Gear farming takes too long.

_Skystalker
288 posts Member
edited August 2019
Hello, and welcome to you new people. I have played SWGOH for many years now, and I thought I would give you this really helpful guide to gear pieces and set some of your expectations in terms of what to farm and roughly how long it will take to get what you need.

This is based on the current number of toons in game 176. The numbers here are rough estimates but I think it offers a tremendous insight into how much time your going to need to invest.

MK 5 A/KT Stun Guns Prototype - (required roughly 250 Per character) Total needed for game = 176 x 250 = 44,000
MK 3 Cabanti Sensor Array - (required roughly 300 Per character) Total needed for game = 176 x 300 = 52,800
MK 4 Zaltin Bacta Gel Salvage (required roughly 150 Per character) Total needed for game = 176 x 150 = 26,400
MK 8 Biotech Implant Prototype (required roughly 200 Per character) Total needed for game = 176 x 200 = 35,200
MK 3 Czerka Stun Cuff Salvage (required roughly 150 Per character) Total needed for game = 176 x 150 = 26,400

Average optimal Daily farm rate at level 85 (generously estimated) given you farm and play all available game modes.

MK 5 A/KT Stun Guns Prototype - 10 per day - 12 YEARS to acquire all you need
MK 3 Cabanti Sensor Array - 5 Per day - 24 YEARS to acquire all you need
MK 4 Zaltin Bacta Gel Salvage - 10 per day - 12 YEARS to acquire all you need
MK 8 Biotech Implant Prototype - 5 per day - 24 YEARS to acquire all you need
MK 3 Czerka Stun Cuff Salvage - 5 per day - 24 YEARS to acquire all you need

Obviously there are loads more gear pieces you need, I have not even touched on G13 yet and there are lots more that you will need before you even get to gear 8 and start needing the above! I am just giving you guys some stats on the most needed one’s so not to scare you. Also you don’t need to gear up all 176 toons. You only really need 145 odd. The other 30 are pretty useless so that should help the years fly past!

You can obviously buy these of course if you don’t have decades to spare. You can buy 50 of any of these for roughly £15 So for example MK 5 A/KT Stun Guns Prototype – COST would be £13,200 for all you need.

Total cost roughly to buy all of the above - £50,000, approx. - so much much less then most mortgages.

Happy gaming.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• If anyone thinks i have over estimated. Just half it, as rough guide. Glad i could help
  • im not sure i get the point. Obviously no one will ever get every character maxed out. The point of the game is to choose the characters you want and build them up and then use your roster to battle some other persons roster who made different choices
  • I have to agree with sl84t, there's a slew of characters that you're not going to mess with. I've been playing this game for 3.5 years and have stayed relevant. It helps to be in a good guild. OP didn't even mention ships, those are another grind. Just work on your roster the way you want to, it's a game with no overall win condition, enjoy it.. or don't.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Not helpful at all and just misleading. This does not account for other sources of gear. Credit Shipments, Shard Store, Events, GA, Raids, TB, TW, Challenges (Carbanti), etc.
  • xxblazorxx
    7 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Just another 1 year newb

Do you place 1st in anything?

I do after 2 years.. I have better advice..

Ftp.. after like $300 spent.. year 1..
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Uriakatos
    176 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    This is in the new players section and yet everyone is still finding ways to be rude about it.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Uriakatos wrote: »
    This is in the new players section and yet everyone is still finding ways to be an **** about it.

Op posted an insanely wrong “guide” so I’m ok with it
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    This is in the new players section and yet everyone is still finding ways to be an **** about it.

Because it pretends to be advice to new players while not actually including any useful advice and is in reality just another complaint thread founded on the ridiculous notion that you are supposed to be able to fully gear every single character in the game.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    @Kyno @Fauztin your thoughts?

My opinion is that this is misleading for new players.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    It’s... speculative, at best. Not correct or incorrect. It’s an opinion, to which he is entitled, and is sharing his views on gear farming strategies. It’s not truly misleading, but you won’t see me putting a sticky tag on it to make it the most prevelant source of information for new players.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    It's satirical.... can y'all not see that?
  • ITT: watch a bunch of whales white-knighting a mobile game. Nom nom nom
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    Kyno Fauztin your thoughts?

My opinion is that this is misleading for new players.

Everyone has an opinion.
    Easybee wrote: »
    ITT: watch a bunch of whales white-knighting a mobile game. Nom nom nom

Considering the OP doesnt site any of the additional sources for any of that gear, I'm not sure how this is an accurate assessment of the "need", but maybe you can explain.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    @Kyno agreed that eveyone has an opinion. Glad to see you agreed with mine. Thanks for moving this.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited August 2019
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    It's satirical.... can y'all not see that?

Our survey says.....DING 200 points ;)
  • Liath wrote: »

Because it pretends to be advice to new players while not actually including any useful advice and is in reality just another complaint thread founded on the ridiculous notion that you are supposed to be able to fully gear every single character in the game.

While its not 100% accurate for everyone i think it gives new people (1 year and under) some insight into what to look forward too. The games drop rate is TRASH... Lets see, started playing when i started working for the government in feb of 2018. Didn't get to level 85 till mid 2019, and got my first toon to 85 about 2 months after that. Started playing this game because im a huge fan of revan and literally just unlocked him 2 wks ago. Gear level is around 6, didn't take very long to get to 6 but my reg anakin is at gear lv 9 and i been working on him since i started... I didn't start spending cash till i got tired of farming for jkr and spent WAY too much on crystals and got ripped from the trashy dropped rate... Really? 400 energy and 1000 crystals later for 10-15 toon shards? Even when you buy the packs its like they know what not to give you... Buying resources is garbage because I've never made it past the mid point of what it says you can get. Face it, this games pay to win and its not even good at it... Took me 2 years to find a guild that was more interested in my activity then my gp... Now i might get gk and dt within 6 months and i am finally getting decent (but not what i need) gear... I don't even know what a relic is, some sort of Italian dish or something? Will it take anther 3 years before i get to taste that gourmet dish that only the Supreme are aloud to have? Anyways if we are so wrong then tell us how we are suppose to farm gear the right way.
  • If it took you more than a year to get to level 85...

I’ll finish this in 16 months.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    my alt has relic chars and could have many more/higher relics and it's been just over a year iirc. L85 is a months thing, not a years thing. just wow
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • EA_Joz
    4056 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127295/forum-guidelines

~EA_Joz53loda5n63ge.png
This discussion has been closed.