Five *TOP* tips to radically improve SWGOH and put smiles on the faces of everyone!!

_Skystalker
288 posts Member
edited August 2019
1. Improve Speed Mod rolls. This year compared to last i think i have rolled 1 speed mod over 20 compared to several in previous years. Something is not right here. Warrior from Team instinct also created a video and touched on this topic. Unless we can gain access to better speed mods then, the same people will always win because they already acquired the faster mods before CG made adjustments which seems to have stunted this process and made obtaining them 10 times harder then getting ZETA's. If they cant increase the chances make the MOD store cheaper or give us more currency in which to spend on MODS, because you can easily blow millions on mods due to the evidently poor chances they actually convert to anything of worth.

2. Omega's, their seems to be a distinct lack of omega's and while were needing more and more characters for things like TW and GAC, the reward systems to ensure we get these seems out of date. We need access to more Omega's

3. Sandbox mode. Being able to test teams and even replay previous battles is a desperate requirement right now and could help tremendously towards identifying cheating especially so if players can view battles and see how they were defeated.

4. Allow players to trade old, useless gear pieces for relevant needed gear pieces. How many people need 1000's of Stun cuffs and stun guns to fill this never ending void. When talking to a new player who just started the game he came cross his first requirement for stun guns. I said in order to fully upgrade all your toons with stun guns your going to need roughly 40,000 of them, give or take if you get 5 a day it would take about 24 years to get them all. That's insane he replied.....i said TIP of the ice berg mate!

5. ERM....Give us a Malak event please! Getting sick of not having him! - its well overdue

Replies

• Honestly I’m not sure if this is a troll post since these are like the top 5 most posted about topics and a couple of them have already been addressed. Namely:

3. There will never be a sandbox mode since there is no incentive for the developers to design such a mode. They flat out said this.

4. Old gear pieces are going to be utilized somehow with something or other to do with their **~LEGENDARY ITEMS~** patch (I.E. Vader’s Mask that he’s already wearing, Wicket’s stick that he’s already carrying, and so on)
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Can you provide some data to show that CG changed the rates on speed secondaries? Thank you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    1. Improve Speed Mod rolls. This year compared to last i think i have rolled 1 speed mod over 20 compared to several in previous years. Something is not right here. Warrior from Team instinct also created a video and touched on this topic. Unless we can gain access to better speed mods then, the same people will always win because they already acquired the faster mods before CG made adjustments which seems to have stunted this process and made obtaining them 10 times harder then getting ZETA's. If they cant increase the chances make the MOD store cheaper or give us more currency in which to spend on MODS, because you can easily blow millions on mods due to the evidently poor chances they actually convert to anything of worth.

Can you produce any statements or data that shows an adjustment to mods??

Also, everyone has access to the same set if tools for getting mods, even if you change the system, those with fast mods now will still have more fast mods and the gap will not really close.

Why shouldnt players who have committed to farming mods have the advantage if good mods?
  • TVF wrote: »
    Can you provide some data to show that CG changed the rates on speed secondaries? Thank you.

No i cant, I can only call upon my own experiences, which tell me the roll rate of speed mods over 20 has dropped in my opinion. Like i said on my original post this was also covered on Warriors channel from team Instinct? He also gave concern on one of his recent videos. I am sure you have heard of his channel with around 50k subscribers. Furthermore, my own discord chat which has 3 guilds is of the same unanimous opinion when it comes to mods, so clearly their is agreement that something seems different and many people are concerned. I know you have responsibility to whittle out the complainers just here to vent and rant but i am not talking about an isolated occurrence. More and more people are noticing and commenting that in general it seems much more difficult to obtain these high speed rolls. If you play the game at the level i am at with 4500GP then i am surprised you have not noticed anything. Last year i was able to get about 8-10 modes with 20+ speed. Since Jan 2019 I've manged 1 mod. Other talk of the same bad luck. Then warrior bring it to light on his channel. Coincidence?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I am sorry to hear of your mod struggles. My best two mods both came within a week of each other in May.
  • Perhaps it is random TVF - maybe ill be due for some good rolls in the next few months. Until such time I shall sit outside of top 20 arena and wait with baited breath for a good roll. Congrats on your 2 mods what were the speeds?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    https://swgoh.gg/p/279847465/mods/?stat2_5=1

Sorry I misspoke. It was the +26 and +25. Already had the +27.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    it's literally random lol. but mod luck is the worst part about the game (imo). There are (ignoring colors/stars for the moment) 6 shapes, 8 types, 11 primaries, 12 secondaries, then roll for upgrades. so the odds of getting that +20 speed, on a speed mod are...

Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    i just think that it makes things stagnant. The Same tired faces occupy the top 20. New meta comes the mods get ripped out and put on the new toons and its SSDD. if players cant access better speed mods then their side-lined until they can. I think i could recital the names of my top 20 arena shared by names. That's not normal for any game! I even know who to avoid just by name because i know their speed sets are better then mine. Until i roll a triangle speed mod 20+ then i am stuck outside top 20 because those who occupy top 20 have about 5 + more speed on their DR and DSB.

If on average its taking 6-8 months to roll a 20+ speed triangle that's quite debilitating but this is the reality of a lot of players. Maybe the answer is not just upping the rolls, perhaps their is a better solution but if i was a betting man, i can all be guarantee the next META will be different toons same mods and ill be doing this dance of despair for another 6 months