Showdown at Star Forge [MEGA]

Replies

• Kailen wrote: »
    And that's my cue to leave. To release Malak a few weeks *BEFORE* the next DR event in inexcusable. This is a massive middle finger to anybody who's been spending time and resources preparing for the coming release, to basically tell them that the single most game-dominating character they've ever created is effectively out of reach for another 4-6 months. I cannot reward CG/EA for that. Good luck to all the "Tips of the spear" out there, but this is intolerable behavior on their part.

Q.Q

You’ve had plenty of time to get D Revan. Stop blaming others for your poor planning skills.
  • What is the exact time? Anyone knows? Thanks

How long the event is going to run would also be useful info. I'm assuming 3 days like last time.
  • What is the exact time? Anyone knows? Thanks

it's 19:33 GMT rn, you welcome
  • daft_serious
    41 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    Just when i thought that without useless carrie the game would take a good turn...not the 1 day notice thats usual practice from cg aka why people hate this stinking company. But why not do a drevan event before? Now even tho lot of people are ready to get malak we have no darth revan to enter the event with so thats a screw you big time.

@CG_Erik I understand the need for the Q&A and the mess you guys put yourselfs into, but why dig a deeper hole? You should have brough back the darth revan event before malak...but i guess thinking is not the strongest in you guys right?

DR has been available twice already, right?

yeah and the 2nd event was like what a month early? Thats where i was screwed personally i would have needed 10 more days roughly to finish.

Oh ok. I'm sorry CG didnt check with you first to see if you had been slacking on farming and give you some extra "special" time just so you could have caught up first.

You have a valid complaint. They totally should have done that, just for you.

I understand paid commenting to make cg look good, and i assume you get a lot of adventage from it in the game but try harder than this low life mentality. They know drevan is needed for malak so either why wait this long with malak so everyone who missed drevan the 2nd time misses out, or why not have drevan earlier to have it happen before malak and hell maybe earn some cash on panic farms.

wow, so salty. So many f2p players I know played correctly for this, going only after dr and malak since the first event. Ive been ready for a while now, not a penny spent.
    blame only yourself, friend.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Please make the event replayable for those that already beat it!!!
  • Please nerf Malak hard.
  • Intrapidoo wrote: »
    Just when i thought that without useless carrie the game would take a good turn...not the 1 day notice thats usual practice from cg aka why people hate this stinking company. But why not do a drevan event before? Now even tho lot of people are ready to get malak we have no darth revan to enter the event with so thats a screw you big time.

@CG_Erik I understand the need for the Q&A and the mess you guys put yourselfs into, but why dig a deeper hole? You should have brough back the darth revan event before malak...but i guess thinking is not the strongest in you guys right?

DR has been available twice already, right?

yeah and the 2nd event was like what a month early? Thats where i was screwed personally i would have needed 10 more days roughly to finish.

Oh ok. I'm sorry CG didnt check with you first to see if you had been slacking on farming and give you some extra "special" time just so you could have caught up first.

You have a valid complaint. They totally should have done that, just for you.

How much does it pay to lick **** just askin?

I understand paid commenting to make cg look good, and i assume you get a lot of adventage from it in the game in form of cheats but try harder than this low life mentality. They know drevan is needed for malak so either why wait this long with malak so everyone who missed drevan the 2nd time is ****, or why not have drevan earlier to have it happen before malak and hell maybe earn some cash on panic farms.

wow, so salty. So many f2p players I know played correctly for this, going only after dr and malak since the first event. Ive been ready for a while now, not a penny spent.
    blame only yourself, friend.

Agreed. I was ready a week or two after. So frustrated to barely miss but there was plenty of time for a ftp to be ready, other than brand new ftp (that likely takes playing for 9 months or more to habe been ready.)

On my alt, I have jkr and am working on dr. Will likely be ready for malak for the third go around. And that was with focus but starting in feb. So if you played much longer than that you should likely be ready.
  • Kailen
    90 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Q.Q

You’ve had plenty of time to get D Revan. Stop blaming others for your poor planning skills.

You seem to be harboring the false impression that I am trying to get something early than I intended. The plan for me always has been to get the Revans on their third appearance. I don't chase the meta like a slobbering dog bounding after a tennis ball. There are a whole host of other characters in the game that I'd rather have, other priorities. And I met all of those, despite how much the devs REALLY want to railroad players down specific paths by forcing more and more and more required characters - thus making the players never actually able to stop and sandbox, to play with THEIR choice of characters.

The only wild card was Malak.

I would have had no problem had Malak appeared shortly after DR's second encounter. As they should have. A few days, a week, a month, something that gives the people who got DR on the second pass a chance to get and play with their sparkly new Malak.

The issue is, they didn't do that. They waited. And waited. And waited. Until now, when DR is actually scheduled to come around again shortly, which I am set for as I planned to be, *NOW* they release Malak again. At this cadence, anyone who gets DR the third time is messed up. Because DR won't come around until a month or two after the FORTH DR release.

CG/EA messed up. They know they messed up. They made a character too powerful. They don't have anything else comparable ready. They have a choice to make: Keep holding Malak back for the "tip of the spear", for their whales, forever? Release him to "the general public" by keeping him in line with all the other releases? Or try to have some middle ground where still mostly whales get him, and nobody else? No answer makes their player base happy.

However, the one they chose is the one I personally find the most insulting. They are blatantly telling players "If you don't play the game OUR WAY, we're punishing you." By releasing Malak this late in the cycle and before DR, they're going against everything they've done before with release schedules, and intentionally harming players who plan for getting the pre-requirements on their own time. Instead of doing what they've done with JTR and CLS, where they make sure the required characters of BB-8 and R2-D2 are actually available as well for people to be able to get the epics in a timely manner, they've decides to screw everyone over by not giving Malak in a timely manner to those who are ready.

This is their conscious decision. This is by design. They know what they are doing, and so do I. And I will not reward this behavior. I am out.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • YetiYeti wrote: »
    Please nerf Malak hard.

No need another meta will be incoming in a month or two. I'll get malak easily. But I have no plans to use any crystals to gear him. Those are saved for the next game changing toon.
    Q.Q

You seem to be harboring the false impression that I am trying to get something early than I intended. The plan for me always has been to get the Revans on their third appearance. I don't chase the meta like a slobbering dog bounding after a tennis ball. There are a whole host of other characters in the game that I'd rather have, other priorities. And I met all of those, despite how much the devs REALLY want to railroad players down specific paths by forcing more and more and more required characters - thus making the players never actually able to stop and sandbox, to play with THEIR choice of characters.

I would have had no problem had Malak appeared shortly after DR's second encounter. As they should have. A few days, a week, a month, something that gives the people who got DR on the second pass a chance to get and play with their sparkly new Malak.

The issue is, they didn't do that. They waited. And waited. And waited. Until now, when DR is actually scheduled to come around again shortly, which I am set for as I planned to be, *NOW* they release Malak again. At this cadence, anyone who gets DR the third time is ****. Because DR won't come around until a month or two after the FORTH DR release.

CG/EA messed up. They know they messed up. They made a character too powerful. They don't have anything else comparable ready. They have a choice to make: Keep holding Malak back for the "tip of the spear", for their whales, forever? Release him to "the general public" by keeping him in line with all the other releases? Or try to have some middle ground where still mostly whales get him, and nobody else? No answer makes their player base happy.

However, the one they chose is the one I personally find the most insulting. They are blatantly telling players "If you don't play the game OUR WAY, we're punishing you." By releasing Malak this late in the cycle and before DR, they're going against everything they've done before with release schedules, and intentionally harming players who plan for getting the pre-requirements on their own time. Instead of doing what they've done with JTR and CLS, where they make sure the required characters of BB-8 and R2-D2 are actually available as well for people to be able to get the epics in a timely manner, they've decides to screw everyone over by not giving Malak in a timely manner to those who are ready.

This is their conscious decision. This is by design. They know what they are doing, and so do I. And I will not reward this behavior. I am out.

You don't even know for sure that they aren't brining darth revan back with malak. They haven't said one way or the other.

They may have darth revan and jkr bith with it for all we know. That would make sense to get newer whales to spend. After all that gives you the choice of spend now or wait.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    So what will change the meta the next month?

Jawa Master Bossk.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Kailen wrote: »
    Q.Q

The issue is, they didn't do that. They waited. And waited. And waited. Until now, when DR is actually scheduled to come around again shortly, which I am set for as I planned to be, *NOW* they release Malak again. At this cadence, anyone who gets DR the third time is ****. Because DR won't come around until a month or two after the FORTH DR release.

But, you arent ready. Right?
  • evoluza wrote: »

I really don't know. But typically the meta changes about a month or so after the second release. So just hoarding crystals for now. I'm gearing bugs and the padme team just in case they are needed for a journey or another legendary.
  • You don't even know for sure that they aren't brining darth revan back with malak. They haven't said one way or the other.

They may have darth revan and jkr bith with it for all we know. That would make sense to get newer whales to spend. After all that gives you the choice of spend now or wait.

Yes, they have. The third time an event happens it will not be by surprise. It is announced with other events. This is the third time that DR would be returning. (And the, what, 5th for JKR if they release him as well?) It would not be done by surprise.

The earliest DR is coming back is next month.

Again, this decision of theirs punished the players who got DR the second time around as well. This punishes EVERYONE, by design. And they should not be rewarded for punishing players.

7* Shak-Ti and the new/reworked clones
  • I’m more miffed they’re giving people ONE day notice for this. That’s what’s the most messed up.
    You don't even know for sure that they aren't brining darth revan back with malak. They haven't said one way or the other.

Yes, they have. The third time an event happens it will not be by surprise. It is announced with other events. This is the third time that DR would be returning. (And the, what, 5th for JKR if they release him as well?) It would not be done by surprise.

The earliest DR is coming back is next month.

Again, this decision of theirs punished the players who got DR the second time around as well. This punishes EVERYONE, by design. And they should not be rewarded for punishing players.

No I'm not punished. I'm ready. And journey characters may or may not be on the calender. They don't always follow the cadence. So as I said not confirmed either way.

Though even if they release dr or jkr with him, that's stll a lot of gear to have to have saved or buy.
  • Just a speculation - Darth Revan is back as well, at the same time as Darth Malak. But who knows.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I’m more miffed they’re giving people ONE day notice for this. That’s what’s the most messed up.

Respectful question, only because I'm curious. How many more days would you need to be ready?
  • OMG I am so happy right now. The wait for Malak has been miserable. I was ready shortly after the first event. I am also so happy they are not bringing Dr Evan back with Malak.

7* Shak-Ti and the new/reworked clones

Unlikely. Not enough of a paywall. Probably either a mass gear check like with malak or new toons incoming soon.
  • StoemKnight
    73 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Why is everyone complaining and saying they only gave 1 day notice?
    They said he was coming "soon" on August 1st.
    That's like a 14 day notice..
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I’m more miffed they’re giving people ONE day notice for this. That’s what’s the most messed up.

Yeah it was two days last time.
  • TVF wrote: »

Respectful question, only because I'm curious. How many more days would you need to be ready?

Honestly if Malak was coming back next Tuesday (the 20th) I could get enough Zeta mats and gear to make an optimal team considering with GAC and GeoTB my resources went into bugs, droids and separatists. One day notice is kind of ridiculous honestly.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    There's people that seriously thought that Malak would come back the second time after Darth Revan came back a third time? I've been ready since the second DR event finished, as I figured it'd pop up like a pop quiz shortly thereafter (lot of wasted crystals for that).

I'm usually pretty sympathetic towards players WRT surprise events, but it was released like this the first time, it's almost expected that you'd need to be ready at a moment's notice.

Edit: clarify
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Unlikely. Not enough of a paywall. Probably either a mass gear check like with malak or new toons incoming soon.

Yah I'm just speculating... I suspect there will be new clones in addition to the reworked ones and the timing is about right for this Meta to end
  • TVF wrote: »

My DR team will be ready. DR, BSF, HK, Juhtani and Carth are all G12 with their zeta’s. Minus Juntani’s.

My JKR team is my road block. I have JKR, Jolee and Bastila ready at G12+, zetas and arena mods. My issue are the last two. I have T37, mission and Zal all on the cusp of the power reqs. I’m most likely going to have to get lucky with shipment drops for gear and hopefully get mission and Zal up to snuff for the power threshold and maybe have to burn a Zeta on mission/Zal
  • kalidor wrote: »
    There's people that seriously thought that Malak would come back the second time after Darth Revan came back a third time? I've been ready since the second DR event finished, as I figured it'd pop up like a pop quiz shortly thereafter (lot of wasted crystals for that).

I'm usually pretty sympathetic towards players WRT surprise events, but it was released like this the first time, it's almost expected that you'd need to be ready at a moment's notice.

Edit: clarify

It wasn’t right that they did it that way the first time. Less than 24 hours notice is really a low blow.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Honestly if Malak was coming back next Tuesday (the 20th) I could get enough Zeta mats and gear to make an optimal team considering with GAC and GeoTB my resources went into bugs, droids and separatists. One day notice is kind of ridiculous honestly.

But you keep saying one day notice is the problem.

If you had gotten notice a week ago would it have mattered?