Darth Malak but no DR?

Prev1
Hadesbe
2 posts Member
edited August 2019
I’ve been farming all these toons and geared them all up to g12 for this malak event. I don’t have DR yet.. why is Dr not launched with Malak. They both said ”coming soon” and i think it’s just stupid i rushed gearing. Now i have to wait another 125+ days. Im quitting probably in that case

Replies

• yeah im in same boat been farming non stop for both events only thing i need for Male is Darth Revan they drop jtr bb8 before or during they drop cls but r2 before or during and these are old. im so upset with this. I been playing for 3 years now and this makes me want to quit.
  • Agree. But this is worse. This event has the longest cooldown it seems. Im praying they’ll launch it again once DR comes back around.. 😭
  • I feel your pain. However probably opened yourself up to loads of negative comments. You should of farmed quicker and got darth revan last time blah blah blah.

Congratulations on the tough part which is gearing them to g12 or 17,500 power. Hang in there and watch this space. You never know, it could be added yet. After all guys fringing the event may be tempted to buy some gear or crystals and that'll make cg some money.
  • Agreed. The arbitrary timing of these events is pretty stupid. Now that the initial launch has been completed these events should all run simultaneously. Its stupid to make people have to wait just because they are off schedule while others get to skate ahead only because their farming worked out in their favor. Gearing the 2 squads necessary for the event was bad enough. Being penalized for not doing it within a certain timeframe is adding insult to injury and either a huge oversight by the developers or just a blatant disregard for the players time and effort.
  • I’m struggling to see how anyone who has been farming “non stop” didn’t get Darth Revan second time round.

And I don’t think it’s stupid to make people who weren’t ready wait whilst those that were ready get to “skate ahead”. Why reward those that don’t work as hard?
  • Waiting is one thing. Being locked out of obtaining a character for 4 months that you are 100% geared up for now is an entirely different story.
  • If you can’t play the event, you aren’t 100% geared up for it, no?
  • j0nny
    21 posts Member
    I’m struggling to see how anyone who has been farming “non stop” didn’t get Darth Revan second time round.

And I don’t think it’s stupid to make people who weren’t ready wait whilst those that were ready get to “skate ahead”. Why reward those that don’t work as hard?

he doesn't state when he began his non stop farm. I chose to do another project before the OR farm. Starting after D Revan 2.0, I finished my carth a few days ago (he was slowest).
    Now I'm not complaining I chose something else over D Revan and my "punishment" is no D Revan or Malak for longer. I am, however, surprised CG didn't see this as an opportunity to squeeze some revenue out of us. At the moment I probably need another 2k of GP on 2 characters and if RNG had been nastier or I'd put less focus on the farm I could be a few shards short.

I'll take this as an opportunity to not need to spend , and I'll also start saving my GET tokens so I can 7* Malak instead of having a 5*
  • @DarjeloSalas You know what i mean, but sure go on playing like you dont know. My squads are ready for both events if they were released in the order needed. Neither event would be much of a challenge at this point and yet its not even an option. If they wanted to make money off of me they could easily sell me on a token for loading up a drevan event now. But even thats not an option.
  • They were released in the order needed? DR event 2 happened before Malak 2?

I had assumed that everyone who missed DR the 2nd time around would have expected the consequences that they were going to miss Malak the 2nd time around.

And, as someone currently ready for Malak, I can assure you the LS Malak event is absolutely a challenge!
  • @DarjeloSalas there have been 4 jkr events and only 2 drevan and now 2 malak events. If drevan was being released at the pace of the jkr events you wouldnt be reading a single word from me complaining. But thats not the case. And yes, i assumed they would be dumb enough to release 2 jkr events since the last malak event but only 1 drevan event...doesnt mean its not still annoying.
  • j0nny wrote: »
    I’m struggling to see how anyone who has been farming “non stop” didn’t get Darth Revan second time round.

he doesn't state when he began his non stop farm. I chose to do another project before the OR farm. Starting after D Revan 2.0, I finished my carth a few days ago (he was slowest).
    Now I'm not complaining I chose something else over D Revan and my "punishment" is no D Revan or Malak for longer. I am, however, surprised CG didn't see this as an opportunity to squeeze some revenue out of us. At the moment I probably need another 2k of GP on 2 characters and if RNG had been nastier or I'd put less focus on the farm I could be a few shards short.

I'll take this as an opportunity to not need to spend , and I'll also start saving my GET tokens so I can 7* Malak instead of having a 5*
    There is probably an ignorable amount of revenue to be squeezed from players that didn't unlock DR on the second run.
    On the other hand, those who invested into unlocking DR and Malak the first time, or just barely missed it, now see how much of an advantage it brings you to have the toon unlocked the first time and likely a considerable number of them won't mind spending for the next meta.
  • First of all, i'm in the same boat, would be ready (i guess) to get DR, but of course not for Malak.
    in My opinion Malak's appearance before DR is done intentionally, so that no one not already having DR gets a shot on Malak, which avoids a to huge "Malak-Flood" which still is meta, this still gives to the whales a advantage. Then. until the "new" Malaks are maxed, a new meta will come, to give again a significant advantage to the paying whales, and so on :-)
    So don't get mad about it, and lastly, not CG or anyone else ever said that DR will appear before Malak, of course the player base would have wanted it, but from a business perspective it wouldn't make sense.

It's all about money >:)
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • wilhud wrote: »
    @DarjeloSalas there have been 4 jkr events and only 2 drevan and now 2 malak events. If drevan was being released at the pace of the jkr events you wouldnt be reading a single word from me complaining. But thats not the case. And yes, i assumed they would be dumb enough to release 2 jkr events since the last malak event but only 1 drevan event...doesnt mean its not still annoying.
    JKR was introduced like 6 months earlier and there were two events before the very first DR. DR is returning exactly at the pace of JKR events so I'm not sure what point are you trying to make.
  • I would be incredibly frustrated if I didn't have Darth Revan, truth is Revan did come back very soon, however anyone who farmed OR non stop should be able to do it and I think that even though Revan came back sooner than expected we got a decent notice time and given the nature of the farms (fleet for Carth/ hard node for Juhani) you knew these can take up to 5-6 months with just 5 attempts so you should be doing it non stop from the get go.

I think CG realized this was the only way to keep Malak still exclusive to those who farmed non stop, why is there an almost 2 month delay between them? Well because CG knows exactly how fast we're all able to achieve those 17500 thresholds. They know alot more than we think when it comes to progression. And let's be real here, we should all know by now that only safe way to play so that you don't miss second times is to farm non stop, they brought Rey back too soon, they brought Revan back too soon, I think we all know by now that they tend to do this "too soon" thing to catch people off guard.
  • Skywalker_Vader1
    336 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I am in the same situation as the poster. Sucks. Have to wait another 4 plus months now? Makes me want to just quit trying. Always one step behind in this game
  • Patience. He'll come back eventually and we'll be ready. Arena is the most boring part of the game anyway. And the rest of the game is perfectly playable without him.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    @Hadesbe moved to Malak Event subforum
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Not sure why ppl are saying it was in the proper order. Heres the order of events based on swgoh events website...

8/14/19 malak
    7/11/19 Jkr
    6/13/19 drevan
    4/27/19 Jkr
    4/12/19 malak
    3/25/19 drevan
    1/31/19 Jkr
    10/18/18 jkr

One drevan event and two jkr events since the last malak. So in order to keep on an even rotation they either missed a malak event in late june/early july or they shouldve had a drevan event prior to this event. But hey, im complaining just to complain and shouldve well known that malak was going to come before drevan this time and need to just bite my tongue, lol.
    Not sure why ppl are saying it was in the proper order. Heres the order of events based on swgoh events website...

8/14/19 malak
    7/11/19 Jkr
    6/13/19 drevan
    4/27/19 Jkr
    4/12/19 malak
    3/25/19 drevan
    1/31/19 Jkr
    10/18/18 jkr

One drevan event and two jkr events since the last malak. So in order to keep on an even rotation they either missed a malak event in late june/early july or they shouldve had a drevan event prior to this event. But hey, im complaining just to complain and shouldve well known that malak was going to come before drevan this time and need to just bite my tongue, lol.

Why is JKR even included in anyone's thinking at this point...

8/14/19 malak
    6/13/19 drevan
    4/12/19 malak
    3/25/19 drevan

Fixed the order to help with everyone's apparent ocd.
  • Yeah, why include half of what's needed to obtain malak in the schedule of malak related events?
    Not sure why ppl are saying it was in the proper order. Heres the order of events based on swgoh events website...

8/14/19 malak
    7/11/19 Jkr
    6/13/19 drevan
    4/27/19 Jkr
    4/12/19 malak
    3/25/19 drevan
    1/31/19 Jkr
    10/18/18 jkr

The number of times JKR returned shouldn't have any bearing on when Malak came back since he was released 6 months earlier, but your timeline actually proves the opposite point.

JKR event ran twice, Drevan once, then Malak
    Then again JKR event ran twice, Drevan once, now Malak

i see no missed events in that pattern
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Pjfp
    34 posts Member
    Hadesbe wrote: »
    I’ve been farming all these toons and geared them all up to g12 for this malak event. I don’t have DR yet.. why is Dr not launched with Malak. They both said ”coming soon” and i think it’s just stupid i rushed gearing. Now i have to wait another 125+ days. Im quitting probably in that case

Because he already came like a Month ago?
  • Malak returning before DR is a good thing. Those who put in the effort to get DR the second time he appeared should be rewarded for it.
  • Lol