mythic versions of them with a 5 clear limit per week that offer higher drops and include possibility for things like omegas or zetas (small % chance of course). The excuse that they are meant for early game is a lazy excuse. Plenty of other games utilize utilize early game content in end game but with increased difficulty. This game desperately needs additional PVE content. Pve content yields rewards that help in PVP so there is no reason not to include more PVE content. People have been asking for this for quite some time and if the ultimate goal is just to have a game be completely based around PVP content then they should just cut the middle man out and remove PVE in it's entirety. There are countless phone games that are able to monetize both PVE and PVP content so again it's a lazy excuse. This game is full of lazy excuses and it's starting to get old. CG's business model lately has been been based on sporadic and short lived large purchases purchases and that's not way to run a game. The idea to get people to constantly invest and if there is nothing to do then there is nothing to invest in.

Those are 2 different things, once you increase the difficulty it is no longer early game content.

As the table stands now it is early game content, adding another tier even at a higher level of difficulty would be short lived.

What you are suggesting is more like another set of nodes or a new game mode. Yes that could be done and may not be as short lived, but will eventually hit a point where players want to just sim it.

But what I was replying to and what you are suggesting are 2 different things and has nothing to do with a "lazy excuse".
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Most other phone games rely on weekly or biweekly repeatable events and new content. Even if that content is old content with a touch up it's still enough to keep players engaged and spending. CG puts out very little content for how much money this game was bringing in and if you haven't noticed they've been bringing in less and less money so they've slowed down on content. This game went from being consistently in the top 5 or even #1 spot in the top grossing games for android/apple games at the same time last year to consistently at around the #40 spot this year. Their business model is awful and they've been turning players off from spending and many players have been leaving the game.

So TW and TBs are not content on a regular schedule that they rely on?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Most other phone games rely on weekly or biweekly repeatable events and new content. Even if that content is old content with a touch up it's still enough to keep players engaged and spending. CG puts out very little content for how much money this game was bringing in and if you haven't noticed they've been bringing in less and less money so they've slowed down on content. This game went from being consistently in the top 5 or even #1 spot in the top grossing games for android/apple games at the same time last year to consistently at around the #40 spot this year. Their business model is awful and they've been turning players off from spending and many players have been leaving the game.

Not at all. We are talking about day to day and week to week content. Those may be on a regular schedule, but those are large scale scheduled events with considerable amounts of time in between them. You can't count that as reliable content for day to day play.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Not at all. We are talking about day to day and week to week content. Those may be on a regular schedule, but those are large scale scheduled events with considerable amounts of time in between them. You can't count that as reliable content for day to day play.

It's typically a week of TB followed by a week of TW. It's not considerable amounts of time between them, it's just alternating between the two types of events.
  • Liath wrote: »

It's typically a week of TB followed by a week of TW. It's not considerable amounts of time between them, it's just alternating between the two types of events.

That's considerable time between playable content. Not to mention the 24 wait periods between phases. And then what raids that are cleared in an less than an hour 2-3x a week, omega battles that are simmable, other events that are either simmed or auto battled, and the arenas? People aren't spending money to have nothing to do. Why do you think so many ppl, including whales are quitting this game? The numbers prove it. #1 grossing game this time last year and now #40. There was a lot more and consistent events and content coming out this time last year. We're talking day to day stuff here. I don't know what other games you people play, but that hardly counts as consistent playable content. Especially when ppl are/were dropping 100s to 1000s of $ on this game. It seriously astounds me to see some people defending the lack of content in this game. These forums and reddit are full of complaints about this stuff so it's not an isolated issue/opinion. I gotta know how much does CG pay you? Because no legit gamer is going to defend such nonsense. And don't even try that oh I just play 15 min a day or do other stuff argument because it's in no way valid. People who are casually playing 15 minutes a day are not the players that care enough to post on the forum consistently.
  • I remember how horrible it was at level 50...rarely a serious chance to finish it every day w/o investing a decent amount of time.

I see GW as a necessary evil to have a chance at an Omega every day. I hate it and I'd hate it more if they didn't make it stupid easy to auto.
  • I can log on daily to FFBe, Fire Emblem, bleach, and a ton of other games and have plenty to do (sometimes even too much to do). Those games push out stuff to do weekly or biweekly, even events that are rehashes of other events are still things to do and they are actually repeatable unlike this game. I can play those games on my phone for hours on the train while commuting to work. Meanwhile this game is like 15 minutes tops and maybe 30-45 if there's a tb or tw going on (a big maybe, those battles don't take that long). And I've spent a couple grand on this game...Not spending anymore and an awful lot of other people aren't spending anymore either. In fact, go on reddit and you'll see post after post of whales quiting, people declaring they wont spend anymore, or people posting about how they are asking for refunds from apple and google play. Hmm I wonder why? Probably has to do #1 with cheating, #2 the huge lack of playable content, and finally #3 gross mismanagement of the game by CG. But yeah you guys keep defending it as if your arguments have a leg to stand on...which they don't.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

That's considerable time between playable content. Not to mention the 24 wait periods between phases. And then what raids that are cleared in an less than an hour 2-3x a week, omega battles that are simmable, other events that are either simmed or auto battled, and the arenas? People aren't spending money to have nothing to do. Why do you think so many ppl, including whales are quitting this game? The numbers prove it. #1 grossing game this time last year and now #40. There was a lot more and consistent events and content coming out this time last year. We're talking day to day stuff here. I don't know what other games you people play, but that hardly counts as consistent playable content. Especially when ppl are/were dropping 100s to 1000s of $ on this game. It seriously astounds me to see some people defending the lack of content in this game. These forums and reddit are full of complaints about this stuff so it's not an isolated issue/opinion. I gotta know how much does CG pay you? Because no legit gamer is going to defend such nonsense. And don't even try that oh I just play 15 min a day or do other stuff argument because it's in no way valid. People who are casually playing 15 minutes a day are not the players that care enough to post on the forum consistently.

Apparently we have very different definitions of "considerable time" when they are alternating between two types of events with close to no break between them.

I have played 3 of these types of mobile games. In every one I have seen a constant barrage of complaints that "there's nothing to do, we need content, the game is dying blahblahblah" and I've always found it just as silly as I do now, despite being paid by zero of the three companies involved.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Apparently we have very different definitions of "considerable time" when they are alternating between two types of events with close to no break between them.

I have played 3 of these types of mobile games. In every one I have seen a constant barrage of complaints that "there's nothing to do, we need content, the game is dying blahblahblah" and I've always found it just as silly as I do now, despite being paid by zero of the three companies involved.

There's also always people on the other side, who think there's too much to do. Neither side is wrong, because all sorts of people play this game and have different priorities. The best CG can do is find a middle ground to balance the two competing sides out. Maybe with a lean towards more to do than less, since (I'm assuming) spenders tend to want to do more.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The old GW was the only mode I cared about and made it easy to enjoy the game without chasing the meta. Oh wait, now I know why it went away.

Also, it seems like the old, more challenging GW would throw up squads with more synergies and specific squad mechanics, but now they just seem to be random toons with little to no synergy. So even when I use squads that are in development, it's hard to get a feel for how they're coming along when they're facing Teebo/Lobot/Vader/Boba/Jedi Consular.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    I'm playing with undergeared jedi lol! Last fight is hard as hell for my 3 star Shak ti ****! Plz make GW easier!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    MoBlaq wrote: »
    GW is actually in a good spot. Not too hard and you can use it for doing Prestigious Quests fairly easily. People who want it hard again are on crack. They will be the same ones complaining about DR teams on the final 3 nodes!!!

With the option to sim now, there is no reason to complain. The complaints were for missing out on rewards when going against ridiculous squads.

I would love to have GW so hard I could barely beat it most days.
  • Rake6 wrote: »
    I always wondered why swgoh make millions and millions and basically they don't do nothing. The game is super boring after a while. Why don't add new content all the time? I don't get it. They make freaking millions.

You clearly have no idea what is going on.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    MoBlaq wrote: »
    GW is actually in a good spot. Not too hard and you can use it for doing Prestigious Quests fairly easily. People who want it hard again are on crack. They will be the same ones complaining about DR teams on the final 3 nodes!!!

I beg your pardon?!?! I smoke plenty of crack and never asked for he to be harder. First of all it's way to easy. So if a challenge scares you into drug use I hope you don't have to live life outside your house ever. If one can't win each node with their 8th worst team they haven't worked on their characters at all. Seriously I use gear 8 droids under daka out of sheer boredom with no kinks. Just because everyone else wins tooooooo easily. However I have asked for it to be restartable by crystals like other modes. It needs to be longer, more interesting, or optionally harder like normal/hard everything else. Drevan and a handful of worthless imperial troopers in gw good times. It blows to get to the last node and forfeit repeatedly just to have something to do without spending 200 crystals on a refresh until dailies reset. For the record Einstein was on crack, and I doubt you could match his intellect. He'd probably enjoy a stiffer challenge as well
  • NicWester wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »

GW, as is, is one of the best modes because I don't have to worry about finishing. I can just do the fun part and then sim if I run out of time.

I wished they had given a slider, it would have been nice to sim the first 8 or so, to just play the "more difficult " nodes...

Sims did have a slider on GW for a short stint, if my memory serves me correctly. Either that, or I imagined it and made it real in my head because it is logical to have a slider on GW Sims.

Nope

Could it have been an A/B test then? I'm nearly positive I could set the number of sim tickets I used in GW for a brief period of time.

Or did I just have a Force Vision and see the future of GW?

I think I remember this, too, but it may just be that memory is faulty and you talking about it has incepted it into my brain.

At the very least, I know that if you’re wrong you’re not crazy!

For a moment I was about to pour hate all over that notion. But you're correct also. We were able to sim by number initially.
  • 1cbclzf20d80.jpg

A more difficult GW would be wonderful. GW was the most fun mode until I could beat it; then CG made it simable and that killed all enjoyment of the mode. Yeah, it's useful for Quests, but at the end of the day it's an obsolete game mode for veterans. Update to a more difficult GW that players can attempt or make an Infinity Wars mode that's a battle of attrition.
    I want to actually play with my roster, I want to enjoy the *gameplay* of the game.
    Started July 2016, completely FTP : https://swgoh.gg/u/rogenhamen/
  • dlv1986 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

GW, as is, is one of the best modes because I don't have to worry about finishing. I can just do the fun part and then sim if I run out of time.

I wished they had given a slider, it would have been nice to sim the first 8 or so, to just play the "more difficult " nodes...

Sims did have a slider on GW for a short stint, if my memory serves me correctly. Either that, or I imagined it and made it real in my head because it is logical to have a slider on GW Sims.

Nope

Could it have been an A/B test then? I'm nearly positive I could set the number of sim tickets I used in GW for a brief period of time.

Or did I just have a Force Vision and see the future of GW?

I think I remember this, too, but it may just be that memory is faulty and you talking about it has incepted it into my brain.

At the very least, I know that if you’re wrong you’re not crazy!

For a moment I was about to pour hate all over that notion. But you're correct also. We were able to sim by number initially.

Yes! That means I'm still sane!