Minor clarification

I've seen dozens if not hundreds of posts where people complain about what EA is doing. EA is publishing and marketing this. Capital Games are the creators. Capital Games decides on crystal refill prices, pack prices ,etc.

If you're pleased or displeased about a buff, nerf, crystal giveaway, or more, this is all Capital Games.

Replies

• Although what you say is true. Publishers have a huge say in what you do as a developer. Especially EA.
  • EA is the Darth Sidious to their Vader. The unseen hand of the dark lord works through his fallen apprentice. ;)

Point well taken, though. It's easy to target EA with their history of unscrupulous business decisions. Most people don't even know CG's own history of poor design choices and handling of community relations. To be fair, though, the guys who always end up being the official face of CG to the forums (Usually Aaron, at least on HoDA forums) catch a lot of unnecessary flak for decisions that weren't solely made by them. Either way you feel, you have to realize that Capital Games is an EA studio. They hold a lot of sway over how they ultimately operate. If EA didn't like their decisions managing the specifics, you can be sure they would have something to say. They aren't known as EA Sacramento just because the first two letters sound nice.

http://capitalgames.com/our-studio/
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • I wasn't sure what level of influence EA might exsert on CG. Every time I've posed this question, CG claimed responsibility for pricing.
  • I don't doubt that they are responsible, just that if EA didn't agree with it, particularly if the prices were too low, you can be certain they would make sure Capital Games chose the "correct" prices.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Hmm. So, they would be made to see the error of their way in other words.
  • Yup. :) I'm just speculating, although I don't think it's too far from the truth. When you're a subsidiary of a larger parent company, I doubt there is ever as much autonomy as may be advertised.
  • Hey Guys, walking the fine line on the forum guidelines here. I'm not locking this thread or anything, yet. Just know that anytime you talk about topics like these the thread is likely to be locked or deleted at the first sign of negativity :)
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • @EA_Jesse , just trying to clear up some misconceptions. Also looking to find out how much leeway CG actually has to set pricing on its own.
  • Thanks for the heads up. You are one of the guys I mentioned who catches a lot of flak, Jesse, but I am glad you still choose to interact with us. Although I am usually highly critical of CG as a whole and poke fun all the time, I have no hard feelings about you or any other individuals. We appreciate the hard work, despite my or anyone else's opinions on inherently controversial and difficult to broach topics.
  • Pure_Pazaak
    386 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    @EA_Jesse , just trying to clear up some misconceptions. Also looking to find out how much leeway CG actually has to set pricing on its own.

I don't feel like that will ever actually be properly addressed, as it's sensitive information about the inner workings of the company. My speculations are inherently cynical because of my past experiences, so I may not be the best one to take an unbiased opinion from. You will probably get a more expanded pool to take thoughts from if/when others post. Just wanted to keep up the conversation in light of your conundrum. :)
  • I appreciate it. I've had very few dealings with either EA or CG. I'm normally not a fan of mobile games. This one I like and its been a lot of fun. I don't need to know all the intricate information. I'm looking for a rough idea about the amount of rope on the leash so to speak. A rough idea of how much control CG has.
  • Honestly... Who cares??? If you complain someone will read it and it will get back to EA or CG... What a waste of a post...
  • I want to know how much power CG has to revise pricing downward.