36 hours is too long.

It’s boring. And 36 hours is just an unnatural amount of time. Does anyone like it? Why are we suffering this still?

Replies

• Boros
    507 posts Member
    Grimstoned wrote: »
    It’s boring. And 36 hours is just an unnatural amount of time. Does anyone like it? Why are we suffering this still?

Disagree, it's perfect, gives lot of time for coordination and platoon set up
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Boros wrote: »

Disagree, it's perfect, gives lot of time for coordination and platoon set up

+1 this. I was sceptical at first but now I want them to keep it that way.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Per yesterday's thread on this exact subject, yes, there are people who like it this way.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/211636/enough-with-the-36-hour-phases#latest
  • I think the old 24h is long enough. I thought they want an active log in time per player? I got people in my old guild logging in once and that's it and people not even doing their contributing in GEOTB even with 36h to do so.
  • GunsAtFour
    364 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    There are mods to swap, study up on you tube vids, not to mention platoons. The Devs got this one right for mine. It's a very hard TB 36 hours is fair and just.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Xhowrude wrote: »
    I think the old 24h is long enough. I thought they want an active log in time per player? I got people in my old guild logging in once and that's it and people not even doing their contributing in GEOTB even with 36h to do so.

So if they had 24h instead you think they would contribute?
  • Probably not
  • I can't remember the post but, I thought the 36hr run time for Geo TB was a bug. They have just been unable to fix it yet. Don't quote me though, I can't seem to find the thread where I saw this info.
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    it is something like a bug, i think something about sincronizing with hoth bt...
  • As an officer, I really like the 36 hours. More time for people to actually participate and to coordinate our efforts, especially in a casual guild where life is more important to most members. I do feel that it can have a small negative effect on some members participation as they can get the idea that "oh, I'll just log in later and hit TB..."
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I can't remember the post but, I thought the 36hr run time for Geo TB was a bug. They have just been unable to fix it yet. Don't quote me though, I can't seem to find the thread where I saw this info.

It's not a bug per se, it's a workaround. Apparently, having two TBs (Hoth and Geo) end at different times would cause some trouble, so they increased the phase duration to avoid that.
  • I can't remember the post but, I thought the 36hr run time for Geo TB was a bug. They have just been unable to fix it yet. Don't quote me though, I can't seem to find the thread where I saw this info.

The 36 hour phases aren't a bug. They are running 36 hour phases to avoid a bug. Has something to do with scheduling TBs to end at different times. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/207446/planned-schedule-for-grand-arena-championships-exhibition-and-geonosis-territory-battle#latest
  • Ok use logic please.. if you had it 24 hours for 4 days.. we will all be sitting around for 48 hours for the final 2 days while we wait for the other Tb to be done.. come on people think before you post. Shortening it does not help anyone jt actually hurts us.
  • Ok use logic please.. if you had it 24 hours for 4 days.. we will all be sitting around for 48 hours for the final 2 days while we wait for the other Tb to be done.. come on people think before you post. Shortening it does not help anyone jt actually hurts us.

Already have two days of sitting around doing nothing. They are just in the middle of the TB. I don't like the 36 hour phases either. We only have them because the devs decided 4 phases were enough for the new TB instead of 6. Guess they couldn't think of enough ways to keep the phases interesting.
  • I would rather play the first phase twice in a row then just have a guild just sit for 36 hours. They could game it like the clones surged and pushed you back .... idk
  • love 36hrs
  • 36 hours is a godsend. As an international guild its the perfect amount of time
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I too appreciate the 36 hours
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Ok use logic please.. if you had it 24 hours for 4 days.. we will all be sitting around for 48 hours for the final 2 days while we wait for the other Tb to be done.. come on people think before you post. Shortening it does not help anyone jt actually hurts us.

Already have two days of sitting around doing nothing. They are just in the middle of the TB. I don't like the 36 hour phases either. We only have them because the devs decided 4 phases were enough for the new TB instead of 6. Guess they couldn't think of enough ways to keep the phases interesting.

The devs didn't "decied 4 phases were enough," they listened to the feedback that the first 3 phases of Hoth are useless and boring. So they cut it down to 4. But they failed to account for the static length of a TB. I'm sure it will eventually get fixed.
  • Ulrika33 wrote: »
    36 hours is a godsend. As an international guild its the perfect amount of time

Yeah, it's great for all those regions where people sleep 24 hours at a time.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited August 2019

It could be 5 days and my guild would still wait til the last 2 hours to finish their stuff! Grrrrr.

That said.... long ago I had wished that instead of a phase time limit we were just given a TB time limit.

6 days or 7 days or whatever to finish the whole thing. When you hit 3 * on everything it automatically advanced to the next phase, or your officers could manually advance to the next phase if you knew you were not capable of more stars.

Then if some go getter guild wanted to blast through the entire thing in 12 hours and have 5 days of freeeeedoooooomm, they could do such.
  • Ulrika33 wrote: »
    36 hours is a godsend. As an international guild its the perfect amount of time

Yeah, it's great for all those regions where people sleep 24 hours at a time.

Or more accurately, 8 hours sleep and 12 hour shifts, leaves only four hours in the day for family time and food. I much prefer 36 hour phases.
  • Bytestream
    421 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Totally Disagree....the 36 Hours are perfect.
  • I know I'm in the minority but I would like to have 24hr phases for Geo TB. At this point the battles are on the verge of being boring. I've been itching to hit auto on CMs. And the reality is it was initially advertised as having 24 hour phases.
  • pro-36 hour people are doing it wrong. If you can't find the time to do Geo TB in a 24 hour window, maybe you just don't have enough time in your busy life to SWGOH. Congratulations, a full life is a fulfilling life. But 24 hours is still more than enough time to do a TB phase.
    Next up, the 60 hour phase for LS Geo TB so the really really busy people can also play.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    pro-36 hour people are doing it wrong.

Not everyone plays the same way.

Can you explain how you get a benefit from a 24 hour window? What would you do with the other three days?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • pro-36 hour people are doing it wrong. If you can't find the time to do Geo TB in a 24 hour window, maybe you just don't have enough time in your busy life to SWGOH. Congratulations, a full life is a fulfilling life. But 24 hours is still more than enough time to do a TB phase.
    Next up, the 60 hour phase for LS Geo TB so the really really busy people can also play.

People making sweeping generalisations are doing it wrong.

Our guild is international. Filling platoons is difficult, and people need to sacrifice important parts of their roster to fill them. This was not an issue in HothTB but it absolutely is in GeoTB.

With 24hr phases, the same people would need to donate important toons to platoons in all 4 phases. The 36hr phases allow us to spread the burden. The Europe guys do the filling phases 1,3 and the US guys to the filling phases 2,4.

You’re forgetting that doing things “right” means doing things in a certain order. And if it’s always the same order then it’s always the same people who suffer.

Impatient people having to sit on their hands seems a completely acceptable price to pay.