Alliance tokens

I'm wondering how others are using the alliance tokens?

As it first became possible to use them in the weekly store, it made sense to save them up, as stun guns, golden eyeballs, carbanti's etc. did show up, but i somehow missed the info, that those items do no more show up in the weekly store purchasable with alliance tokens.
Since this happened, there's not a lot that makes sense to buy with alliance tokens, therefore i switched back to use them for the cards, which turns into shard shop currency when i roll shards or characters.
It's a brainless activity yes, and it would be very cool to be able to buy more than 1 card at a time, maybe something for upcoming QoL?
Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining

Replies

• i saved 150k when waiting for the weekely shipments and then had to use them all up. took awhile. now i just spend them when i get a couple thousand of them
  • Manumicio wrote: »

As it first became possible to use them in the weekly store, it made sense to save them up, as stun guns, golden eyeballs, carbanti's etc. did show up, but i somehow missed the info, that those items do no more show up in the weekly store purchasable with alliance tokens.
    Since this happened, there's not a lot that makes sense to buy with alliance tokens, therefore i switched back to use them for the cards, which turns into shard shop currency when i roll shards or characters.
    It's a brainless activity yes, and it would be very cool to be able to buy more than 1 card at a time, maybe something for upcoming QoL?

The official lie-ne is that anything more than 1 bronzium at a time will upset the economy. Honestly, what is the difference if it takes 10 minutes or an hour to exchange all those ally points for packs? I agree a slide bar would be better for the community.

I use ally points for bronzium packs. The shard shop is the better deal, IMHO.
  • I have over 500k stored up, and every day I spend about 5k on bronziums. Its been helping me pick up a lot of random low end stuff I always need.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Manumicio wrote: »

The official lie-ne is that anything more than 1 bronzium at a time will upset the economy. Honestly, what is the difference if it takes 10 minutes or an hour to exchange all those ally points for packs? I agree a slide bar would be better for the community.

Source for this “official line”? All I remember them saying is that they would prefer to give us more uses for them instead of a multipack. And then they started putting items in the weekly shipments.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Liath wrote: »

Source for this “official line”? All I remember them saying is that they would prefer to give us more uses for them instead of a multipack. And then they started putting items in the weekly shipments.

I can try to find it again, but it was something kyno posted a long time ago. A long time ago.

Edit: I found what I was looking for.

No, it is due to the fact that the stock of ally coins is too high and the rewards placed in there were never intended to be doled out in those quantities. They worry about the effect on the economy of the game.
  • Liath wrote: »

[CVG] The technical answer is that handling a massive number of drops is not currently supported in the game. That said, it would be possible (with work) to enable that. We have been talking about what to do with the Bronzium packs and system overall, and haven't yet landed on where we think this aspect of the game should go yet. All that currency was introduced with the tournament system and was intended to be used for that. We weren't prepared for it to be used only for bronzium packs, so it will be more challenging than simply enabling that functionality.

I did find this. It was posted on the April 2019 QOL post.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

I can try to find it again, but it was something kyno posted a long time ago. A long time ago.

No, it is due to the fact that the stock of ally coins is too high and the rewards placed in there were never intended to be doled out in those quantities. They worry about the effect on the economy of the game.

Kyno is just a forum mod, his statements are not “official line.”

But he is in contact with the game devs, so he would have an easier time getting accurate info than us regular gamers on the forums.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

But he is in contact with the game devs, so he would have an easier time getting accurate info than us regular gamers on the forums.

He would, but most of what he posts is just his own interpretation of what's going on, or his (sometimes flawed) personal recollection of what devs have said in the past. Unless he explicitly says "I asked a dev and was told this," I put no more stock in his statements than those of any other relatively knowledgeable poster.

He would, but most of what he posts is just his own interpretation of what's going on, or his (sometimes flawed) personal recollection of what devs have said in the past. Unless he explicitly says "I asked a dev and was told this," I put no more stock in his statements than those of any other relatively knowledgeable poster.

Until someone with actual authority states something, it does seem to be the "best" answer we do have. Any "knowledgeable poster" would only be able to offer speculation at best in a case like this. Personally, I think it is a **** answer, which would line up with what CG tells us anyway.