Padme Arena team

I’m thinking of being foolish/brave and trying her out in Arena:

***Padme, GK, Ahsoka, JKA and C3PO

1) What’s the G13 priorities? (I already have GK @ G13)
2) Is C3PO the best 5th —> or is Shaak Ti Better?
3) Is there a guide on optimal modding for this team - I know it’s health+++ focused.

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• Dar_Penthar
    598 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm still gearing my Padme squad myself, but in my research I've seen primarily three options for the 4, and 5th toons.

In some cases I've seen CWC instead of GK (to keep GK with JKR) and then zBariss or 3PO as the 5th toon. I'm not sure which performs best against DR/Malak but I think the slight edge goes to GK and 3PO.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    No need to keep GK for JKR if this is for arena.

If you can get an r2 faster than enemy DRs, than you can get smokescreen up and ruin those initial fears. I haven't really played with Padme myself, so that's pretty much all I know. C3 is probably the best general fifth
  • https://swgoh.gg/squads/166476/

thats my Arena Padme team. DR's team can be beaten most of the time but if Padme gets fractured is most of the time game over. But luckely on offence this does not happen most of the time.

Also when Malak is present its more difficult. But can easely stay below 50 and sometims below 20.

And its fun to play with Padme (sounds a bit strange :))
  • I've been trying this but can't seem to climb through all the JKRs in my arena. But I don't ever drop more than 5-10 ranks either.

Using Padme, Anakin, GK, Ahsoka and switching between 3PO and GMY. I don't have any G13s, but neither does anyone near me either.

Is there a trick to beating JKR with Padme?

I usually focus the GMY to trigger saviour, and then go after Jolee. It feels like 90% of the time I'm trying to hit my courage hits into an enemy with foresight.

Arena with C3PO
    https://swgoh.gg/squads/166521/

Arena with GMY
    http://swgoh.gg/squads/166522/
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I've been trying this but can't seem to climb through all the JKRs in my arena. But I don't ever drop more than 5-10 ranks either.

Using Padme, Anakin, GK, Ahsoka and switching between 3PO and GMY. I don't have any G13s, but neither does anyone near me either.

Is there a trick to beating JKR with Padme?

I usually focus the GMY to trigger saviour, and then go after Jolee. It feels like 90% of the time I'm trying to hit my courage hits into an enemy with foresight.

Arena with C3PO
    https://swgoh.gg/squads/166521/

Arena with GMY
    http://swgoh.gg/squads/166522/

A couple tips.

I prefer 3p0. Use his basic to reduce cooldowns, and save his group attack for when it will really counts (lots of stacks/nearly dead enemy).

If you use ani's special, aim at GK so ahsoka will assist clearing the taunt you probably just gave him.

Fast GK seems to work better

It's never a guarantee, and every battle is a little different. But it's very doable.
  • Thanks for the help! What speeds / turn order do you suggest for the Galactic Republic? Should I have Padme fast or slow?

• jonnydeathstar
    106 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for the help! What speeds / turn order do you suggest for the Galactic Republic? Should I have Padme fast or slow?

Slow Padmé = best Padmé

Reasons? (not sarcasm, genuine interest)
  • Her "cunning plan" special gives stacking protection up (10%) for each debuff removed. when they get a turn each stack becomes 2 stacks of courage, so 3 debuffs will be 6 stacks (40% max health) and 5 will be 10 stacks. So the more debuffs you clear the better the damage you will do back. That special also heals the team from the intail damage taken
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Thanks for the help! What speeds / turn order do you suggest for the Galactic Republic? Should I have Padme fast or slow?

Slow Padmé = best Padmé

That doesn't work vs jkr. I have my padme fast as possible. Without prot up whoever gets marked will get smashed
  • I saw on youtube fast padme win more consistently over malak team. Speed is around 336 or something
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

For me, the only time I like padme slow is actually vs Sion. I either mod her to go right after, or use her prot up special on the second turn.

If he goes after padme he wrecks everything with his mass debuff.
  • Hi, I thought I would share with you my experience. I have been running Padme for a month now in arena, and I'm starting to really succeed with her. I've been in top 10 for 5 days, and finished 1st 2 times B)

I started playing this game a bit more than 1 year ago, so the top 50 of my shard is almost full of G13 Darth Revan with many Malaks (and a few Padme hehe).

I run Padme, JKA, GK (all three are G13), GMY G12 (but soon G13) and Ahsoka G12. I recently put R2-D2 instead of Ahsoka, I'll explain later why. Also, I know that C3PO as 5th seems really nice, but I don't have him so I've never had the chance to test it.

I did a lost of tests and changes in the way I modded them. As other people told you, giving them a lot of health is really the core of the strategy for this team, it makes them very durable. BUT the problem with this is that if they are too slow, a fast DR team will take too many turn and you won't be able to control the fight, which leads to very quick defeats (less than 30 seconds sometimes :# ).
    Moreover, against G13 Malaks (normally at the end of a "normal" fight you have 3, 4 or 5 toons left against Malak), if you are too slow and too weak, he will crush you.

I split my advices in 3 parts, first the gear and modding, then the zetas, and finally the overall strategies.

Gear and mods

- some G13 are mandatory if you want to compete with other G13 teams, of course. For the order I'd say to G13 JKA and Padme first (the core of the team), then GK (he takes a lot of punches), then the other.

- I'd say that everybody should be at least around 250 speed, I like to have a faster Padme as she gives a bit of control (with the cleansing and the stunning kick), so mine is around 290. You don't need to make her too fast though, I tried a 320+ speed Padme and it didn't bring any real advantage, and surprisingly I fell lower in defense.

- Anakin has to hit hard and also to land his debuffs (mandatory to beat a G13 Malak), so Attack and Power have to be a secondary focus for him.

You can check at how I modded my team here https://swgoh.gg/p/289935152 if you're interested in it.

Zetas

Some are absolutely vital, and other are quite important but it depends against which opponent.

The vital ones
    => Padme's lead will protect your team
    => JKA because you need Padme to have this bonus turn too (cf the strategy I explain after)
    => GK Soresu as he needs to take all the punches so the other can keep their protection up

For JKR
    => Ahsoka's unique to assist a lot and dispel buffs
    => Padme's unique to get the 40% prot up a lot as JKR teams do a lot of attacks out of turn

For DR/Malak
    => GMY's Grand master guidance, for the tenacity up AND the foresight that becomes useful when facing Malak alone

You have to know that gearing and modding is not enough, there is a lot of training to do to understand the strategy and how to beat the two "Meta" teams.

For JKR, I really struggled at first, but now they are a piece of cake. For them you should use Ahsoka as 5th. If you modded with enough health, then with all the attacks out turn you get a lot of prot up, so they can't really scratch you characters. Ahsoka's basic dispels buff even if the opponent as foresight!
    So you just take some punches, and stack some courage. As each 5 stacks of courage inflicts 40% of max health, the crit protection and strong defense of Jolee becomes obsolete here, you can kill him pretty easily.
    As I highlighted above, a really slow Padme would be a bit of a problem here, as JKR teams takes a lot of turns. That' one of the reason why you want your toons to be a bit fast so they can attack sometimes :D

For Darth Revan, the strategy is to be destroyed in the beginning, they rise up like the Phoenix :D
    How the fight will normally go is that DR will put fear on everybody but Padme, Badstila will put a lot of debuffs, then all goes south. BUT as soon as one of your toon's HP get under 50%, JKA will take his bonus turn, then Padme and here you use the cleanse. I know it's tempting to use it before, but you should wait for this moment to use it, as you will get way more protection up this way.
    After that, just wait for the taunts to disappear (as soon as Malak attacks, he losts his taunt), and you have to focus on Basti and HK and kill them asap. With all the stacks it's quite easy. The main problem you may have is if you keep putting critical on Malak as he will constantly taunt and courage doesn't do anything on him.
    That's why I told you Ahsoka is a bit useless in this fight in my opinion, she just brings more chances to crit.

Then it's not over, when trying to kill DR, he will suck health from other toons, including Malak. You really have to understand how Malak's unique works, he will sucks 100% of your max health with it and can quickly decimate your whole team. This is the part of the fight that needs some training to really manage to get through. Especially against G13 Malak which is REALLY resistant.

Once DR is dead, it's you against Malak. Ideally, you want to have Padme, JKA and GMY here. If JKA or Padme are dead, it's almost impossible to kill him. JKA has to put healing immunity with his basic to avoid Malak sucking your health. GMY spread offensive buffs and foresight. Padme cleanse and stuns. It can take more than 1 minute for the 3 of them to get him, and you have to be smart to trigger his health sucking when your toons have prot up so that he doesn't kill them.

Here is all the experience I've gathered with this team, don't hesitate if you have any question, and good luck!!