Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    My basis for it being rampant is based on cgs response, while I have no proof the evidence is still there and is more evidence supporting my cause then any other cause.

You are talking to a troll trying to make rational thinking out to look like a bunch of ****. It's like a political supporter starts supporting the other candidate and blatantly making it seem like he is an uneducated hick while defending the politician they dont actually support.

But you said you have no proof. Just now. In this post.

I have never stated I have any actual proof, I have evidence and circumstances that support said belief. All anyone else has is a poorly made promise from a company that seems to not care enough.

What cg does conveys information. Not to get political these are completely fiction ideas...

President tolley wants to create world peace, keeps talking about it. So he goes out and burns a country. Then steps out and talks more about world peace.

Cgs actions will always speak louder then their words and their actions have spoken loudly enough to convey the message that annoys me.

Dang my comment disappeared. Basically the youtuber bans aren’t proof because:
    1. They are not the opposite of fixing cheating
    2. They’ve never promoted cheating
    3. No one even knows how much cheating there was or is
  • Nihion wrote: »
    My basis for it being rampant is based on cgs response, while I have no proof the evidence is still there and is more evidence supporting my cause then any other cause.

You are talking to a troll trying to make rational thinking out to look like a bunch of ****. It's like a political supporter starts supporting the other candidate and blatantly making it seem like he is an uneducated hick while defending the politician they dont actually support.

But you said you have no proof. Just now. In this post.

I have never stated I have any actual proof, I have evidence and circumstances that support said belief. All anyone else has is a poorly made promise from a company that seems to not care enough.

What cg does conveys information. Not to get political these are completely fiction ideas...

President tolley wants to create world peace, keeps talking about it. So he goes out and burns a country. Then steps out and talks more about world peace.

Cgs actions will always speak louder then their words and their actions have spoken loudly enough to convey the message that annoys me.

Dang my comment disappeared. Basically the youtuber bans aren’t proof because:
    1. They are not the opposite of fixing cheating
    3. No one even knows how much cheating there was or is

..... they are evidence cause
    1. it was the first thing they did. Instead of trying to solve the cheating they censored the media.
    2 . You are right they never promoted cheating, the ban was purely made up with that lie so to ignore the real reason they were banned.
    3. While no one knows how much cheating there is, you can be dang sure it's happening. You censor stuff cause you want to hide information from the public. Cg has all that kind of info and hiding it for a reason. Perhaps the cheaters are big spenders? Or just friends of high ups. Who knows, all we can know is cg has no will to show us the extent of the cheating cause they are censoring anyone who tries.

Also people seem to misunderstand, while i have no full proof on some of these, the bans are plain clear and simple. Cg wont respond to people for long periods of times. Apparantly at 2 am or was it 1 am.. well early in the morning they saw their video and responded like it was a gun shooter running rampant. Demand the video get taken down.. then ban all involved in it.. those are 100% proven facts.

Now the rest are just guess works I gather from that, and I as well as the community deserve a better response then what we have gotten.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Well most of your evidence is just speculation. Here’s what we do know:
    1. They banned people who were making a method of cheating well known, which theoretically protects against cheaters.
    2. They did give us a message saying they will look into solutions
    3. Cheating will never go away completely, but they have been working to diminish it (the entire purpose of players reporting is to get rid of cheaters, something they cooperate with us on)
    4. Not you or I know how much cheating has been happening. It could have gone up last month. Or it could have gone up right after the videos. Or maybe it’s hardly happening at all. Or maybe everyone’s doing it. We don’t know, so the community can’t analyze the situation with complete confidence.
    5. We also don’t know some of the methods they are using to prevent cheating because they don’t tell us, and they shouldn’t.

Also I meant CG has never promoted cheating. The videos didn’t either.

Anyway, that’s what we know. I can’t tell you with complete certainty that cheating isn’t rampant. I can’t prove it. But there is also no way, with the information we have, to prove that it is.

That being said, protest with your money. If you think something is fishy, stop giving them your cash. I mean by all means, keep spending to help F2P people like me keep this game, but if you don’t like this situation, cut the cord. You do you.

CG be like: Stopping the money flow scares us from head to toe, but words will never worry us.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    This started to sound more like chem trails each day I check the forums xD
    Regardless of intent, yes, Bulldog absolutely did promote cheating.

The message of the video was, "Cheating is easy and you can get away with it." That isn't paraphrasing, misinterpreting, or putting words in his mouth; that was the literal point of the video. That is a very encouraging message to would-be cheaters, and no, following up the message that cheaters can totally get away with it with a, "But don't," does not change the fact that it is promoting cheating.

Further, a large part of anti-cheating measures are an information war. While game developers work to make the game cheat resistant, that goes a lot farther if information about how to cheat doesn't spread into the general public. Bulldog's video, while not step by step instructions, was very informative, and the ensuing storm around it even more so. I'm a relatively informed player, but I learned more about the nuts and bolts of cheating in the last three weeks than I have in the previous three years because of Bulldog's video. Enough that I feel confident I could go out there and find all the pieces parts I would need to cheat, if I had an Android phone. I do not feel what I knew before Bulldog's video was actionable in that way. I have the means as a direct result of Bulldog's video. And I suspect some number of less scrupulous people who did not have the means before do now as a direct result of Bulldog.

Providing means and encouragement is promotion, regardless of intent.
    Still not a he.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I meant CG hasn’t promoted cheating. That would be the opposite of fixing it.
  • Cheater cheater pumpkin eater
    Malak beater with extra turn meter?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

..... they are evidence cause
    1. it was the first thing they did. Instead of trying to solve the cheating they censored the media.
    2 . You are right they never promoted cheating, the ban was purely made up with that lie so to ignore the real reason they were banned.

Just out of curiousity, what do you think the effect of vids showing how "easy" it is to cheat have on the amount of players that will (try to) cheat? Isn't it common sense that it will increase? So taking the vids down ASAP is the right course of action regardless.
    I get the whole putting the pressure on the devs argument, which is arguably true, but creating a bigger problem because it puts more pressure on the people who have to fix it is probably not the best way to go about it.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Anyone who wanted to cheat before would of found a way to do it. I have never searched up a way but I am sure anyone who is capable of finding out how to cheat always was capable without bulldog's video and those who are less tech savvy who cannot find out how to cheat before are still having problems finding out how to do it unless there is a step by step how to site on how to do it.

I see your points but my point doesnt change, the removal of information that informs the public of a crisis is trying to bury our heads in the sand. We cannot be reburied.. well some cannot. Our heads are now out of the sand looking at the post apocalyptic world before us wondering how we let it get this bad and is anyone trying to fix it.

Instead we get removal of information and those who try to inform me of the gruesome truth are executed for sharing info.

But in the grand scheme of things I saw someone say they get paid 160 million dollars for this game??? So my tiny 300 a month contribution they lost isnt actually anything. Its toilet paper money to them, honestly thought I was bigshot waving my refusal to pay until something gets done.

But now that I see I am a small fry cg will never respond to my problems so I will just play casually until a new game comes out.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I get that you feel shafted now that you know that cheating is possible because you're paying 300 a month all while some .... is cheating, but i also feel like you're overreacting a bit because i don't think cheating is as common as you appear to think it is.
    I'm not trying to downplay the cheating itself, only the scale of it. I find it likely that you've never encountered a cheater in GA(C) eventhough it's possible that you have.
    To the best of my knowledge i've never encountered a cheater in GA(C) myself and i've been aware of cheating being possible since very early on due to clear cut cases of cheating being posted on the forum. In the absolute worse case i've encountered 6 cheaters in GA(C) since december 2018 over the span of 67 GA rounds. Factoring in that it is, uncontrary to popular believe, possible for me to lose a GA round without being cheated, i can't really say that i think cheating is commonplace in GA(C).
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I HATE how they treated this issue. Personally I have yet dealt with one. But the way they handled this issue. I didnt think cheating was a thing, same with fallout 76. I worked my but off in 1 week to get to level 100.. but some people were running around with 250 levels I just assumed they had worked even harder perhaps they didnt have a job to go to.

My buddies all caught up to me in 1 day when they were so far behind. Something with infinite weight glitch with creating infinite grenades gives tons of exp just sitting there.

I felt like the game was cheap and I gave it up. The idea cheats existed in a game frustrated me.

Here not only is there cheats but I believe cg did every single move wrong. From the removal of information and the bans. Then now they are about to take break number 2 and still I hear nothing to confirm Jack about what the plan is, I am being kept in the dark as is the community and i hate that.

I dont feel upset about me spending money.. I love my alpha from week 1 to have him 7 stars and g12. I just know my paltry cash flow is nothing to the millions I keep hearing that cg is making.

I came into this discussion thinking I was a whale demanding something so they better listen and resolve it or lose my whale money, when clearly I am not even close to a whale, for a company to need to make a million they would need at least 10k of me spending this kind of money so I am so low on the totem pole that cg is like "oh no the poor 300 dollars. I guess we will not be able to use 3 100 dollar Bill's ad toilet paper this month, oh my whatever shall we do" you get my point, I just give up. I obviously am not a big shot I am just a lowly spender who shouldnt be demanding something from them.

• FYI I’ve reported 4 cheaters in my new shard and Lucifers Daddy kicked them all out within a few days. Appreciate the quick response CG.
  • I'm glad I stocked up on popcorn.

You don’t get to pop in and just say pop corn! That’s so generic. What type of pop corn? Butter, no butter, microwave, kettle style, pop corn maker, toppings, maker, Orville Reddenbacker, Pop Secret, etc.

rhtowp0tjlzf.gif

You don’t get to pop in and just say pop corn! That’s so generic. What type of pop corn? Butter, no butter, microwave, kettle style, pop corn maker, toppings, maker, Orville Reddenbacker, Pop Secret, etc.

rhtowp0tjlzf.gif

Typically, I like popcorn flavored with some hot sauce and a cold beer.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Don't waste either popcorn or beer by pouring one into the other.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Anyone else find it ironic bulldog1205 got a lifetime ban from the game for being a danger to the community by promoting cheating techniques, but he is still on forums posting freely... I'm not saying they should ban him but if he really was such a toxic bad guy hell bent on destroying the community and the game why would they let him have a forum account and dm or post on here? Just thought it was very ironic
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Anyone else find it ironic bulldog1205 got a lifetime ban from the game for being a danger to the community by promoting cheating techniques, but he is still on forums posting freely... I'm not saying they should ban him but if he really was such a toxic bad guy hell bent on destroying the community and the game why would they let him have a forum account and dm or post on here? Just thought it was very ironic

Because he could make another account. And another. And another. Whereas in game the longer you keep an account, the more valuable that account becomes. Banning a 5 mil account is pretty devastating.
    Anyone else find it ironic bulldog1205 got a lifetime ban from the game for being a danger to the community by promoting cheating techniques, but he is still on forums posting freely... I'm not saying they should ban him but if he really was such a toxic bad guy hell bent on destroying the community and the game why would they let him have a forum account and dm or post on here? Just thought it was very ironic

Because he could make another account. And another. And another. Whereas in game the longer you keep an account, the more valuable that account becomes. Banning a 5 mil account is pretty devastating.

Obviously but if they worried that he is perpetuating cheating he can still easily do that on here...
  • Did anyone see the movie Marauders? It's about these bank robbers. Basically, they were committing crime for the greater good. Robin hood like. Yes, they even make such refrences. It's an interesting take. It's a valid moral question. Many here believe the greater good should have trumped the violations. Others feel it's cut and dry. Break the rules. Lose the tools. In the movie, after a long hard moral conflict, he chooses to break the rules for the greater good.

Part of the calculation is accepting responsibility for your actions. To put together that type of video and not expect consequences would be naive.

Besides, you're only a martyr if you hang.

Except they didnt ban the cheating account and they have no proof he cheated with his main, so no they do not have the right to ban that account. I'd be surprised if he doesn't get his money back or sue them tbh. No where in the tos does it state an account can be banned with no reason and no proof. So not sure how everyone on here can say his main should be banned. And also, banning for life , why have none of the other cheaters caught by CG been banned for life? Why is he the first. It's a joke that's why, they don't care about the cheating they care about looking like fools, which is funny, cause they look even more foolish. Except of course to the cg shills. Cant wait till their silly response to this.
    Again they have literally no proof he cheated with his main account , so how are they justified in banning it ?

Zero tolerance.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Obviously but if they worried that he is perpetuating cheating he can still easily do that on here...

Anyone can. But he’s not. I also think that he didn’t intend on being banned or promoting cheating, the video was just over the line according to CG, and he got banned.
  • Did anyone see the movie Marauders? It's about these bank robbers. Basically, they were committing crime for the greater good. Robin hood like. Yes, they even make such refrences. It's an interesting take. It's a valid moral question. Many here believe the greater good should have trumped the violations. Others feel it's cut and dry. Break the rules. Lose the tools. In the movie, after a long hard moral conflict, he chooses to break the rules for the greater good.

Part of the calculation is accepting responsibility for your actions. To put together that type of video and not expect consequences would be naive.

Except they didnt ban the cheating account and they have no proof he cheated with his main, so no they do not have the right to ban that account. I'd be surprised if he doesn't get his money back or sue them tbh. No where in the tos does it state an account can be banned with no reason and no proof. So not sure how everyone on here can say his main should be banned. And also, banning for life , why have none of the other cheaters caught by CG been banned for life? Why is he the first. It's a joke that's why, they don't care about the cheating they care about looking like fools, which is funny, cause they look even more foolish. Except of course to the cg shills. Cant wait till their silly response to this.
    Again they have literally no proof he cheated with his main account , so how are they justified in banning it ?

Zero tolerance.

Zero tolerance means 1 strike you are gone. From the facts of it his main had 0 strikes. They just banned him for reasons already explained.
  • Zero tolerance means 1 strike you are gone. From the facts of it his main had 0 strikes. They just banned him for reasons already explained.
    It isn't account specific. Bulldog cheated. Bulldog's accounts got banned IAW the TOS.
    Still not a he.
  • It should be account specific.
  • Zero tolerance.
    A lot of cheaters have had suspensions only to come back and get up to their old tricks straight away; while they do try and crack down on cheaters I would dispute that they have 'zero tolerance'.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • A lot of cheaters have had suspensions only to come back and get up to their old tricks straight away; while they do try and crack down on cheaters I would dispute that they have 'zero tolerance'.
    A lot of cheaters were caught and suspended prior to the zero tolerance policy going into effect.
    Still not a he.

Zero tolerance.

Zero tolerance means 1 strike you are gone. From the facts of it his main had 0 strikes. They just banned him for reasons already explained.

Other cheaters don't provide indisputable evidence that they cheated. It's always, "this doesn't look right, some sort of program was used". In this case, there was no doubt what was used. Banning all of his accounts is reasonable.
  • I'm just a player and also an adult, been playing this game 2 1/2 years, a Guild Leader and old enough to know when someone without proof makes a statement that's controversial I dont blindly take their word for it.

Same problem that Facebook and Twitter have. Because someone makes a statement about about a suspect person, doesn't mean diddley squat without supporting facts. I mean look what happened with the 2016 election results. People stupidly believed every negative thing said about one candidate and same people stupidly believed every positive thing said about her opponent.

I dont know bulldog. I personally have no idea if hes a cheater or not, but in the absence of facts that say otherwise, I'm not going to come on here and say, "reinstate bulldog", when I have no reliable information. CG has data (facts) that say otherwise and I have no reliable information to dispute that at this point.

Frankly speaking anything CG and players can do to eliminate cheaters is good news to hear. And about whether the person with the Palp lead squad is deliberately trying to get get rated lower, who knows. I've got my own issues to deal with.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I'm just a player and also an adult, been playing this game 2 1/2 years, a Guild Leader and old enough to know when someone without proof makes a statement that's controversial I dont blindly take their word for it.

Same problem that Facebook and Twitter have. Because someone makes a statement about about a suspect person, doesn't mean diddley squat without supporting facts. I mean look what happened with the 2016 election results. People stupidly believed every negative thing said about one candidate and same people stupidly believed every positive thing said about her opponent.

I dont know bulldog. I personally have no idea if hes a cheater or not, but in the absence of facts that say otherwise, I'm not going to come on here and say, "reinstate bulldog", when I have no reliable information. CG has data (facts) that say otherwise and I have no reliable information to dispute that at this point.

Frankly speaking anything CG and players can do to eliminate cheaters is good news to hear. And about whether the person with the Palp lead squad is deliberately trying to get get rated lower, who knows. I've got my own issues to deal with.

True wisdom.
  • I'm just a player and also an adult, been playing this game 2 1/2 years, a Guild Leader and old enough to know when someone without proof makes a statement that's controversial I dont blindly take their word for it.

How much were you paid to type that? Nahh I kid but still, the problem with your theory is it focuses on random nonsense with no basis or proof, randomly claim things and hope the public believes it.

There is plenty of stuff happening that reveal the motive of what cgs real prime objection was. But I digress you will believe whatever your master overlords ag cg want you to believe.
This discussion has been closed.