Showdown at Star Forge [MEGA]

Replies

• Kailen wrote: »
    The issue is, they didn't do that. They waited. And waited. And waited. Until now, when DR is actually scheduled to come around again shortly, which I am set for as I planned to be, *NOW* they release Malak again. At this cadence, anyone who gets DR the third time is ****. Because DR won't come around until a month or two after the FORTH DR release.

So you want people who got DR on the second release to wait until after the third release because you don't want to have to wait until after the 4th release when getting DR on the third.

Sounds a bit self centered.
  • The real question is.... does this set a precedent as far as cadence goes to these mythic encounters? Or is the cadence going to be completely random for the lifetime of the event/each event of this type? I realize this is only the second time for the event, just kind of curious if the timing is planned or if they intend to make these somewhat random (to us).
  • Unlikely. Not enough of a paywall. Probably either a mass gear check like with malak or new toons incoming soon.

Yah I'm just speculating... I suspect there will be new clones in addition to the reworked ones and the timing is about right for this Meta to end

I could see clones being needed for a legendary very soon. Not sure Shak ti fits in though since she doesn't have the tag.

Then maybe you'll need the new legendary and padme at g12 to get the new malak style character. But that would be meta. Maybe a master kenobi as the legendary and a fallen anakin as the new malak?
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I’m more miffed they’re giving people ONE day notice for this. That’s what’s the most messed up.

Respectful question, only because I'm curious. How many more days would you need to be ready?

Honestly if Malak was coming back next Tuesday (the 20th) I could get enough Zeta mats and gear to make an optimal team considering with GAC and GeoTB my resources went into bugs, droids and separatists. One day notice is kind of ridiculous honestly.

But you keep saying one day notice is the problem.

If you had gotten notice a week ago would it have mattered?

Umm yeah lol. That’s kind of the point. A few extra days and I wouldn’t have spent crucial gear pieces on separatists or geoTB toons and would’ve instead used them on toons like Mission/Zal to get them up to snuff for this event...so...yes. Lol
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I’m more miffed they’re giving people ONE day notice for this. That’s what’s the most messed up.

Respectful question, only because I'm curious. How many more days would you need to be ready?

Honestly if Malak was coming back next Tuesday (the 20th) I could get enough Zeta mats and gear to make an optimal team considering with GAC and GeoTB my resources went into bugs, droids and separatists. One day notice is kind of ridiculous honestly.

Umm yeah lol. That’s kind of the point. A few extra days and I wouldn’t have spent crucial gear pieces on separatists or geoTB toons and would’ve instead used them on toons like Mission/Zal to get them up to snuff for this event...so...yes. Lol

You got notice when they told us he was coming soon two weeks ago.

They said soon on August 1st. That was a 2 week notice actually.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

And it never occurred to you that they might drop the event with approximately the same notice as we got the first time? You didn't consider maybe planning for that possibility?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Unlikely. Not enough of a paywall. Probably either a mass gear check like with malak or new toons incoming soon.

Yah I'm just speculating... I suspect there will be new clones in addition to the reworked ones and the timing is about right for this Meta to end

I could see clones being needed for a legendary very soon. Not sure Shak ti fits in though since she doesn't have the tag.

Then maybe you'll need the new legendary and padme at g12 to get the new malak style character. But that would be meta. Maybe a master kenobi as the legendary and a fallen anakin as the new malak?

I'm just out of ideas on who the legendary could be. Fallen Anakin would seem most likely from the period, but they hinted strongly that they were not going to do him. Could be the Malevolance maybe?

You had to have known he was coming eventually. The safer move would have been to get the characters ready first. Tb is important but not worth missing malak for. I'm sure your guild would understand.

Ahh... “soon”...the cryptic word CG throws around that literally has no concrete timeframe. Soon could be a couple weeks, or a couple months.

Announcing and saying “hey DM is coming tomorrow. Good luck!”, Isn’t ok.

Saying “hey DM will be returning next week, good luck!” Actually is. With all the reworks and all the content being released requiring expanded rosters, people haven’t been able to hoard gear or mats like before.

So no, one day notice is not ok and saying something is coming back “soon” isn’t any notice. Here let me try and show you.

The world will end....soon.

Your car will have mechanical issues...soon.

You’ll meet the woman of your dreams....soon.
  • Liath wrote: »

And it never occurred to you that they might drop the event with approximately the same notice as we got the first time? You didn't consider maybe planning for that possibility?

I guess I should’ve prepared for them to pull another Busch league move like they did before. Cause that went over so well before right?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

I guess I should’ve prepared for them to pull another Busch league move like they did before. Cause that went over so well before right?

Yeah, because CG has always changed the way they do things based on how well it goes over.

You had to have known he was coming eventually. The safer move would have been to get the characters ready first. Tb is important but not worth missing malak for. I'm sure your guild would understand.

Oh I did, but I figured they wouldn’t be scruffy looking nerf herders like before and actually give some reasonable announcement he’s coming back. A week would allow some proper planning. A day...not so much.

And “soon” gives absolutely no inclination as to when he’s coming.
  • Does anyone know how long the event runs? Is it till Sunday or only 24h or how long was it the first time?
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Unlikely. Not enough of a paywall. Probably either a mass gear check like with malak or new toons incoming soon.

I'm just out of ideas on who the legendary could be. Fallen Anakin would seem most likely from the period, but they hinted strongly that they were not going to do him. Could be the Malevolance maybe?

I think that is coming but likely they'll give more time to farm negotiator first. It'll likely be needed. I'm putting all my get mk 2 currency towards it.

But there will still be a regular arena meta shift too. I'd guess either fallen anakin or possibly jedi luke. Luke would be a massive gear check. Likely will need hoth han and rolo at g12

Ahh... “soon”...the cryptic word CG throws around that literally has no concrete timeframe. Soon could be a couple weeks, or a couple months.

Saying “hey DM will be returning next week, good luck!” Actually is. With all the reworks and all the content being released requiring expanded rosters, people haven’t been able to hoard gear or mats like before.

So no, one day notice is not ok and saying something is coming back “soon” isn’t any notice. Here let me try and show you.

So you chose to believe that soon does not mean soon and are now mad about it. OK then.
  • You people just cannot be pleased. They bring him back and yet you find another reason to complain. There was more than enough time to gear and prep for this. If you didn't, then kindly walk in front of a mirror and see the root cause of your problem.

But they directly stated that it was soon, as in coming in the very near future, not some far off soonTM. Add to that the fact you have had months to gear up the requirements and you have no excuse not to be ready, and an extra week of notice wouldn't really make any difference (especially since that would have been 1 week after they said soon)
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

They said soon on August 1st. That was a 2 week notice actually.

Ok, so a non-snarky soon equals two weeks. That’s good info.
  • They did say soon on August 1, AND clarified it further by saying not the snarky soon.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.

Oh I did, but I figured they wouldn’t be scruffy looking nerf herders like before and actually give some reasonable announcement he’s coming back. A week would allow some proper planning. A day...not so much.

I actually agree that a week's notice would be better. But it is still wise to be ready. I geared my carth team within a week after the first time. So a week's notice would have let me get malak last time. But I make sure I won't ne caught unprepared again. Better to have the team ready too soon. And they are good for ga and tw anyway so no sownside to justbfinishing them.
  • Liath wrote: »

Yeah, because CG has always changed the way they do things based on how well it goes over.

If they wanted to keep players happy and the game running to allow more income..
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member

If they wanted to keep players happy and the game running to allow more income..

Give it a rest. You're not ready. You could have been. The whole point of the event is that is to be difficult.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    People who got Malak the first time around got a 2 day notice with no time to gear up the required toons

This should be expected in future runs. Always have the toons prepared as soon as you missed the event
  • TrowaJedi
    55 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    If anyone is seriously complaining about 1 day notice, here is my response. I got him the first time around, if you have the characters over the power threshold, then you will complete it. If you don't have the characters over the GP requirement, what did you think was going to happen with everyone asking "Where is Malak? When is Malak coming back". He was going to be here soon. Follow the boy scout motto and "Be Prepared".

Edit: Also if you look at the first post in this discussion, they only gave 2 days notice that it was coming last time.

I actually agree that a week's notice would be better. But it is still wise to be ready. I geared my carth team within a week after the first time. So a week's notice would have let me get malak last time. But I make sure I won't ne caught unprepared again. Better to have the team ready too soon. And they are good for ga and tw anyway so no sownside to justbfinishing them.

Well that’s my whole point lol. An extra week would’ve been plenty and that’s pretty much it.
    I’ll have a team ready regardless. Mission and Zal are the moves because of their utility but will they be strong enough is the issue. Another week? I could scrounge up enough Mk6 syringes and mk5 guns to ensure they will be.

I’m not worried I’ll miss Malak. I’m just commenting on their inability to ever learn from their past downfalls and for once actually give real notice. “Soon” isn’t any kind of concrete notice. Soon is a broad term of time. Just say “hey he will be back next week. Good luck.”

That’s it really. I’ll get him somehow, but their notice on this stuff really stinks lol
  • TrowaJedi wrote: »
    If anyone is seriously complaining about 1 day notice, here is my response. I got him the first time around, if you have the characters over the power threshold, then you will complete it. If you don't have the characters over the GP requirement, what did you think was going to happen with everyone asking "Where is Malak? When is Malak coming back". He was going to be here soon. Follow the boy scout motto and "Be Prepared".

Edit: Also if you look at the first post in this discussion, they only gave 2 days notice that it was coming last time.

When I hear “be prepared” I immediately think Lion King 😆
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    People who got Malak the first time around got a 2 day notice with no time to gear up the required toons

This should be expected in future runs. Always have the toons prepared as soon as you missed the event

This. 2nd run people get months to prepare. I don't understand the complaint that the actual day wasn't revealed until one day out, when everyone knew it was coming eventually.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

This. 2nd run people get months to prepare. I don't understand the complaint that the actual day wasn't revealed until one day out, when everyone knew it was coming eventually.

I don’t understand why this is being accepted? The first time it happened was dumb as well. The community should’ve demanded far better from CG, but if that’s the status quo people are ok with then hey...far be it from me to say anything else lol
  • Why is it so crazy that people are upset about CG changing the very structure of how it rolls out legendary/journey tandem events with putting Malak mid-to-late-cycle before a DR run and failing to bring him back at all during the second run? People logically expected Malak to run concurrent with DR as he did the first time, and because people were planning to be ready with DR #3/Malak #2, it screws over anyone who was expecting Malak and DR to run concurrently. I don’t think it’s a crazy thought to assume that was what was going to happen before today.