What Makes CLS Good?

Prev13
Hi all,

I've been lurking around the discussions and have seen some refer to CLS as one of the best toons, along with JKR, DR, Malak etc.
I have CLS and I'm really confused as to what makes him good? Like why?

Thanks

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Turn Meter Removal on two of three attacks. Really strong leadership Zeta. High damage. Self-cleanse. Self-heal. Applies Tenacity Down. Un-dispelable buff. Excellent and key to many raid solo teams for Rancor and AAT. Capable of soloing Rancor entirely on his own.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Turn Meter Removal on two of three attacks. Really strong leadership Zeta. High damage. Self-cleanse. Self-heal. Applies Tenacity Down. Un-dispelable buff. Excellent and key to many raid solo teams for Rancor and AAT. Capable of soloing Rancor entirely on his own.

Oh okay lol. how in god's name does a CLS team solo rancor?
  • TangoSket wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

Oh okay lol. how in god's name does a CLS team solo rancor?

Mod him fast and alot of potesol. ackbar lead, zhan solo, and cls can 3 man on auto reliably
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    CLS. Not a team. Just him. 230+ speed, G11 or higher. Zeta on IBAT.

Basic, basic, special. Repeat over and over.

n8guzlghiuhk.png

His special applies Tenacity Down and removes 100% TM. Then his basic removes 30% each time, I believe. So as long as your speed is high enough, you're removing too much TM for the Rancor to get to enrage.

Don't mod for potency for raid use. Tenacity Down is irresistible, and is like - %99,000 tenacity so the only resists you'll get will be the minimum 15% chance that always exists.

n8guzlghiuhk.png

His special applies Tenacity Down and removes 100% TM. Then his basic removes 30% each time, I believe. So as long as your speed is high enough, you're removing too much TM for the Rancor to get to enrage.

Don't mod for potency for raid use. Tenacity Down is irresistible, and is like - %99,000 tenacity so the only resists you'll get will be the minimum 15% chance that always exists.

which part?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    TangoSket wrote: »

n8guzlghiuhk.png

which part?

All of them. All 4 phases from beginning to end in 1 attempt.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »

n8guzlghiuhk.png

which part?

**** okay thanks. Shame my guild sims this raid :(
  • Im fairly new just wondering, my CLS is g12+ and has all speed mods, is his speed just the number in white or the number in white as well as the blue one?
    It shows
    Speed: 193 (41)
    would that make the speed 234? Thanks
  • CLS teams are also capable of beating both Revans if modded correctly (faster than DR, and similarly to JKR). He's also a key figure for a HAAT solo (RJT/BB8/Finn/3PO/CLS).

He really is very good and still relevant after being the first Journey character however long ago.
    Im fairly new just wondering, my CLS is g12+ and has all speed mods, is his speed just the number in white or the number in white as well as the blue one?
    It shows
    Just the number in white, so 193.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    edited August 2019
    The number in parentheses is already added. It just shows what comes from mods. So your total speed right now is 193. 41 isn't a lot from mods, but as you farm and slice more you will get higher speed secondaries. You should usually also have a +30 primary arrow.

Also, not sure if I understand your post about "all speed mods" correctly, but you will never need 6 speed set mods since they work in sets of four. So have four speed mods and two of potency, tenacity, health, or defense.
  • lladdir wrote: »
    Im fairly new just wondering, my CLS is g12+ and has all speed mods, is his speed just the number in white or the number in white as well as the blue one?
    It shows

Right so how do i make CLS have 230+ Speed? All mods are speed, 5/6 Dots.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    You have to farm/buy better mods. That's the only way.

EDIT: Or slice your existing ones if they aren't already sliced.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    JacenRoe wrote: »

n8guzlghiuhk.png

which part?

Simming is better. Spending 20+ minutes whacking away with CLS is a waste of time.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    lladdir wrote: »
    It shows

Right so how do i make CLS have 230+ Speed? All mods are speed, 5/6 Dots.

See my above post. You need high speed secondaries.
  • Even +10 on each of the non-arrow mods plus a +30 arrow will get you +80. Not including the 10% bonus from a set of 4 speed mods. Go with 4x speed, 2x health of you want him to be a bit more durable. Ideally a+ % Crit Damage triangle and+ % offense cross.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    You may want to link your swgoh.gg account for advice.
    Even +10 on each of the non-arrow mods plus a +30 arrow will get you +80. Not including the 10% bonus from a set of 4 speed mods. Go with 4x speed, 2x health of you want him to be a bit more durable. Ideally a+ % Crit Damage triangle and+ % offense cross.
    crzydroid wrote: »
    The number in parentheses is already added. It just shows what comes from mods. So your total speed right now is 193. 41 isn't a lot from mods, but as you farm and slice more you will get higher speed secondaries. You should usually also have a +30 primary arrow.

Also, not sure if I understand your post about "all speed mods" correctly, but you will never need 6 speed set mods since they work in sets of four. So have four speed mods and two of potency, tenacity, health, or defense.

Right cheers but I'm really failing to understand how the mods work, If i already have speed mods how can I get more speed?
  • crzydroid wrote: »

I'll get to that

I'll get to that

Do I just link my swgoh.gg collection?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kookermader
    410 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Even +10 on each of the non-arrow mods plus a +30 arrow will get you +80. Not including the 10% bonus from a set of 4 speed mods. Go with 4x speed, 2x health of you want him to be a bit more durable. Ideally a+ % Crit Damage triangle and+ % offense cross.

Right cheers but I'm really failing to understand how the mods work, If i already have speed mods how can I get more speed?

Mods have a set bonus, a primary stat, and 4 secondary stats. The way you maximize speed is by using mods with the highest speed secondary stats you can find. You also want an arrow mod with speed primary stat, and 4 speed set mods to get the set bonus.

Mods have a set bonus, a primary stat, and 4 secondary stats. The way you maximize speed is by using mods with the highest speed secondary stats you can find. You also want an arrow mod with speed primary stat, and 4 speed set mods to get the set bonus.

Thanks!
    My link to my CLS is here
    https://swgoh.gg/p/591462973/characters/commander-luke-skywalker
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

Thanks!

You only have one good speed secondary, the plus 18. Also you only need 4 speed mods for the bonus, the other 2 are wasted. Put in speed mods with better secondary speed if you have them, and two other types with speed secondaries
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »

Thanks!

You only have one good speed secondary, the plus 18. Also you only need 4 speed mods for the bonus, the other 2 are wasted. Put in speed mods with better secondary speed if you have them, and two other types with speed secondaries

Don't think I've got any good ones farmed. So to have good speed I need speed mods with good speed secondaries?
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    These are your best secondaries:

https://swgoh.gg/p/591462973/mods/?stat2_5=1

This is where your arrows are at:

https://swgoh.gg/p/591462973/mods/?stat1_5=1

Spend some time farming mods and only keep 5 dots that roll speed.

Also, read the mod guides and get a good understanding before slicing anymore to 6 dot.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    These are your best secondaries:

https://swgoh.gg/p/591462973/mods/?stat2_5=1

This is where your arrows are at:

https://swgoh.gg/p/591462973/mods/?stat1_5=1

Spend some time farming mods and only keep 5 dots that roll speed.

Also, read the mod guides and get a good understanding before slicing anymore to 6 dot.

Cheers pal, appreciated.
    Gifafi wrote: »

Thanks!

Don't think I've got any good ones farmed. So to have good speed I need speed mods with good speed secondaries?

Speed mods with speed secondaries give the biggest boost since a full speed set (4 mods at lvl 15) gives a +10% boost to your overall speed stat. You're not just limited to using speed mods though. All of my 20+ secondary speed stats are on other mod types like health, etc... That link that @TVF posted is a good place to understand modding.

Back to the original question though... the reason CLS is considered good is because he has the best Rebel leadership ability, he removes TM and inflicts debuffs on both of his primary and secondary attack, his other special cleanses his debuffs and recovers HP and protection. Also his "It binds all things"(IBAT) unique ability zeta acts as almost a secondary leadership ability since it grants TM to his entire team whenever he inflicts debuffs(and all of his attacks can apply debuffs). When you combine that with his leadership zeta, which grants TM to Rebels when enemies resist debuffs, that is a LOT of turn meter feeding to your team.

Of course, with JKR, DR/Malak being so dominant nowadays, it's hard for CLS to compete since their kits are way more loaded than his, but he is still one of the best characters in the game.
    JacenRoe wrote: »

n8guzlghiuhk.png

which part?

Shame because you don't get to do it, but trust me, the sim rewards are very nice.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    If you're unfamiliar with a lot of these basics you're probably also unaware that he is part of a team that can solo the whole tank raid as well. I use JTR, BB8, C3PO, CLS and Finn. CLS giving the whole team turn meter on his unique is a vital part of that team.