Welcome Mark!

Prev13
Docx
94 posts Member
Now where is the info on the clone reworks?

Replies

• Anyone else read the welcome to the new senior producer and find it a little concerning he did not once mentioned he loves or likes Star Wars? His resume looks OK but just playing the game because he was going to interview for a job does not come across as the fan Carrie was. Now i am not saying he has to be a Star Wars fan to do his job but it would sure help when having to deal with a player base who is hard core.

Anyway Good Luck Mark I hope everything works out great.
  • Fléau
    5 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I reckon there's little doubt someone who's played the game every day for 3.5 years and has reached 5m GP is a star wars fan.
    Anyway, welcome Mark
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    giphy.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ThunderGun
    221 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Anyone else read the welcome to the new senior producer and find it a little concerning he did not once mentioned he loves or likes Star Wars? His resume looks OK but just playing the game because he was going to interview for a job does not come across as the fan Carrie was. Now i am not saying he has to be a Star Wars fan to do his job but it would sure help when having to deal with a player base who is hard core.

Anyway Good Luck Mark I hope everything works out great.

Well, he has 5 mil GP in 2.5 years if he started early 2017, so could be less.. in any case, at least we know he likes microtransactions!
  • ThunderGun wrote: »
    Well, he has 5 mil GP in 2.5 years if he started early 2017, so could be less.. in any case, at least we know he likes microtransactions!

He spends his $3k a month. That’s how he got the job.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Pros:
    +Plays the game regularly
    +Used to play from the outside in
    +Whales -- so is aware of how expensive / pricey this game is
    +Competitive endgame player (5 Million GP ) and working on Geo TB squads so he sees the same difficulty curve we do
    +Tries to enjoy the game (working on jawas)

Cons:
    -7 Years of EA Sports, TellTale (episodic content)

No surprise that we will end up getting someone that has a good resume in microtransaction history since this is one of the biggest moneymakers out there

Jury is still out on whether he will be good or bad as far as paywall goes. If he's a daily player then he is aware of how largely accessible and free to play this game is, but at the same time, he knows things that pushes him over spending territory or things that can be done to limit F2P model as much as possible
  • TVF wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Of course you would be the one to do this.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    sounds like a childhood in the 70's and perhaps he saw the first star wars film with a super 8 projector... i was too young for the movie, but my father later bought the film. (not sure if many player here know this early type of a "home-cinema")

however, bienvenidos, mark!

a 5m+ gp player knows the game and its problems. i'm sure you have an ear for us here and perhaps we can test your heroes in the grand arena!

:wink:
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Welcome/Congrats!

Although I'm curious about what this whole "next project" thing is.
  • Howdy Mark!
    Congrats on the new position and good luck!
  • We hope that bizarre mistakes will be studied and not made again.

The only thing you can know about the producer is that he is a whale playing, since my account is from the same time and I have 3.3M PG.

From my heart, I hope you will stop legendary events increasingly similar to Malak's. Without putting money, there is no way to try to help your guild, have a late goal and put equipment on the characters you like.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    giphy.gif

****, I entered to topic to do exactly this, you were faster.
  • Satyg
    160 posts Member
    Why on earth is he working on his Jawas? Rework coming?
    Rrraarrwhhgwwr - Chewbacca (The Empire Strikes Back)
  • Makes sense that EA would like a guy who wants to be a breadmaker.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I like this Mark guy. What gives me hope is his interest in storytelling...
  • Looking forward to the newly seated Senior Producer! Thankful for Carrie's contribution over the last five years, but I'm excited to see where Mark will lead the development of the game! Clone wars has been a great add and the game continues to be moving in a great direction. We all know that there is much to discover in the ever expanding Star Wars universe, can't wait to continue exploring it with the developers at Capital Games! Welcome Mark!
  • Welcome Mark! You’ve come at just the right time, after Malak’s return.

I promise we re not as bad as you heard, well , not all of .. err....welcome !
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    giphy.gif

No you beat me to it
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Nope bye mark
    Post edited by Boros on
  • @Bevel_Lemelisk I agree. They didn’t even describe him as a huge Star Wars fan either.
  • Boros wrote: »
    giphy.gif

No you beat me to it

DAMMIT! Beat me to it, too...…..
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • 7 years with EA sports.... Pass
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    7 years with EA sports.... Pass

OOF, but then this has more insane micro transactions than fifa ultimate team lol
  • Boros wrote: »

OOF, but then this has more insane micro transactions than fifa ultimate team lol

Doesnt fifa ultimate make you play a 'slot machine' to get brand new players, at least here you can play a slot machine to get different amounts of the 1 thing.
    Could be wrong though.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Boros wrote: »

Doesnt fifa ultimate make you play a 'slot machine' to get brand new players, at least here you can play a slot machine to get different amounts of the 1 thing.
    Could be wrong though.

Heheh. All I can say is fifa ultimate team 2.0 has landed in swgoh. I will take back my hi mark comment
  • Only time will tell.

He may turn out to be better than Carrie.

Let's just hope he doesnt turn into her.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I don't know why people are concerned about EA Sports. EA Sports rules!

source.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Lol how he get over 5 million gp since 2017
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Lol how he get over 5 million gp since 2017

$$$$$

He pays for his own salary.