Gold limit

Replies

• Anybody who has that much credits saved up does not buy mods in the mods shop....
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    It takes a great amount of bad luck to not have %25 chance bumps 100 times in a row, quite a lot more than getting god mods in the process xD. But you know...luck takes nothing to believe in it, it provides infinite explanatory power too.

No, they're exactly the same. If you upgrade by 3 levels at a time, you have 25% chance of rolling speed. Each time. So rolling god mods has the same chance as rolling no speed secondaries.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here, but the chances of rolling speed 4 times is (.25)^4 or ~4% and the chances of rolling speed 0 times is (.75)^4 or ~31%.

They don't stack. Each increase of 3 has a 25% chance.

Yes, each increase has a 25% chance of bumping speed, which means it has a 75% of not bumping speed. Therefore the chance of not bumping speed 4 times is not equal to the chance of bumping speed 4 times.
  • The point I am trying to make is that each roll is an independent event, that each has a 25% chance on its own to increase a specific stat. They have no bearing on the other rolls.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    The point I am trying to make is that each roll is an independent event, that each has a 25% chance on its own to increase a specific stat. They have no bearing on the other rolls.

Yes, each roll is an independent event. The way you calculate the probability of multiple independent events all occurring is by multiplying their probabilities. That's exactly what I did.

You said that the chances of getting a god mod (4 speed rolls) is the same as the chances of getting 0 speed rolls. That statement is false.
  • Liath wrote: »
    The point I am trying to make is that each roll is an independent event, that each has a 25% chance on its own to increase a specific stat. They have no bearing on the other rolls.

Yes, each roll is an independent event. The way you calculate the probability of multiple independent events all occurring is by multiplying their probabilities. That's exactly what I did.

You said that the chances of getting a god mod (4 speed rolls) is the same as the chances of getting 0 speed rolls. That statement is false.

The odds of getting a god mod vs getting a lemon are very different.
  • I still don't get how a day one player should have 500+M credits. I started on Januar 2016, always top arena/s blah blah.... I hover around 70M at the moment, and not all of my characters are at level 85, I'd say around 25% of them are not
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

The odds of getting a god mod vs getting a lemon are very different.

Glad we agree. That's why I started by saying that I might be misunderstanding what you were saying.

This is the sentence I was interpreting that way: "So rolling god mods has the same chance as rolling no speed secondaries."
  • Rolling mods is essiently a binomial trial, where a success is a speed roll and a failure is anything: So for "m" success in 4 rolls. the distribution looks like this:

success times m probability P
    0 0.31640625
    1 0.421875
    2 0.2109375
    3 0.046875
    4 0.00390625

Getting "good" mods is simply a numbers game with RNG. The more trials you execute the more likely you are to have a decent mod. And, as others have pointed out, this is a game of resources management, so knowing when to abandon a roll and sell is also key and dependent on your mod inevntory. Right now, I need mods that can reasonable roll speed 3x to get into the teens to make an impact, so if the first few rolls miss, I sell them off.

I don't get hoarding credits. I like to have a buffer in all shops, equal to roughly being able to farm a toon if CG ever reverts its decision to not add new toons to some shops and a credit buffer, but 500M is excessive and a wasted opportunity cost. Even if we were to get a level increase, at first you have to gain the XP needed, which is a process that takes weeks, iirc from the slog from 80 to 85, so there is plenty of time to save the required amount.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • I have almost 200 mil credits and I still roll my grey mods to lvl 12 to see if they are good. It simply doesn't take up that many credits. I split my mod energy between farming new mods and slicing materials depending on my needs. I'm always limited by mod energy long before credits.

I still have characters i could take to level 85 but they are limited by gear anyway so they are not terribly useful (and some are just bad characters I'll probably never take to level 85)

I do occasionally buy mods from the store but it has to be an amazing mod for that to happen. Right set, right primary, gold mod with 5 speed showing, and other useful secondaries that mesh well with both the set and the primary. Those don't show up all that often so not a huge credit drain.

And I don't use crystals to refresh the mod store and only rarely use them to refresh mod energy (ie I want to roll a mod and am short for some reason.) Some argue that you get more god mods by refreshing but over time you spend a lot of crystals to get a handfull of mods that are decent, a few good mods, and very few god mods. And the opportunity cost is that you potentially miss on the next panic farm or panic gearing and miss a meta toons.

So it is possible to build up a lot of credits and still have decent to good mods.
  • AKS
    81 posts Member
    I still don't get how a day one player should have 500+M credits. I started on Januar 2016, always top arena/s blah blah.... I hover around 70M at the moment, and not all of my characters are at level 85, I'd say around 25% of them are not

xg1290imq7bc.png

That’s with everyone except Malek (don’t have him unlocked) at 85.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    It takes a great amount of bad luck to not have %25 chance bumps 100 times in a row, quite a lot more than getting god mods in the process xD. But you know...luck takes nothing to believe in it, it provides infinite explanatory power too.

No, they're exactly the same. If you upgrade by 3 levels at a time, you have 25% chance of rolling speed. Each time. So rolling god mods has the same chance as rolling no speed secondaries.

-in a row-
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Anyway, I just aimed to make an amusing hyperbole which means getting nothing out of using so many dices is next to none, using up 500m credits will significantly progress a mod roster.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Anyway, I just aimed to make an amusing hyperbole which means getting nothing out of using so many dices is next to none, using up 500m credits will significantly progress a mod roster.

The problem is that to go through that many credits, you'll have to either spend significant crystals to refresh energy or the mod store.

Either that or buy mods from the store that aren't all that good and that is a waste of resources.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

The problem is that to go through that many credits, you'll have to either spend significant crystals to refresh energy or the mod store.

Either that or buy mods from the store that aren't all that good and that is a waste of resources.

Yeah it takes time and it's not like you have any rush for it if you make that leap and ignite the process. I had 200m creds and 100m ship creds afterwards 2.0 which I started to use up. No good reason for hoarding them up at that time. I was of the mind -fml, it doesn't work-. Due to the credit income it took sometime to use it up all and my mod roster ended up much better.
  • This is why the next level cap increase will require a new form of credits (credits 2?) to level characters. I wouldn't put it past CG to do this..
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member

That is why you should always log out and relog into the game after each successful speed upgrade. OR you can upgrade a different mod between a speed upgrade. That resets the probability %. Math is so easily fooled🙄

i would test it myself but I have never rolled a speed upgrade on any of my mods.

Yeah it takes time and it's not like you have any rush for it if you make that leap and ignite the process. I had 200m creds and 100m ship creds afterwards 2.0 which I started to use up. No good reason for hoarding them up at that time. I was of the mind -fml, it doesn't work-. Due to the credit income it took sometime to use it up all and my mod roster ended up much better.

Like I said above, I already farm mods/slicing materials with all free mod energy and buy good mods if i see them in the store. And that uses enough credits to jave it grow slowly. Occasionally a new character comes out smd I take them to 85 but that only temporarily slows it. There's no more that can be done to use the credits without using crystals or buying mods from the store that aren't as good.

I'm sure the others that have a lot if credits are in the same boat.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Like I said above, I already farm mods/slicing materials with all free mod energy and buy good mods if i see them in the store. And that uses enough credits to jave it grow slowly. Occasionally a new character comes out smd I take them to 85 but that only temporarily slows it. There's no more that can be done to use the credits without using crystals or buying mods from the store that aren't as good.

Seems to me this boils down to our standard of what we consider good enough to buy from mod shop. My pile went down slowly, I don't remember how long it took. At that time I had nothing to level, so there's no other significant credit sink for me either.

Seems to me this boils down to our standard of what we consider good enough to buy from mod shop. My pile went down slowly, I don't remember how long it took. At that time I had nothing to level, so there's no other significant credit sink for me either.

Obviously it does vary. Depends somewhat on how lucky you get on credit heist.

But my criteria for buying are primary and set go well together (ie offense set with a protection primary for a cross or triangle wouldn't qualify. So basically ofense with offense or cd or defense with health/protection), at least a gold mod (I have too many purples, blues, and greens I could slice to bother buying more), speed of at least 5 showing, and secondaries that go with the primary and the set (at least a couple. That way if speed doesn't roll it's good for either a tank or slow attacker.

I'm not as picky with rolling mods. I take almost anything that has speed to green and most of those to blue. But if speed fails to roll twice, I generally stop rolling them.

• This sounds more and more like an AA meeting,there are comments starting with" i don't know how it started" :wink:
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    This sounds more and more like an AA meeting,there are comments starting with" i don't know how it started" :wink:

In the beginning there was only darkness.
  • evoluza wrote: »

You farm mods wrong if you don't purchase extra stuff for crystals.
    The 3x 50 for energy are a most and 15/ store refresh isn't a huge deal.
    If you really try to get rid of all these unnecessary credits on stock, you should start doing a bit more.
    I don't know your mods, but they could be better for sure!

There is opportunity cost to that as well. 3 50 crystal refreshes a day and 1 15 crystal is 165 a day which to be fair isn't much to be sure. But over 90 days that's almost 15k in crystals. That's a lot of star/gear panic farming that can easily be the difference between getting or not getting the next malak.

Assuming a quarter of the mods that drop have speed (and from experience that is generous). Over 90 day if you do refreshes, you get an extra 2 mods that roll speed to the high teens or twenties. And I assume you get several in the low teens.

But considering you likely need to split that between mods and slicing materials, it's probably more like 1 mod in 90 days if you're lucky and likely 0. So 15k in crystals for one god mod and some decent ones.

Not worth it in my opinion.

I have decent mods already. I have mostly high teen and low twenty secondaries on my arena team and probably mid teens on the next couple of teams and low teens or better on any toons I actually use in ga or tw.

Most ga's my toons are faster than my opponent. It's usually the g13 or 500k gp difference that is more annoying than mods.

So, I don't think mathematically it is wise to use crystals on mods. I'm ftp so I don't have an unlimited supply. And with my current mods I get 1st in both arenas most days so no room for better mods to help there.
  • Depending on how it's stored in the database, the gold limit should be 2,147,483,647 if it's an int or 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 if it's a bigint
  • Why not? Everybody plays this game differently. I understand the concept of getting better mods I just don't feel compelled to. I get the enjoyment I'm seeking out of my current mod sets. what good would the rest of my roster sitting at level 85 gear tier 1 do me? I can only gear 1 to 2 at a time anyway. I'm not competitive and not in a competitive guild and do pretty well in those guild activities. Don't really care for ga, gac or any of the arenas. If the situation was different yeah, I'd have to constantly scrounge for the better mods.
    But getting better mods than I currently have isn't a high priority with how I play.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    haysswa1 wrote: »
    Why not? Everybody plays this game differently. I understand the concept of getting better mods I just don't feel compelled to. I get the enjoyment I'm seeking out of my current mod sets. what good would the rest of my roster sitting at level 85 gear tier 1 do me? I can only gear 1 to 2 at a time anyway. I'm not competitive and not in a competitive guild and do pretty well in those guild activities. Don't really care for ga, gac or any of the arenas. If the situation was different yeah, I'd have to constantly scrounge for the better mods.
    But getting better mods than I currently have isn't a high priority with how I play.

I guess my thought is people play with the understanding they want to improve their characters and success in the game. Increasing thr size of your credit currency is counterintuitive to that goal.

Only if that's what you want out of the game. Improving chars and success is determined by the individual. Myself, I feel my roster is very much improved and have plenty of success within my own account. But that's what I want from my gaming experience and am satisfied with what my chars can or can't accomplish. But, I can no more expect someone to play like me or question why someone would want to chase their tails hunting the white rabbit when it's exhausting.
    I'm at a little over 4.1milgp and been playing since Dec of '15. Been with my current guild about 2 and a half years. We're a very casual guild with little intraguild competition. Hpit is on sim, I have chars needed to solo haat and could place 1st in hstr if I wanted but don't since I 7* traya mths ago. Even then I still place top 5 in it with only 2 attacks averaging around 16mil total. If that gives you an idea about how low the competition is.
    I'm not into ga,gac,tw or arenas so within my own gaming style I feel very successful with my current mods and such.
    But the outsider looking in may very well say my stats aren't up to par and I'm fine with that.
    Feel free to check out my stats on swgoh.gg under haysswa 426 288 817
    It's all good and game on!
  • I've never seen over 15m credits in my account. However, I am the fastest player in my shard. Nice flex though.