Get Top 3 in Tank Raid 3 Times

2Next

Replies

• Ultra wrote: »
    Yeah some of these quests are outdated over time. The last quest for Jedi Master requires you to earn rank 1 in the hAAT

What will happen when the tank battle becomes simmable? See my long post above...

Well then you'll have to communicate with your guild is all.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »

I mentioned this in my numerous posts already....

Imagine having to ask your guild leadership to NOT sim the tank battles at least 9 times just for you to do these quests or having to leave your guild because you are a completionist and have a mild case of OCD.

Now image if you were part of a guild's leadership. You get the news that the Tank raid is now simmable. You are happy as you and the rest of your guild don't have waste time doing it for the uninspired rewards.

Little Johnny in your guild send you a message saying, "Hey boss man, I just started the Jedi Knight/Master quests and I need you to not sim the tank raid for the next 9 times"... You now have a choice, be a really mean guild leader and tell Johnny "too bad so sad" or have to do the tank raid manually 9 more times...arg!

You also then think hmmmm, if Johnny needs to do it, maybe little Steve needs to do it as well in a few weeks/months from now. What a pain in the rear end!

I also mentioned a couple of possible solutions. Feel free to read the whole thread from the very beginning.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Alternatively use the random rank each player is assigned to when they sign up for the raid. Otherwise all 50 guild members would have completed the challenge after 3 raids.

Look at the requirements again.

Jedi Knight 4/4 - Earn rank 10 or higher 5 times in the HAAT Raid
    Jedi Master 1/4 - Earn rank 3 or Better 3 times in the HAAT Raid
    Jedi Master 4/4 - Earn Rank 1 in the HAAT Raid

Even if a person gets 1st place, It will still take 14 raids.

Check the title if the discussion again, please. (Top 3 3 times)

Furthermore, if all, who solo the raid, get 1st rank, potentially all 50 members of a guild could complete all of those challenges within 14 raids - not just 1 person.

I don't think that's the prefered way of doing things, either.
    At least my way, everybody gets the same first place "great" rewards. No downside for anybody....

And I'm sure this is not the prefered way either. Simming Rancor raids don't yield the usual non-simmed rank 1 rewards for everyone. Why should hAAT?

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    You could have random rank for purposes of these quests while everybody still gets the same rewards.

The problem with this is what I stated before. Imagine you are on that final quest. You need to be # 1 to complete it. You have a 1/50 chance to be # 1. You could be lucky and it could happen right away, or it could "never" happen. You are never guaranteed to be # 1, its always 1/50.

In theory, you could do the tank raid 100 times over a year and never once be # 1 as its always a 1/50 chance.

My solution is to designate everyone as # 1 and give identical rewards. It doesn't have to be actual first place rewards, just DESIGNATE everyone as # 1.

Which still lets all 50 members complete the challenge within 3 raids - something which would take at least 50 raids with the current implementation.

I mentioned this in my numerous posts already....

Imagine having to ask your guild leadership to NOT sim the tank battles at least 9 times just for you to do these quests or having to leave your guild because you are a completionist and have a mild case of OCD.

Now image if you were part of a guild's leadership. You get the news that the Tank raid is now simmable. You are happy as you and the rest of your guild don't have waste time doing it for the uninspired rewards.

Little Johnny in your guild send you a message saying, "Hey boss man, I just started the Jedi Knight/Master quests and I need you to not sim the tank raid for the next 9 times"... You now have a choice, be a really mean guild leader and tell Johnny "too bad so sad" or have to do the tank raid manually 9 more times...arg!

You also then think hmmmm, if Johnny needs to do it, maybe little Steve needs to do it as well in a few weeks/months from now. What a pain in the rear end!

I also mentioned a couple of possible solutions. Feel free to read the whole thread from the very beginning.

Yeah, we did that. It's really not that hard. If you're able to sim the raid then you aren't desperate for the rewards. Just do it, it's really not a big deal.
    Yeah, we did that. It's really not that hard. If you're able to sim the raid then you aren't desperate for the rewards. Just do it, it's really not a big deal.

"Yeah, we did that", yeah you did what? You cannot sim the tank raid at the moment.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    Why are these challenges in the game? Got my full solo in first today, wound up in 6th after the rest of my guild soloed it. These need to be updated, they’re unachievable.

They require coordination with your guild. Just ask for it
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    And I'm sure this is not the prefered way either. Simming Rancor raids don't yield the usual non-simmed rank 1 rewards for everyone. Why should hAAT?

I seem to be repeating myself. I do not want first place rewards. Never did I say this.

I will try to be more clear, in the eventuality that the Tank Raid becomes simmable, all I am suggesting is for is for the participants to be ***designated*** as in, given the rank of 1st place, so as to not make the four quests tied to the ranking system (in quotes) "impossible" to complete for those players who are interested completing them. The rewards can be whatever CG deems them appropriate.

"Yeah, we did that", yeah you did what? You cannot sim the tank raid at the moment.

You can sim the Rancor, though. Someone in my old guild (All my real life friends quit the game, so now I have a new one) needed to finish 1st in the Rancor for some reason. They asked, we disabled the sim, it launched, he got 1st. Someone else asked if they could do it next time, we did it the next time, too. Then we re-enabled simming.

As I said, it's not that hard. They asked, we turned sims off for a week. Hooray!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

I seem to be repeating myself. I do not want first place rewards. Never did I say this.

Ok, I believe I just misunderstood this:
    If the tank raid is simmed, everyone gets designated as a 1st place "winner"! Everyone gets the same <insert sarcasm> "fantastic" rewards ....

... and this:
    At least my way, everybody gets the same first place "great" rewards. No downside for anybody....

Apparently you meant, that everybody should be rewarded the same average/equalized rewards and noone would get the "fantastic" 1st place rewards of the tank raid.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Still:

How would you handle, that a whole guild could potentialy complete challenges in a matter of a few raids, when with the current design, it would take a whole lot more raids for all of them to complete those challenges?
    As I said, it's not that hard. They asked, we turned sims off for a week. Hooray!

Turning off the rancor sim one time for one person is no big deal at all. I'll give you and your guild props for doing so to help your guild member out.

In the eventual case of simmable tank raid, if CG does not give everyone a rank, it won't be once but at least 9 times. If second member, third, forth etc is not doing the quests at the exact same time, then you could potentially have to manually do the tank raid another 9 times and then another and so forth.

I suppose for a really dedicated guild, you could try to organize it so multiple people could be getting the benefits at the same time, but that seems to be a huge pain in the rear end that could be avoided so easily.

• LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Apparently you meant, that everybody should be rewarded the same average/equalized rewards and noone would get the "fantastic" 1st place rewards of the tank raid.

Exactly. That is what happens right now with the simmed Rancor raid. The only difference I am suggesting is to give everyone a 1st place rank. That's all.
    How would you handle, that a whole guild could potentialy complete challenges in a matter of a few raids, when with the current design, it would take a whole lot more raids for all of them to complete those challenges?

What is there to handle? I don't understand what you are asking.

As I have already stated, there are more conditions to meet in the 8 Jedi Knight/Master quests then just getting a high ranking in the tank raid. Even if if my proposed solution where to happen, there is no way for a person to finish all 8 or even just the 3 quests (the ones that need a high ranking) in a few weeks. See for yourself, https://swgoh.gg/db/quests/?type=4

For example, lets say you are at Jedi Knight Quest 4 of 4.

Jedi Training- Get 10 Jedi characters to Gear tier XI
    Top 10 Heroic AAT - Earn Rank 10 or better 5 times in Heroic AAT
    Aggressive Negotiations - Win 4 Territory Wars

Nobody can win 4 TWs in a few weeks! It would take at least a month. :)