Kylo Ren Unmasked Broken?

I just fought a FO team in SA; KRU, KR, FO E, FO ST, FO Officer. I used my CLS Rebel team and whittled their team down to just KRU with my whole team left. When it was at this point, the timer was at 3:45. When I won, the timer was at 1:15. It took literally 2mins 30 seconds for 5 G12+ Zeta'd toons to kill a G12+ KRU because of his healing! I applied stun after stun with RHS doing mad damage with chewie but each time I attacked he just gained more and more health.

Had I not had so much time, I would have lost because of his health/protection gain.

Is this broken or am I missing something very obvious?

Replies

• J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    either you apply healing immunity, you outdamage the healing factor or you prevent status effects appearing on them, nothing new for kru fights :D
  • J0HND03 wrote: »
    either you apply healing immunity, you outdamage the healing factor or you prevent status effects appearing on them, nothing new for kru fights :D

None of my squad had healing immunity debuffs,
    he didnt even have 1 turn the entire 2 mins as I kept stunning him and applying debuffs
  • Chewie's 20% health bonus damage is greatly reduced against KRU too. Acts as a heal for KRU.
  • Count yourself lucky! If that KRU had been really well modded you wouldn't have won at all. KRU with 3 health sets and 4 6dot health primaries is nearly impossible for CLS/Han/Chewi and C3P0 makes it even worse. The unique ability combined with leadership is why.
    ... When a First Order ally gains a status effect, they recover 5% Health and 5% Protection.
    and
    When Kylo takes damage, he recovers 8% Health... Kylo takes reduced damage from Percent Health damage effects...

In this context Chewi does 0.01% (instead of 20%) max health damage to health damage resistant characters like KRU. KRU then gains 8% health because he was damaged. If you add C3P0 you'll also apply expose on basic. When the expose is triggered by another attack it deals 0.4% damage to KRU (rather than the normal 20%) and then heals him by another 8% health and that's on top of the 5% health and protection he gets from every debuf you land on him.

It is admittedly quite difficult to get KRU to high enough health to survive a g12 rebel team. It's mod dependent of course but >65k health with a bit of extra defense too should manage it against most. And you might as well mod for health because even if extra tenacity instead would help against palp or JTR a super fast FOO or OG Kylo is more useful (and to be honest trying to defend against a good JTR at least is pretty much a lost cause).
  • Count yourself lucky! If that KRU had been really well modded you wouldn't have won at all. KRU with 3 health sets and 4 6dot health primaries is nearly impossible for CLS/Han/Chewi and C3P0 makes it even worse. The unique ability combined with leadership is why.
    ... When a First Order ally gains a status effect, they recover 5% Health and 5% Protection.
    and
    When Kylo takes damage, he recovers 8% Health... Kylo takes reduced damage from Percent Health damage effects...

In this context Chewi does 0.01% (instead of 20%) max health damage to health damage resistant characters like KRU. KRU then gains 8% health because he was damaged. If you add C3P0 you'll also apply expose on basic. When the expose is triggered by another attack it deals 0.4% damage to KRU (rather than the normal 20%) and then heals him by another 8% health and that's on top of the 5% health and protection he gets from every debuf you land on him.

It is admittedly quite difficult to get KRU to high enough health to survive a g12 rebel team. It's mod dependent of course but >65k health with a bit of extra defense too should manage it against most. And you might as well mod for health because even if extra tenacity instead would help against palp or JTR a super fast FOO or OG Kylo is more useful (and to be honest trying to defend against a good JTR at least is pretty much a lost cause).

Thanks for the explanation!
  • “Difficult for some squads” does not mean “broken.” Broken is the Bossk/Jawa/Geos interaction. You just brought the wrong weapon to the fight. Ewoks can take down a zKRU lead FO squad fairly easily.
  • “Difficult for some squads” does not mean “broken.” Broken is the Bossk/Jawa/Geos interaction. You just brought the wrong weapon to the fight. Ewoks can take down a zKRU lead FO squad fairly easily.

Wait since when is bossk broken? He's my main SA squad leader and the only thing they can take down is NS despite all being G12+ and having all zetas.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    He's broken when he leads Jawas to take down Bugs.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Have ya met enfys nest?
  • Replace C3 with Wampa.
  • Finch1221 wrote: »
    Although IMO he shouldn't, he heals of every buff or debuff
    :D He shouldn't do what his kit says?

• Replace C3 with Wampa.

don't have any way to farm wamp
  • TVF wrote: »
    He's broken when he leads Jawas to take down Bugs.

How does that work?
  • Don't bring a Luke to a KRU fight ... read KRUs kit and you'll realise why it's hard to beat that team with your CLS rebels.

Then when you go back to find a solution, remember this technique the next time to get into a similar pickle - e.g. when you get to fight Nest (work around her kit) or Traya (don't attack out of turn).