What Makes CLS Good?

Replies

• JacenRoe wrote: »
    If you're unfamiliar with a lot of these basics you're probably also unaware that he is part of a team that can solo the whole tank raid as well. I use JTR, BB8, C3PO, CLS and Finn. CLS giving the whole team turn meter on his unique is a vital part of that team.

Can you full auto it? I've found I have to manually do P1 and about half of P2 before pressing auto
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    flameon3k wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    If you're unfamiliar with a lot of these basics you're probably also unaware that he is part of a team that can solo the whole tank raid as well. I use JTR, BB8, C3PO, CLS and Finn. CLS giving the whole team turn meter on his unique is a vital part of that team.

Can you full auto it? I've found I have to manually do P1 and about half of P2 before pressing auto

I have to manually put daze (or put two stacks of confuse) on all the adds on p1, then I can auto almost all of it.

I need to tap the turrets while it autos p2. The stupid AI doesn't drop the turrets fast enough sometimes.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    @JacenRoe @crzydroid Just while we are having this conversation, for Squad Arena what Primary would you use on the Cross mod for CLS? I use Potency (so Buff Immunity sticks on GK or SiT) but I could see Offense being good there as well:

https://swgoh.gg/p/792672567/characters/commander-luke-skywalker

• This is what the forums should be like. A bunch of players helping out another player, no insults, no sarcasm.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • TangoSket wrote: »
    lladdir wrote: »
    TangoSket wrote: »
    Im fairly new just wondering, my CLS is g12+ and has all speed mods, is his speed just the number in white or the number in white as well as the blue one?
    It shows
    Speed: 193 (41)
    would that make the speed 234? Thanks
    Just the number in white, so 193.

Right so how do i make CLS have 230+ Speed? All mods are speed, 5/6 Dots.

230 is low. Top end mods get characters to like 330 speed.
  • Dryff wrote: »
    @JacenRoe @crzydroid Just while we are having this conversation, for Squad Arena what Primary would you use on the Cross mod for CLS? I use Potency (so Buff Immunity sticks on GK or SiT) but I could see Offense being good there as well:

https://swgoh.gg/p/792672567/characters/commander-luke-skywalker

He has 40% potency as a bonus from his unique on top of the 41% your g13 has naturally. So over 80% is plenty unless you're facing tanks modded for insane tenacity. Also his tenacity down debuff makes his potency less important on subsequent attacks.

I use an offense primary personally, but there aren't many bad choices for him. Quite versatile. I'm also running a crit damage set on him whereas you have a speed set. I like the damage, but it all depends on where and how you use him.
  • From what I understand you don't want the CLS team's debuffs to stick. You want them to be resisted for the TM which can make up for lack of speed. You really want as much top damage as possible on this team so when they hit and assist each blow is like Thor's new axe. Crazy enough a lot of the rebuffs still stick.
  • This is what the forums should be like. A bunch of players helping out another player, no insults, no sarcasm.

It's actually helpful!
  • lladdir
    146 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    From what I understand you don't want the CLS team's debuffs to stick. You want them to be resisted for the TM which can make up for lack of speed.

You don’t want the other members to land debuffs, you do want CLS to land his debuffs though. If CLS land both his debuffs he gives himself 20% tm, not landing the debuffs only gives him 10% tm. The rest of the team gets 10% either way. This also doesn’t include C-3PO being in the team which gives CLS 3 debuffs on his basic.
  • lladdir wrote: »
    From what I understand you don't want the CLS team's debuffs to stick. You want them to be resisted for the TM which can make up for lack of speed.

You don’t want the other members to land debuffs, you do want CLS to land his debuffs though. If CLS land both his debuffs he gives himself 20% tm, not landing the debuffs only gives him 10% tm. The rest of the team gets 10% either way. This also doesn’t include C-3PO being in the team which gives CLS 3 debuffs on his basic.

Yeah, I did consider that. It seems like a catch22 because if he applies tenacity down then everyone can debuff that toon. But how can he apply tenacity down with low potency.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Not to mention Chewie applies Tenacity Down with his basic so every Guard assist, every counter just quickly spreads it to the whole enemy team.

I have R2 just slightly faster than CLS. Han opens and hits the critical enemy, R2 uses improvise, ideally getting at least one resist before Tenacity Down spreads, TM boost for whole team. Works really well against JKR teams. 5 resists right off the bat. Guarantees my CLS goes next. Call to Action to apply Tenacity Down again to someone else (from Chewie Assist) then CLS is free to hit anyone on the opposing team.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Not to mention Chewie applies Tenacity Down with his basic so every Guard assist, every counter just quickly spreads it to the whole enemy team.

I've never really had an issue with the whole debuff tm thing, my rhs and chewie usually kill a toon on the initial opening shoot first thing, especially if It's a sith squad and they have no protection. My R2 and Old Ben are severely undergeared, like G9/10, so they're essentially cannon fodder, except for R2's stuns (Which actually tend to rack up when R2 assists/counters so often) and Old bens ability block + Tm removal.

Just a question, what does burning do? I never know when to use R2's damaging special as I've never really seen the point in it.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Burning - lose 15% Max Health per turn and evasion drops to absolute minimum RNG chance.

Gear up R2. He buffs everyone else's health, protection, potency, and offense on the team from his Zeta.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

I have R2 just slightly faster than CLS. Han opens and hits the critical enemy, R2 uses improvise, ideally getting at least one resist before Tenacity Down spreads, TM boost for whole team. Works really well against JKR teams. 5 resists right off the bat. Guarantees my CLS goes next. Call to Action to apply Tenacity Down again to someone else (from Chewie Assist) then CLS is free to hit anyone on the opposing team.

Just shoot Jolee with Han. Guaranteed three resists and 15% TM.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    Burning - lose 15% Max Health per turn and evasion drops to absolute minimum RNG chance.

Gear up R2. He buffs everyone else's health, protection, potency, and offense on the team from his Zeta.

Which zeta?
    Also thanks for explanation lol
  • TVF wrote: »

Is this sarcasm or not genuinely can't tell
  • Which is usually what I do, then add in improvise or smokescreen depending on whether anyone on the enemy team happened to get a turn. Usually the opening shot is enough to get Jolee close to triggering Savior.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Number Crunch.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

It's not. I feel like you have ignored advice from me in this thread previously (see the mod guide I posted) so I will stop trying to help you. Good luck.
  • TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

It's not. I feel like you have ignored advice from me in this thread previously (see the mod guide I posted) so I will stop trying to help you. Good luck.

That's all cool and good but I apologise if you feel i'm ignoring your advice, I assure you I am not. I took your advice on the mods and i'll have you know it was genuinely helpful. I'm incredibly naive and if that comes off as offensive then I apologise.
  • lladdir wrote: »

Yeah, I did consider that. It seems like a catch22 because if he applies tenacity down then everyone can debuff that toon. But how can he apply tenacity down with low potency.

Just so you know tenacity down can’t be resisted.
  • @TangoSket Jolee naturally has high enough tenacity without the Tenacity Up buff that he'll still resist the TM reduction and extra debuffs from C3PO during Han's "Shoot First". This is even after Chewie applied Tenacity Down with his assist, because Han's second shot "should" reduce TM but Jolee's base tenacity plus his unique is so high he resists anyway.
    @TangoSket Jolee naturally has high enough tenacity without the Tenacity Up buff that he'll still resist the TM reduction and extra debuffs from C3PO during Han's "Shoot First". This is even after Chewie applied Tenacity Down with his assist, because Han's second shot "should" reduce TM but Jolee's base tenacity plus his unique is so high he resists anyway.

Ahh ok I see thanks
    @TangoSket Jolee naturally has high enough tenacity without the Tenacity Up buff that he'll still resist the TM reduction and extra debuffs from C3PO during Han's "Shoot First". This is even after Chewie applied Tenacity Down with his assist, because Han's second shot "should" reduce TM but Jolee's base tenacity plus his unique is so high he resists anyway.

Wait hold on does this mean Jolee won't be stunned?
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    No the stun is irresistible. Unless they're "immune to stun" like shooting the opponent's Han if he's guarded.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member

Just so you know tenacity down can’t be resisted.

Correct. I believe the devs stated this outright when that debuff was first added.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Potency isn't that necessary on CLS. Tenacity down can't be resisted, and as for the buff immunity and tmr, gets 40% from his unique. If you have g13 and a potency set, that will get you over 100%. Even without g13 having a set should get you a good amount with the +40 to override most tenacity.

I have a tenacity cross right now because it fits in with my speed requirements while keeping him as a the Guarded ally. My thinking is that offense is ideal.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    I don't know either.

I mean why do people think CLS is a god team when they're countered by Geonosians?
  • As a single toon, he’s good but not that incredible. (Incredible for raids alone) Its when you pair him up with Han, Chewie, and R2 that he becomes meta. C3-P0 makes them even better, but even something like CLS, Han, Chewie, R2, and Thrawn make an incredible team that gets pretty high in Squad Arena.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Kristian wrote: »
    As a single toon, he’s good but not that incredible. (Incredible for raids alone) Its when you pair him up with Han, Chewie, and R2 that he becomes meta. C3-P0 makes them even better, but even something like CLS, Han, Chewie, R2, and Thrawn make an incredible team that gets pretty high in Squad Arena.

Geonosians