General Bastila on the Bench title

Prev1
Is there any chance that there will be a general title for people who do the malak event without bastila this time or in later malak events? Something like how there is a portrait for the first guild to get 33* in GeoTB and there is another portrait for guilds who get 33* but aren’t the first.

Replies

• Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    That’s a bit of a specific criteria to request a portrait for. Also, one that I would find to be incredibly impressive if you’re able to beat the Malak event without Bastilla.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • @Fauztin but someone did. Hence why the title exists. For the only player to do so.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Well I’ll be darned, so there is. So... it already exists - then what’s the suggestion/request? A portrait to go with it?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Fauztin wrote: »
    Well I’ll be darned, so there is. So... it already exists - then what’s the suggestion/request? A portrait to go with it?

I think he's asking if subsequent players will also be awarded, or just the original.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    It doesn’t seem to reference any exclusivity for as a First Timer type of title. I would assume it’s obtainable for anyone at this point, until proven otherwise.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Fauztin wrote: »
    It doesn’t seem to reference any exclusivity for as a First Timer type of title. I would assume it’s obtainable for anyone at this point, until proven otherwise.

They stated it was one time only special reward. Only one person in the entire game did it.
  • I just did that but got no title. As far as this title was implemented after the first event ended I thought it's obtainable.smgqj1tra1xd.png
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    @NeoDart_ID , I’ll run this up the chain to get confirmation. Seems like it should be able to be obtained now, not just as a one-time thing for one person ever. Feels like that might screw with some OCD.
  • The same would be for first guild that reaches 33*, no other guild would be able to obtain that title ever. Also if you click on the title it says: 'No show for bastila at the first Star Forge Showdown'. To me it looks like this will remain a unique title since every next malak event wont be the 'First'.
  • No reward for beat Malak event second time?
  • @CG_SBCrumb said that the title was created for the one guy that did the event without her. It’s his alone. No one else will receive it.
  • @CG_SBCrumb said that the title was created for the one guy that did the event without her. It’s his alone. No one else will receive it.
    Yes, it was initially created for that guy but it wasn't mentioned that it's unobtainable anymore. It would be very good if we can see somewhere in the description of a title (inside the game) that it can't be obtained anymore.

• Lio
    1003 posts Member
    NeoDart_ID wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb said that the title was created for the one guy that did the event without her. It’s his alone. No one else will receive it.
    Yes, it was initially created for that guy but it wasn't mentioned that it's unobtainable anymore. It would be very good if we can see somewhere in the description of a title (inside the game) that it can't be obtained anymore.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/205521/content-update-6-4-2019#latest

"Bastila on the Bench title has been added for the very special player who beat the Light Side Star Forge Showdown without Bastila Shan"

Not an in-game message, but still a clear indication that only one special player would get the title
  • IronRanger
    202 posts Member
    edited August 2019

I was trying to get this title also and disagree with the thinking that the wording is clear that it won't be given out to anyone on subsequent event returns. I re-read that posting and it's ambiguous to me if other people can get it now on the return.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    IronRanger wrote: »
    I was trying to get this title also and disagree with the thinking that the wording is clear that it won't be given out to anyone on subsequent event returns. I re-read that posting and it's ambiguous to me if other people can get it now on the return.

"...for THE VERY SPECIAL PLAYER who beat...." ---- that's ambiguous to you?
  • I like it. Someone did something special and unique and got “rewarded” for it with a unique title (ie. bragging rights).

It seemed pretty clear at the time that the title wa so tended as a 1-time thing for that player only.
  • This was a one time title for that madman genius who beat it the first time around without Bastila. He alone will have that honor! It makes the event even more difficult and I would seriously not recommend trying it for more than a few times. Seriously.
  • I got it to work. You dont get the title *cry
  • niko4
    41 posts Member
    While it's fine that someone got something unique, it seems strange that this title would be sitting on my game and everyone else's game and be simply unobtainable/locked forever. . . How are we suppose to feel driven to collect/complete all portraits and titles if we cannot?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    New Title and Portraits:
    Players asked for a better way to show off their accomplishments in Championships and now you will have a limited time opportunity to earn special portraits and titles. These rewards may rotate between Championships and some may only be available once!

Titles / portraits are going to be one time for some. It’s better this way since the rarer the title, the more special it is
  • Solus_Imperius
    232 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Unlikely given we now have g13 which can make this easier.
    Should stay as it is for the crazy **** that got it the first time
    One title, nothing else
    Post edited by Solus_Imperius on
  • Wow seriously only the one dude gets it? That sucks
  • With power creep someday jkr will solo malak event. First time only makes sense.
  • Giving other people the same or similar title would defeat the purpose of the original title. It's ok...everyone doesn't need to get something just because another person got something.....you'll live.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Crumb when am I getting a Sword of the Jedi title just for me
  • If you want a unique title. Try beating it without revan (either light or dark) I doubt many will do that.

I don't have juhani or t3 high enough so not sure if it'll actually let you attempt it that way.
  • If you want a unique title. Try beating it without revan (either light or dark) I doubt many will do that.

I don't have juhani or t3 high enough so not sure if it'll actually let you attempt it that way.

Revan is required in both, so no you can't attempt it without him.
  • Bummer