Question about Geo TB points/stars

gpeeee
126 posts Member
I’m in a middle tier guild and we want to utilize as much as we can in order to maximize our star count. I have noticed in this TB, after a Star is completed, the next star score doesn’t reset at 0. For example, we finished 1 Star at 42mil and the next star says it is completed at 88 million but the bar is only barely filled up. Is this a glitch?

Replies

• gpeeee
    126 posts Member
    ytfhz2lxrhx0.jpeg
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I believe that the bar only shows your progress on the current star, so what you are seeing there is just the 2 million or so you have gained towards the next star, out of the 46 million you need to get it.
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    Nope that's normal. Shows progress towards next star.
  • It’s displayed correctly. Liath has it correct. It’s the same in Hoth LS / DS as well.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    @gpeeee moved to correct subforum
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • gpeeee
    126 posts Member
    If the bar is progress of the current star, then how come if the score is over half way, the bar is not that far? Example is this other picture.
  • gpeeee
    126 posts Member
    eczado9zkpzi.jpeg
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    gpeeee wrote: »
    If the bar is progress of the current star, then how come if the score is over half way, the bar is not that far? Example is this other picture.

Because that number includes the amount you already got. It doesn’t reset, as you noted in the OP. For simplicity, assume that star 1 takes 10m and star 2 takes 30m. The 30m number includes the 10m for the first star, it’s cumulative. You need 30m total to get to 2*, not an additional 30m. Once you hit the first star you just need 20m more to get the second star. And the numbers are going to show 10m/30m. But the bar will only show progress after the fist star, so it will be empty at that moment. When you get another million points, the numbers will show 11m/30m, but the bar will only be 5% full because you have only gained 1m of the 20m that is the difference between star 1 and star 2.
  • gpeeee
    126 posts Member
    Thanks. That makes sense. For some reason, I just keep getting a mental block when I look at the total points and the bar and I can’t put it together. Just one of those things I guess, but it does make sense. So, is it possible that it may be easier to get 2 stars in the top territory of P1 Geo than it is to get 1 Star in the bottom of P1?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    gpeeee wrote: »
    Thanks. That makes sense. For some reason, I just keep getting a mental block when I look at the total points and the bar and I can’t put it together. Just one of those things I guess, but it does make sense. So, is it possible that it may be easier to get 2 stars in the top territory of P1 Geo than it is to get 1 Star in the bottom of P1?

I don’t have the numbers for 1* handy, but keep in mind that once everybody has done the missions in the top all the rest of the points have to come from deployments, whereas you will have some mission points going towards that first bottom star (assuming people have enough teams to do both). So it really depends on the specific circumstances of your guild.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I haven't actually done the math on Geo TB (or researched it or w/e) but I know on light side Hoth it is always less points to go for the 2nd star in the territory without the special mission because it has 2 combat missions, but in dark side Hoth there are a couple of territories where it is actually cheaper to go for 2* with the territory with the special mission.

On both Light side and dark side Hoth, it is always cheaper to go for a single star in another territory than to go for a 2nd star in the first (regardless which you picked).

Geo TB has at least 2 combat missions per territory so it's a new animal, but I would guess that it too will always make a 1* cheaper than a 2*, and which territory is easiest to 2* won't be determined by special missions.