Malak shards in Guild Store...

So, the Malak shards aren't showing up in the guild store for me. I'm guessing you not only need to beat the event, but also actually unlock Malak?

I'm not interested in unlocking Malak for a week or maybe two, because I'm still working hard on other gear priorities (like Padme) and don't want the GP to count against me til I can actually throw gear at him. But of course I want to buy the shards even if I'm not ready to unlock him yet. So I just want to confirm that this isn't some bug, that it's just because I haven't activated the toon...

That's right, isn't it?

BTW: assuming that's true, it still wouldn't change my strategy. I don't have enough GET saved to immediately 7* Malak, so I'm going to be held up by the TB schedule anyway. If I just continue stockpiling GET I'll still get Malak's seventh star on the same day.

Replies

• Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    The current matchmaking system only takes into account the top end of your roster. Even if you activate Malak he isn't gonna affect your matchmaking until you gear and level him up.

But yes, you have to activate him for the shards to start showing up in the shop.
  • It will not work against you to unlock a toon. Even if it did 5K wouldn't be enough to break your roster.

And unless you refresh the store you won't instantly 7* him no matter how much GET you saved.
  • Has your GE store refreshed yet?
  • Don’t characters unlock at a few hundred gp? Is it really going to make that much difference to you?
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    @MasterSeedy moved to Malak Event subforum
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Kookermader
    410 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    The current matchmaking system only takes into account the top end of your roster. Even if you activate Malak he isn't gonna affect your matchmaking until you gear and level him up.

But yes, you have to activate him for the shards to start showing up in the shop.
    This
    Danubiss wrote: »
    Don’t characters unlock at a few hundred gp? Is it really going to make that much difference to you?

Also, this.