Welcome Mark!

Replies

  • Welcome Mark. We'd love to hear your thoughts about adding a bar into the SWGOH road map.
  • BannedAllTheTime
    7 posts Member
    edited August 17
    Nihion wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Lol how he get over 5 million gp since 2017

    $$$$$

    He pays for his own salary.

    Imagine being a dev on SWGOH and then having to pay to play like the rest of us lol
  • CCyrilS
    2769 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Pros:
    +Plays the game regularly
    +Used to play from the outside in
    +Whales -- so is aware of how expensive / pricey this game is
    +Competitive endgame player (5 Million GP ) and working on Geo TB squads so he sees the same difficulty curve we do
    +Tries to enjoy the game (working on jawas)

    Cons:
    -7 Years of EA Sports, TellTale (episodic content)

    No surprise that we will end up getting someone that has a good resume in microtransaction history since this is one of the biggest moneymakers out there

    Jury is still out on whether he will be good or bad as far as paywall goes. If he's a daily player then he is aware of how largely accessible and free to play this game is, but at the same time, he knows things that pushes him over spending territory or things that can be done to limit F2P model as much as possible

    Solid points all. The only thing that concerns me a bit is his 5 million GP in two years. That sounds an awful lot like the "Tip of the spear" players. I realize there are launch whales higher than that, but for only two years, that's solid spending right there. I just hope he doesn't presume everyone "plays" swgoh like he does.

    Maybe he'd be willing to run a ftp alt as well?
  • So the new guy is interested in "making bread"... sounds like a true EA employee.
  • Monel
    1271 posts Member
    Here is the simple formula to keeping whales and ftp happy alike.

    Keep everything exclusive so only whales can unlock, but at the same time give everything away for free.

    Find that magic and people might finally be happy.
  • CCyrilS
    2769 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    Here is the simple formula to keeping whales and ftp happy alike.

    Keep everything exclusive so only whales can unlock, but at the same time give everything away for free.

    Find that magic and people might finally be happy.

    So only charge the whales? Great idea!
  • Its good to have a senior producer again who runs the show.
    However @Mark your last name ... is ingame of course banned by spellchecking nonsense .. . Its ****enson. Yes ... the word D i c k is removed. Small thing, but if your own name is invalid sthg gone have to be changed ....
  • welcome and good luck
  • Welcome! Just don’t read or post on twitter and reddit, because however bad this forum can be apparently ppl are even worse there😉
  • Satyg wrote: »
    Why on earth is he working on his Jawas? Rework coming?

    5M gp. He probably doesn't have many more things to work on.
    Which makes me think about something: 5M in 2 years. He's clearly a whale or a kraken. I'm worried if we f2p will suffer from now on.
  • No_Try
    3535 posts Member
    So when are they gonna reveal that next CG project? I foresee a mass migration in my crystal ball. That's how I arrived in this game (but never again).
  • Monel
    1271 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Here is the simple formula to keeping whales and ftp happy alike.

    Keep everything exclusive so only whales can unlock, but at the same time give everything away for free.

    Find that magic and people might finally be happy.

    So only charge the whales? Great idea!

    Not sure, but this may have gone over your head.
  • Can he post on Twitter and tell us home much we are supposed to spend? Thx
  • Generic congratulatory comment. And that came from the heart.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    So when are they gonna reveal that next CG project? I foresee a mass migration in my crystal ball. That's how I arrived in this game (but never again).

    Considering how long the Capital Games website has said they're working on another game with no updates, it could still be years away. I'm guessing this just caught people off guard, but it's not new information.
  • No_Try
    3535 posts Member
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    So when are they gonna reveal that next CG project? I foresee a mass migration in my crystal ball. That's how I arrived in this game (but never again).

    Considering how long the Capital Games website has said they're working on another game with no updates, it could still be years away. I'm guessing this just caught people off guard, but it's not new information.

    Ah it has always been there?

    On their previous game they first draw the main developer from the project. Forgot who that was. 2nd md was our very own cheat guy Lucifer's Daddy whom also ended up here. These happened within a year, but that game never had population this one has.
  • WiseJedi
    19 posts Member
    edited August 17
    Congrats to your new position. I wish you all the best and I think I can speak for the majority of us who are people who are loving Star Wars not as a game or a movie. It's something which can bring fans from country all over the world together. I'm looking forward to read a lot from you all.
    Finally I'd like to mention the devs and congrats them again for all their work and effort they put into this piece of game.
    I dunno if they read my post but I'd like to let them know that even I'm suprised that an mobile game could bring so much fun. I'm part in a guild with great people, people you can talk beside the game. A game which can produce happy feelings like the movies or joy like you have during the master piece of Star Wars Videogames (Jedi Knight, KotOR, X-Wing, Battlefront and many more)
    Hope we all enjoy this game many years and hope to see many new contents. Thank you dear devs and thank you dear community. Sorry for any grammatical mistakes. I'm not a native speaker. ;)
  • ZAP
    390 posts Member
    5 mil on just 2 years?

    Sorry all, this guy will never and I mean NEVER understand what it means to play this game FTP.

    Mark my words, the best times are behind us and the this next couple years will be absolutely ridiculous.

    This new Producer will bring us nothing but heart ache and pay walls.
  • Welcome Mark

    As someone interested in the story telling in games, how about we get a way of playing through the hero journeys more than just once ever?

    The CLS and RJT journeys are the closest thing we get to the films in this game, and each player (or account anyway) only gets to complete it once ever. Bummer.

    Anyway, best of luck!
  • SemiGod
    1381 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    5 mil on just 2 years?

    Sorry all, this guy will never and I mean NEVER understand what it means to play this game FTP.

    Mark my words, the best times are behind us and the this next couple years will be absolutely ridiculous.

    This new Producer will bring us nothing but heart ache and pay walls.

    I mean we already have a good 3 walls in front of us
  • Nauros
    2727 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    5 mil on just 2 years?

    Sorry all, this guy will never and I mean NEVER understand what it means to play this game FTP.

    Mark my words, the best times are behind us and the this next couple years will be absolutely ridiculous.

    This new Producer will bring us nothing but heart ache and pay walls.

    So... nothing new? At least we know for sure that he has firsthand experience with the endgame struggles, so pretty much every mature player should benefit. And I highly doubt that Carrie played ftp either.
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • Dk_rek
    3135 posts Member
    Good luck I hope you bring great things to this game MSWGOHGA.

    "cons" - Wants to be a breadmaker $$$$ I can see pack prices doubling (wink)
  • It's Monday 366 days a year around here buddy!
Sign In or Register to comment.