Need Help:

cournojo
31 posts Member
edited August 2019
Hi Everyone,

I just completed the LIGHT SIDE part for the Malak event and I am not able to try for the DARK one yet since my last character (CANDEROUS ORDO) is currently at 17244. I am not able to give him his zeta and I am only one gear piece short of making him G12.

I am missing the Mk4 Sienar Holo Projector
9cflrtfa85p2.png

Beside the Sith/Tank raid, is there anywhere I can buy this gear

Replies

• cournojo wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I just completed the LIGHT SIDE part for the Malak event and I am not able to try for the DARK one yet since my last character (CANDEROUS ORDO) is currently at 17244. I am not able to give him his zeta and I am only one gear piece short of making him G12.

9cflrtfa85p2.png

It shows up in the shipments for crystals I believe.
  • looks like the weekly shipment store currently has them for 2800 crystals

also looks like there is a $30 pack with some gear (the MKIV included)

the MKIV salvage looks to be raid only (unless it appears in a store where the inventory is random)
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Slippyfist wrote: »
    cournojo wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

9cflrtfa85p2.png

It shows up in the shipments for crystals I believe.

he has to need the cuffs..... because no one is missing mk 4 holo's

OP.... 6* mods available ?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    It may not be enough, but if you give him all gold mods, it MIGHT be enough to get him to 17.5k. I think I had to add 1 g12 piece to him though.
  • looks like the weekly shipment store currently has them for 2800 crystals

also looks like there is a $30 pack with some gear (the MKIV included)

the MKIV salvage looks to be raid only (unless it appears in a store where the inventory is random)

Best possible use of your 30$
  • VonZant wrote: »
    It may not be enough, but if you give him all gold mods, it MIGHT be enough to get him to 17.5k. I think I had to add 1 g12 piece to him though.

I already gave him all gold mods.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »

Without the zeta you need either 6* mods or at least one (possibly 2? not certain) g12 piece(s).
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

Without the zeta you need either 6* mods or at least one (possibly 2? not certain) g12 piece(s).

One should be enough; top of my head I think G12+ pieces add around 500 power each.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    please for the love of all that is holy check and make sure it's not the stun cuff your missing don't waste 1400 crystals....

(I'm only saying this cause almost no one needs mk 4 holos)

• yeah, the 2800 crystal deal sounds like your best bet.

Otherwise, if you're needing the Stun Cuffs but having everything else for the equipment, stun cuffs are constantly cycling through various stores and are also available to farm from normal nodes in LS/DS and Fleet battles. Putting off all other farming, you can get:

240 LS/DS energy/day normal

45 x 3 = 135 energy/day bonus = 375 LS/DS energy, or 37 attempts at a stun cuff node.

3 x 50 crystal refresh = 360 energy = 36 more attempts.

Fleet energy gives you 240 normal + 45 bonus = 28 more attempts

3 x 50 crystal refresh = 360 energy = 36 more attempts.

In 24 hours, you should be able to get about 135 attempts. This should get you a low of 20 and a high of 45 stun cuffs.

Together with other sources of stun cuffs, even though it's random, you might be able to get 50+ total or you might get stuck around 25-30 with bad luck.

But you have 34 hours left for Malak, which means you can get in an extra 3 refreshes of each kind of energy. Drop Rates were lowered in Fleet when they doubled the energy recovery rate, but that's still an extra 10 stun cuffs easy.

Now you're at 35-40 stun cuffs gained in your worst case scenario. All this for 600 crystals (which is much less than 700 crystals per 25 in the store), and you get your first 25 for only daily energy + 300 crystals.

So assuming you only need stun cuffs, one day of solid farming + 300 crystals should get you at least halfway, with a possible 700 crystals to buy 25 more stun cuffs from shipments if you needed a full 50 salvage and got bad luck.

That's 1000 crystals total, which represents a huge savings over the 2800 crystal option.

Again, you might need Mk4 Holo salvage too, in which case maybe just spend the 2800 crystals (and spend cash to get the crystals, if you need to), but if not, I think you can do this pretty handily. Most players at this level have 1000 crystals laying around all the time. (I almost never dip below 5k, and I spend them rather than hoard them). So I hope something like this strategy will work for you.
  • Wow.. you can't give gold mods to anything lower than G12...
  • cournojo wrote: »

Wxrlock wrote: »
    Wow.. you can't give gold mods to anything lower than G12...

Yeah, he's right, you can't give anything under gear 12 six-dot mods
  • Some call it yellow, other call it gold. He doesn't have 6 dots on the but all yellow. Really not rocket science..
  • VonZant wrote: »

Mine is G11 with 5 pieces. I haven't added any since the first time the event came.

G11 +5 + gold mods gets you there with no zeta.
  • @cournojo

So how are you doing? Got it? Or going to get it?