What am I doing wrong?

2Next

Replies

• fw1p22p6vdin.png

What am I supposed to do I this situation? It’s not even 1 full round in.

I don't understand what is wrong with that situation?

Malak is taunting which is going to cause Bastila to get fear.

It happens, it isn't a big deal. Getting fear only really needs to be avoided in the last phase when you are trying to kill malak because it lowers your damage if you are skipping turns. As long as you are keeping up with the droids in the first phase it doesn't matter if people get feared occasionally.
  • https://youtu.be/tAIFAIA8QqI

That illustrates my troubles fairly well. I messed up the timing and only landed 3 armor shreds though
  • Advice from me: when I finished it I had not wasted an armour shred on a side droid. My 4th took him below 50% and he drained the last tank (tenacity) but I went back to side droids with basics until I was ready to mow him down
  • Advice from me: when I finished it I had not wasted an armour shred on a side droid. My 4th took him below 50% and he drained the last tank (tenacity) but I went back to side droids with basics until I was ready to mow him down

That makes sense, however I will say I’ve had 5 shreds on Malak AND 1 on the droid and i still had the same problems.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    https://youtu.be/tAIFAIA8QqI

That illustrates my troubles fairly well. I messed up the timing and only landed 3 armor shreds though

You need to be saving Revan's marked for the push below 50%. You can't have it on cooldown. Also you should be using Revan's saber throw on the toon with the most TM so Revan gets another turn right away. You used in on Bastila when she had 0 TM instead of Jolee who had like 80% TM.
  • https://youtu.be/tAIFAIA8QqI

You need to be saving Revan's marked for the push below 50%. You can't have it on cooldown.

So use it just before he hits 50%? Because I’ve done that and it’s worthless when it comes to cooldowns and Malak’s bonus turn. And as you can see, I can’t keep his health down long enough to use it after he’s below 50%.
  • Also, Malak 1-shots Mission or Z while I’m killing the droids to prep for the final assault. He used drain on Mission just now and killed her while he was still 90% full.
  • I give up. I’ll just get him next time after I can g13 the squad. This is ridiculous.
  • Last round I had him at 7 shreds and I still couldn’t keep his health down. I see no difference between 3 and 7 shreds when it comes to my damage output.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Also, Malak 1-shots Mission or Z while I’m killing the droids to prep for the final assault. He used drain on Mission just now and killed her while he was still 90% full.

He can start using drain as soon as the last jedi dies it doesn't matter what his health is. He just resets the cooldown at 50%. You want to prep before the last jedi dies. You get him to like 51% then kill the last jedi and then start going all out on him right away.

I suggest watching this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkUY4m52d0A
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    1. Get JKR as much damage as possible, 3200+ if possible with around 270 speed before his leader
    2. Make Zalbaar as fast as possible 220+ if possible
    3. Make Bastila as fast as possible with some damage but focus speed on Zalbaar first
    4. Make Jolee durable with a lot of health and as much secondary speed as possible after Zalbaar and Bastila
    5. If Mission: No Potency! Pure Damage If T3: Damage and speed

Kill of the droids once first, avoid JKR heal AOE and switch his special ability between Bastila and him as often as possible. Stack Armor Shred as high as possible and kill off the pods on the left side first if there are no robots to kill. Save Bastila's or T3's special to remove taunt, or stun a robot before it's about to heal / use T3's Basic to apply Ability Block.

Use Bastila's or T3's special to remove Debuffs on Zalbaar, especially Shock. Use Jolees healing abilities on Zalbaar to grant him Bonus Protecting as often as possible. Let Malak absorb Crit Immunity when he's getting too low on health, Armor Shred must have been applied before that or you're not able to do so after.

Over time it should look like that:
    hp3rl5pbikr6.png

Kill of the Tenacity pod or let Malak absorb it too if you're spreading too much DOT's and save all special skills. When he falls below 50% make sure to attack with all you have, JKR's Direct Focus should do enough damage to keep him below half life. After that brute force until he's gone, ignore the droids.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Last round I had him at 7 shreds and I still couldn’t keep his health down. I see no difference between 3 and 7 shreds when it comes to my damage output.

For your mods, try offense primaries on mission and bastilla for the triangles instead of crit damage ....offense sets on revan mission and bastilla if you can and as much speed on zaalbar as you can get. Mission in particular as much offenses you can get, most of her attacks will come from assisting zaalbar. You got this!
  • fw1p22p6vdin.png

What am I supposed to do I this situation? It’s not even 1 full round in.

I would probably wipe that taunt off his face. Yeah you might get Fear on Bastila, but don't worry about it just get back after that droid.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Please keep things civil and maintain a friendly environment to the relevant topic or this thread will be closed.

(Of which, most members are doing. Great job 👍
    Others: you know who you are)
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Alright I finally got it.

Jee-zus. That was more aggravating than Chewie.

Thanks for the help fellas. (Except that one guy.)