Stuns... Yes Stuns

Jpfit262
545 posts Member
edited August 2019
I refreshed the shard store a total of 4 times (2 last night, 2 this morning) and its done its scheduled refresh twice today.... and I refreshed the GET store twice (once last night, once this morning)... and it also did its scheduled refreshed twice.... out of 10 refreshes...... stuns showed up ONCE... and it was only a 5 piece in the GET store... GARBAGE

How is such a vital piece only showing up 1/10 times? And yes I tried to farm it, I tried hard and light nodes.... I did 10 sims on a hard node, got 1 piece.... I did 36 sims on easy and got 5 pieces... this is insane.

Ok I just wanted to vent, now I'm done.

Replies

• RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    And if I get 'heads' twice after two coin flips I can confidently determine that my odds of getting that result with every further repetition of this action is a 100%.

10 attemps is a worthless sample size.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    You're probably better off just spending the crystals on the gear directly instead of spending them to refresh stores.
  • Liath wrote: »
    You're probably better off just spending the crystals on the gear directly instead of spending them to refresh stores.

This.
    1,274 for a crafted stun gun salvage is a decent deal. 3 to 4 days of a top 5 fleet arena finish.
  • KateX
    12 posts Member
    I really didn't realize people spend crystals refreshing stores. I agree with posters who said you should save them and buy outright.
  • I buy them as a last resort, but yea its pretty much become the only way to get them which sucks.
  • IMO refreshing stores is a waste of Crystal's, just as the others have said. You're better off using those crystals for energy refreshes and buying gear outright.
  • Never ever refresh. It's a complete waste
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    I need so many carbs that I've got about a hundred stun guns piled up at any time. I generally get 50 more by the next time I have enough carbs saved up.
  • Wasting crystals on refreshing stores is definitely a bad decision, you need to be very desperate for gear at that point.
  • Hálcyøn
    45 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Yeah I just save for abt a week from daily objectives (without even placing high in arena or fleet arena) and you’ve got the crystals needed to buy it outright from weekly store
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Never ever refresh. It's a complete waste

Slight counterpoint: If you need something for a timed event, it might make sense to refresh. Shards, normally, but it can even make sense for gear if you've already exhausted the weekly store.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

This.
    1,274 for a crafted stun gun salvage is a decent deal. 3 to 4 days of a top 5 fleet arena finish.

And it's even better a deal than a carb, stun cuff, etc., which costs 1400 crystals.
  • Never ever refresh. It's a complete waste

I disagree. I refresh the shard store once or twice when I'm looking for diverse gear and have tons of shard currency. It's 25 per refresh though and the odds that something pops up that i need are very high. The other stores for 50...a waste
  • If u play with rng, rng will play with u
  • Update: 2 more refreshes ... still no stuns... ended up buying them

Yes this was for alpha to get him to g10 for the poggle mission which is why the urgency and refreshing of stores. Ended up not mattering in the end but spending 100 crystals to refresh the store would have been cheaper had it worked haha
  • Hálcyøn wrote: »
    Yeah I just save for abt a week from daily objectives (without even placing high in arena or fleet arena) and you’ve got the crystals needed to buy it outright from weekly store

I feel like hard node and energy refreshes would be a better investment.

You need stun guns on all the characters you farm too. I have a mountain of characters I farmed that collect dust. They will never be geared because of the stun gun crunch.
  • I agree with what you're saying about stun guns, and granted you shouldn't have refreshed that many times , but as ftp myself, I use crystals for refreshing nodes when farming toons in hard nodes... people saying you should never refresh, either pay for shards or would unlock B1 in 2022.

In my case, I am over 1 month and counting without finding Stun Guns in Cantina store. I used to get them there occasionally, but now they're nowhere to be found in Cantina. If I'm lucky I'd get 5 stuns from Shard shop, guild events, and raids depending on rng.

Guildmates confirmed they noticed the same thing (though some were getting them at a much lower rate), so I sent a complaint to EA customer care with this issue to confirm whether stun drop rates in cantina have been modified, and this is the first line from the reply I got:

"Thank you for contacting EA help. My name is (*****) and I would assist you with your issue today in The Simpsons: Tapped Out."

Yep...
    He then said they'll message me with a resolution, and that was 2 weeks ago.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Did you get to level 85 in that time? I think I remember some people saying that certain gear is removed from certain store(s) when you hit 85. I can say for sure there is zero gear in the cantina store for me, so that's the only explanation I can think of.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    bash wrote: »
    I agree with what you're saying about stun guns, and granted you shouldn't have refreshed that many times , but as ftp myself, I use crystals for refreshing nodes when farming toons in hard nodes... people saying you should never refresh, either pay for shards or would unlock B1 in 2022.

People are saying you should never refresh stores. Nobody has said you should never refresh nodes.
    bash wrote: »

In my case, I am over 1 month and counting without finding Stun Guns in Cantina store. I used to get them there occasionally, but now they're nowhere to be found in Cantina. If I'm lucky I'd get 5 stuns from Shard shop, guild events, and raids depending on rng.

Guildmates confirmed they noticed the same thing (though some were getting them at a much lower rate), so I sent a complaint to EA customer care with this issue to confirm whether stun drop rates in cantina have been modified, and this is the first line from the reply I got:

This is the first time I have ever seen anybody claim that there was ever any type of gear in the cantina store.
  • The commonality in the thread is that your gear priorities for the teams that are the core of your roster are most efficiently farmed with crystals. May it be stun guns, stun cuffs, carbanti, or the black balls, buy them with 1200 saved up crystals because you can get that in 3-5 days.

It's a matter of priority. You are complaining because you want to use those crystals for other things but you are facing the reality that your gear needs require those crystals. That is your real priority and you don't like it. You will meet your priorities faster when you are honest with accepting your true needs and stop trying to have everything.
  • I agree on the priority thing above, but what really hurts (and i had it several times), is when i spend then finally those crystals for the Stun Guns i needed, i upgrade the char to the next gear lvl, and oh hello there, i need 50-100 more stun guns for which i just did spend my crystals :#
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Manumicio wrote: »
    I agree on the priority thing above, but what really hurts (and i had it several times), is when i spend then finally those crystals for the Stun Guns i needed, i upgrade the char to the next gear lvl, and oh hello there, i need 50-100 more stun guns for which i just did spend my crystals :#

If this is a surprise to you when it happens, may I suggest looking at future gear tiers for the characters you are working on at swgoh.gg so that you can plan ahead.
  • And if I get 'heads' twice after two coin flips I can confidently determine that my odds of getting that result with every further repetition of this action is a 100%.

10 attemps is a worthless sample size.

It's more then 2 like most People have. I'm sure if you donated the gems he would gladly test further.

Saying to someone that "that number is too low to be a reliable stat" does not invalidate what he is saying, or what he is trying to bring up.

Some gear is really dumb right now. It kills the game for a certain GP range until you have your 16 teams fleshed out for GAC.