Darth Malak but no DR?

2Next

Replies

• NikoSWGoH wrote: »
    Pjfp wrote: »
    Hadesbe wrote: »
    I’ve been farming all these toons and geared them all up to g12 for this malak event. I don’t have DR yet.. why is Dr not launched with Malak. They both said ”coming soon” and i think it’s just stupid i rushed gearing. Now i have to wait another 125+ days. Im quitting probably in that case

Because he already came like a Month ago?

More like 63 days, he will probably come back at the end of the month.
    So yeah, there was a hope malak would come a bit later.

Yes, I remember all of the threads calling to delay Malak.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    NikoSWGoH wrote: »
    Pjfp wrote: »
    Hadesbe wrote: »
    I’ve been farming all these toons and geared them all up to g12 for this malak event. I don’t have DR yet.. why is Dr not launched with Malak. They both said ”coming soon” and i think it’s just stupid i rushed gearing. Now i have to wait another 125+ days. Im quitting probably in that case

Because he already came like a Month ago?

More like 63 days, he will probably come back at the end of the month.
    So yeah, there was a hope malak would come a bit later.

Yeah that explains all the "don't bring back malak yet" threads.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Because the people who went all out to get DR the second time around, should get an advantage on Malak as well. They should get something for their focus and effort.

IMHO that's why it took some time between the DR and the Malak event - to give the recent DR owners a chance to get their gear levels up for the Malak event.

Hang in there, focus your grind and be ready next time.

EDIT: Also, be thankful for the 2 months gap between DR and Malak. During the initial releases we only had 3 weeks to get all the toons ready for Malak.
  • If they dropped a surprise DR event at the same time as Malak, all the same people would be complaining on the threads that they didn't get a chance to gear DR up to 17,500 and why did the events have to run concurrently, why couldn't DR have come a bit before Malak to get the timing right...

The timing was fine. If you worked hard, you got DR the 2nd time. If you did that, you had enough time to get your ORs up to 17,500. If you did, that probably cost you in terms of gearing GG, Geos, & other separatists but that's the choice you make: to do focussed prep work because an unpredictable event could come anytime and you'd have little chance to add gear by the time you found out about the event ... or to do something else. Frankly I'm surprised they gave us 72 hours instead of the original 48. They gave us lots of time to gear and zeta DR after the last event and before Malak. This seems (dare I say it?) downright considerate.

If you got DR on the 2nd time round, you got Malak on the 2nd time around. If they dropped DR right now and you couldn't get him geared and zeta'd fast enough, what then? There has to be separation between the events so that 2nd DR = 2nd Malak, 3rd DR = 3rd Malak, etc. Everything is fine.