What am I doing wrong?

Prev1
So the light side Malak event, I'm getting 4 stacks of armor shreds, keeping his buff stack to 12-15 and killing the Jedi. I have full g12 zeta and pretty good mods on my team, yet he spams his drain and heals after every attack. Some of my toons have some g12+ pieces and I still can't seem to out damage his health steal.

Replies

• How can you have a hard time with such an easy event? I have no Zetas on Zalbar or mission and it was still so easy, maybe check your mods
  • How can you have a hard time with such an easy event? I have no Zetas on Zalbar or mission and it was still so easy, maybe check your mods

Thanks for the help.

But anyway, I’m in the same boat as the OP. Last run I had him at 2 rage stacks when i finished off the pods. 4 armor shreds. Even had 1 armor shred each on the droids. Still lost because of his drain. He takes 2 turns to my 1. I keep reading that speed doesn’t matter but how can it not when he gains rage stacks faster than I can attack him?
  • KausDebonair
    1293 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Here’s my profile if anybody wants to check it out, and maybe actually give any tips or help.

https://swgoh.gg/p/612746986/
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    How can you have a hard time with such an easy event? I have no Zetas on Zalbar or mission and it was still so easy, maybe check your mods

Why are you so rude to people who are struggling with something just because you didn't struggle with it?
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    You only need to kill two Jedi Prisioners. You need to let Darth Malak kill the other two so that he will gain the tenacity up and critical immunity buffs (after you aplied the armor shred debuffs). That way he won't be able to inflict Fear on anyone in your team.
    After that also remember to use Revan's special to increase Malak cooldowns and to use bastila's special on Zalbaar since he will call mission to attack too.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    ssj4tim wrote: »
    So the light side Malak event, I'm getting 4 stacks of armor shreds, keeping his buff stack to 12-15 and killing the Jedi. I have full g12 zeta and pretty good mods on my team, yet he spams his drain and heals after every attack. Some of my toons have some g12+ pieces and I still can't seem to out damage his health steal.

In addition to what other people have said you need to keep in mind that everytime he goes below 50% he will reset his cooldown on Drain Life. So you need to knock him below 50% and keep him there. So save your cooldowns until he is almost at 50% then pop them all to knock him low enough that his drain life won't put him above 50%.
  • ssj4tim wrote: »

In addition to what other people have said you need to keep in mind that everytime he goes below 50% he will reset his cooldown on Drain Life. So you need to knock him below 50% and keep him there. So save your cooldowns until he is almost at 50% then pop them all to knock him low enough that his drain life won't put him above 50%.

The issue km having with his drain life is that I’ll get him below 50%, then he’ll use drain life. He’ll still be below 50%, but take another immediate turn and use his annihilate-looking attack and pop him back up above 50%. So I don’t even have a chance of keeping him below 50%.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    ssj4tim wrote: »

The issue km having with his drain life is that I’ll get him below 50%, then he’ll use drain life. He’ll still be below 50%, but take another immediate turn and use his annihilate-looking attack and pop him back up above 50%. So I don’t even have a chance of keeping him below 50%.

Are you letting him get Crit Immunity and Tenacity buff to prevent your guys getting feared? He shouldn't get a bonus turn when he drops below 50% because he only gets that once and would have already gotten it when you got him below 50% so he would kill the Crit Immunity and Tenancity jedi.
  • I use Jedi Revan's Direct Focus when Malak is close to half life to control his cooldowns and turn meter.
  • Liath wrote: »
    How can you have a hard time with such an easy event? I have no Zetas on Zalbar or mission and it was still so easy, maybe check your mods

Why are you so rude to people who are struggling with something just because you didn't struggle with it?
    He’s sticking to his own guide, point 6, in this thread...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/211778/best-way-to-get-any-piece-of-gear#latest
  • ssj4tim wrote: »

Are you letting him get Crit Immunity and Tenacity buff to prevent your guys getting feared? He shouldn't get a bonus turn when he drops below 50% because he only gets that once and would have already gotten it when you got him below 50% so he would kill the Crit Immunity and Tenancity jedi.

He gets the bonus turn every time he drops below 50%, which makes it very hard.(I killed two left buffs and let him eat two right ones).

What's the definition of rude? Because I didn't think I was being that, I was just amazed by how people can struggle with such an easy event, genuinely.
    Liath wrote: »

He’s sticking to his own guide, point 6, in this thread...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/211778/best-way-to-get-any-piece-of-gear#latest

When did I act like a big shot?

Because he is a troll. He never has anything positive to say ever.

I'm pretty sure I've said alot of nice things, like I said to him above, I'm not being rude, I'm just genuinely surprised at how people can struggle with this super easy event.
  • When did you act like a big shot? Are you serious?!

• When did I act like a big shot?
    The event is silly easy. I was expecting it to be hard, I got it on the second try for the light side because I actually didn't mod my team the first time, and the first attempt on the dark side. I even made a few "mistakes" according to the guides but I still managed to do it very easily. Sure the g13 on Darth Revan and Bastila helped a bit for the dark side but I still found the event to be extremely easy. The whales definitely overhyped the event to justify how broken Malak is.

Get a grip son, the event is stupid easy, there is no serious damage coming at you as long and you can keep the stacks low. The event is so easy because unlike events like Padme, the mobs are not hitting like a truck and you have no damage threat, you just need to follow a couple of simple principles and understand how the mechanics work and you can run over it easy. BTW I only got like 3 armor shreds and still beat it, didn't even need a 4th

The event is so easy i barely followed the strat and still won

And btw, the event is too easy

Those are the most recent examples of you acting like a big shot
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member

He did struggle with it....1 star on the light side and only 2 on the dark.....
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

What's the definition of rude? Because I didn't think I was being that, I was just amazed by how people can struggle with such an easy event, genuinely.

In this context, rude is responding to somebody who is struggling with something with "lolz how could you have a hard time it's so ez." The fact that you don't even recognize why this would be rude is very telling. I have known a lot of people like that and try my best not to associate with them.
  • Well, new problem. Malak had 5 rage stacks. 3 of armor shred. Took the tenacity and crit immunity buffs. I was attacking him, with basics, and he drained Z and killed him. Didn’t even get to 50%. He was about 75% when he did it.
  • Kokie wrote: »

That's not even the case and you know it, I lost a couple of units because I was too lazy to keep killing the droids and I went straight for the kill, this proves nothing, my Jedi didn't even come close to dying because of the protection recovery. If you think this proves I struggled it just shows how clueless you are about the game. I didn't even need saviour.

In this context, rude is responding to somebody who is struggling with something with "lolz how could you have a hard time it's so ez." The fact that you don't even recognize why this would be rude is very telling. I have known a lot of people like that and try my best not to associate with them.

Agreed. His responses are belittling those that are finding a challenging event difficult. And it IS challenging.

In fact, I challenge him to complete the LS event right now, first time, with the same mods etc as when he completed it first time.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    It's unhelpful, unconstructive, and serves no purpose other than making other people feel bad while inflating your own ego.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »

That's not even the case and you know it, I lost a couple of units because I was too lazy to keep killing the droids and I went straight for the kill, this proves nothing, my Jedi didn't even come close to dying because of the protection recovery. If you think this proves I struggled it just shows how clueless you are about the game. I didn't even need saviour.

Hmmmm.....seems I hit a sore spot. My apologies but for an event so super easy I would have thought you would not have lost protection let alone 3 toons
  • KausDebonair
    1293 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Did the same thing again to Mission. Clearly above 50% life. And I i figured out he’s not taking a bonus turn when he’s below 50%. Here’s the order of operations:

1) Malak hits 50%. Drains Z, kills him.
    2) Basic from Bastila.
    3) Droid attacks.
    4) Malak annihilates Revan. Full health.

I had no time to keep him down.
  • Did the same thing again to Mission. Clearly above 50% life. And I i figured out he’s not taking a bonus turn when he’s below 50%. Here’s the order of operations:

2) Basic from Bastila.
    3) Droid attacks.

It sounds like you didn't give him the crit immunity buff and your guys are getting feared. Otherwise he shouldn't be taking two turns before your revan even gets to attack.
  • Did the same thing again to Mission. Clearly above 50% life. And I i figured out he’s not taking a bonus turn when he’s below 50%. Here’s the order of operations:

2) Basic from Bastila.
    3) Droid attacks.

It sounds like you didn't give him the crit immunity buff and your guys are getting feared. Otherwise he shouldn't be taking two turns before your revan even gets to attack.

Nope. I am 1000% positive he had crit immunity and tenacity.
  • fw1p22p6vdin.png

What am I supposed to do I this situation? It’s not even 1 full round in.
  • BaldingHead90
    966 posts Member
    edited August 2019

Hmmmm.....seems I hit a sore spot. My apologies but for an event so super easy I would have thought you would not have lost protection let alone 3 toons

ok dude, idk how long you've played but stars stopped being an indicator of difficulty a long time ago, you didn't hit any sore spots, the event is just made in such fashion that you can rush it in the end and lose a couple units in the process, nothing to see here, you're actually clueless about the game if you think stars show anything
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Dude, go away Baldy. People actually want help in here and you’re actively working against that.
  • fw1p22p6vdin.png

I don't understand what is wrong with that situation?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member

Lmao, ok dude, idk how long you've played but stars stopped being an indicator of difficulty a long time ago, you didn't hit any sore spots, the event is just made in such fashion that you can rush it in the end and lose a couple units in the process, nothing to see here, you're actually clueless about the game if you think stars show anything

Well I know for a fact 25 stars in GeoTB count for a lot more than 3 stars so dont be rude to stars and tell them they dont count. But more to the point I guess you can prove me wrong by going back in and getting that 3rd star to end all debate. It's so easy after all. BTW here's my malak....where's yours?
    14pi8ko10tmf.jpg
  • fw1p22p6vdin.png

I don't understand what is wrong with that situation?

Malak is taunting which is going to cause Bastila to get fear.