Help with Malak Light Side

Prev13
So I beat the Dark Side part easily, but now I'm struggling with the Light.

I have G12, triple zetad Revan
G12 zetad Mission
G12 zetad Bastilla
G11 zetad Jolee
G11 zetad Zaalbar

I manage to kill all the captured Jedi, and keep his Dark Rage counter around 13-15, but as soon as I kill the last Jedi he starts doing 1 shot kills even though he hasn't hit 30 Dark Rage counters. And to clarify, I am the one killing the Jedi, he isn't absorbing them. Advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• I noticed too that Malak enrages at 15-20 stacks...
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    You actually don't want to kill all the captured jedi. You want to let Malak kill the Tenacity and Crit Immunity ones so that your dudes don't get fear everytime they attack him. You also want to get about 5 stacks of armor shred on him before you go to town.

Also he doesn't enrage after you kill the last jedi but he does start using Drain Life which will 1 shot anyone without protection since it deals 100% of your heath as damage.
  • I used the strategy ahnaldt101 described in his video, I actually was the one to kill the tenacity Jedi but he got crit immunity one. He had about 6 stacks. It was then beat the living crap out of him race. Well timed assists/etc allowed me to keep him under 50% health and finally after about 15-20 attempts, I beat it. And I had a much less team than you (no zaal zeta, mission was g11). Had 4 stacks of armor shred, and was at like 24 stacks when I killed him, so I had wiggle room
  • The event is silly easy. I was expecting it to be hard, I got it on the second try for the light side because I actually didn't mod my team the first time, and the first attempt on the dark side. I even made a few "mistakes" according to the guides but I still managed to do it very easily. Sure the g13 on Darth Revan and Bastila helped a bit for the dark side but I still found the event to be extremely easy. The whales definitely overhyped the event to justify how broken Malak is.
  • The event is silly easy. I was expecting it to be hard, I got it on the second try for the light side because I actually didn't mod my team the first time, and the first attempt on the dark side. I even made a few "mistakes" according to the guides but I still managed to do it very easily. Sure the g13 on Darth Revan and Bastila helped a bit for the dark side but I still found the event to be extremely easy. The whales definitely overhyped the event to justify how broken Malak is.

If it's "silly easy" please feel free to offer the OP any insight you have. It's a thread requesting help.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    @DarthVeritlyn , moved to Events: Malak
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    The event is silly easy. I was expecting it to be hard, I got it on the second try for the light side because I actually didn't mod my team the first time, and the first attempt on the dark side. I even made a few "mistakes" according to the guides but I still managed to do it very easily. Sure the g13 on Darth Revan and Bastila helped a bit for the dark side but I still found the event to be extremely easy. The whales definitely overhyped the event to justify how broken Malak is.

I respectfully disagree

If the event was 'silly easy', you would have completed it on auto the first time. If it was easy, you wouldn't have needed a second attempt. Your own story proved that it is not easy, but I am sure that OP would love some advice from someone who beat the event
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Thanks everyone for your help, I appreciate it
  • thedrjojo wrote: »
    I used the strategy ahnaldt101 described in his video, I actually was the one to kill the tenacity Jedi but he got crit immunity one. He had about 6 stacks. It was then beat the living crap out of him race. Well timed assists/etc allowed me to keep him under 50% health and finally after about 15-20 attempts, I beat it. And I had a much less team than you (no zaal zeta, mission was g11). Had 4 stacks of armor shred, and was at like 24 stacks when I killed him, so I had wiggle room

Can you share a link to that video please? I can make it to the part where I gotta burn Malak and then it goes down hill. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or just bad RNG.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    @DarthVeritlyn this reddit post can be really helpful and contains a detailed strategy that helped many people last time the event came round: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bdcdf9/step_by_step_instructions_for_darth_malak/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

This works great...had to add speed to zaalbar and moved my gmy set to Mission (best offense). Thank you, Mate

8m19xwd8n4zq.jpg
  • Naver666 wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    @DarthVeritlyn this reddit post can be really helpful and contains a detailed strategy that helped many people last time the event came round: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bdcdf9/step_by_step_instructions_for_darth_malak/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

This works great...had to add speed to zaalbar and moved my gmy set to Mission (best offense). Thank you, Mate

8m19xwd8n4zq.jpg

No problem, can't take credit for the guide's construction, but it's good.
  • Congrats to those who have unlocked Malak today!! I made it after several tries... Was a tough battle.
  • Yup, tried a few times with no good results. Watched Ahnald's video then remodded JKR and Big Z, then followed his strategy to victory.
    • Stacked offense on JKR (used my GMY mods)
    • Stacked speed on Zaalbar (used my JKR mods)
    • Use Zaalbar Armor Shred on Malak when available, goal is 4+ stacks
    • Kill droids immediately and whenever they reappear, use/call Bastila to ability block droids
    • Try to ignore Malak, use Bastila to remove Taunt when able
    • Destroy left side stasis fields to prevent Malak from gaining those buffs
    • Allow Malak to drain right side Crit Immunity stasis field (tenacity too I guess)
    • Use Jolee to heal Big Z
    • When all stasis fields are gone and Malak <50% health, beat him mercilessly.
  • Yup, tried a few times with no good results. Watched Ahnald's video then remodded JKR and Big Z, then followed his strategy to victory.
    • Kill droids immediately and whenever they reappear, use/call Bastila to ability block droids
    • Allow Malak to drain right side Crit Immunity stasis field (tenacity too I guess)

Good summation. That is what helped me get mine. Congrats.

If the event was 'silly easy', you would have completed it on auto the first time. If it was easy, you wouldn't have needed a second attempt. Your own story proved that it is not easy, but I am sure that OP would love some advice from someone who beat the event

So because my Revan, Jolee and Zalbar had 0 mods on them and i gave up on the run it makes it hard then? Get a grip son, the event is stupid easy, there is no serious damage coming at you as long and you can keep the stacks low. The event is so easy because unlike events like Padme, the mobs are not hitting like a truck and you have no damage threat, you just need to follow a couple of simple principles and understand how the mechanics work and you can run over it easy. BTW I only got like 3 armor shreds and still beat it, didn't even need a 4th
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Sounds like someone didn't get malak but is pretending to......
  • Kokie wrote: »

Lmao

• Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Kokie wrote: »

More likely he just overgears it with god mods.

Also using a guide then claiming something is easy in a turn based game is the equivalent of claiming a puzzle was easy to solve after looking up the solution.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    Yup, tried a few times with no good results. Watched Ahnald's video then remodded JKR and Big Z, then followed his strategy to victory.

This ^^^ perfect summary and advice..

Only difference is I went to 6 shred stacks and by the time I killed malak I was on 8...
  • The event is so easy i barely followed the strat and still won

Just stop it. People are asking for advice. You don't need to turn every advice thread into a "look at me thread".
  • FolsomTony wrote: »
    The event is so easy i barely followed the strat and still won

Just stop it. People are asking for advice. You don't need to turn every advice thread into a "look at me thread".

There's already plenty of advice and more videos than any other event, the event is too easy to the point where if you're having a hard time it means you didn't bother looking at any of the videos. If you don't like my comments then read on.

And btw, the event is too easy

The event is so easy you got 1 star and 2 stars...
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q

The event is so easy you got 1 star and 2 stars...

Well that's just how the event goes lol, it has nothing to do with how hard or easy it is
  • I note, with interest, that @BaldingHead90 provides absolutely zero advice other than his blustering about how easy the event is.

That’s exactly what I would do if I was a forum blowhard.

I would also post a screenshot that is unverifiable anything to do with my account.

I absolutely would not post my .gg details for proof of my amazingness.
  • I unlocked Malak too, by the way... dvfz4wdkmsu7.jpeg
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I unlocked Malak too, by the way... dvfz4wdkmsu7.jpeg

Wait.....isn't that......no......can't be.....a random unverifiable screenshot can it?