Starter teams in Arena.....

My daughter is now playing SWGOH - she’s broadly working on Warriors 1st pillar
So Phoenix, Veers, Range, Starck and Boba right now.
She was asking me if Imperial Troopers are good in Arena....I don’t think so?
Maybe with Thrawn Lead? And Range Trooper etc?

Any Trooper fanatics prepared to comment? :)

Replies

• crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Eh, not so much. Maybe for a bit at lower levels. Usually good for clearing NS.
  • Dinotank46
    553 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    When I use troopers I use veers(L), range, snowtrooper, starck if she doesn't have him then use stormtrooper then magma or death trooper
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    At below level 85 on a new shard just about any heavily synergistic team could be top 20 competitive offensively. Defense however they would drop down fast if it isn't a NS, Phoenix, Empire, Jango led BH, and so on.

I would be more pressed to think:
    How can I be top in
    1. Squad
    2. Fleet
    3. GAC in the future
  • Imp Troopers are actually really good. They can get pretty high in Squad Arena and are an amazing team in GAC. My preferred team is:
    Veers Lead
    Range Trooper
    Starck
    Magmatrooper
    Shoretrooper/Death Trooper
  • I've heard they are good against NS.

The whole Veers/Range part of Warrior's first pillar is one of the few things I'm not sure I'd agree with.

I could totally be wrong but it seems like the energy spent on them might be better used going towards something else, today, in 2019, when there are so many other demands for legendary characters & end game teams. I'm not sure a Troopers team is a "requirement" in today's game anymore as a new player.
    Plenty of veterans have them for TB & it seems like just one more distraction for a new person to get bogged down with.

I don't know how close to Hard L5 Light/Dark she is but at that point your opening up OR characters and even the Rey/Falcon node which to me are much more important farms.

PS. Don't forget about Credit Heists & having 3 scoundrels open at low stars to pull off the first 2 tiers of that.
  • I wouldn’t invest in Imperial Troopers. Against more recently reworked teams they simply can’t stand up. They are effective specifically as a counter to Nightsisters, which is helpful most often in Territory’s War.
  • I wouldn’t invest in Imperial Troopers. Against more recently reworked teams they simply can’t stand up. They are effective specifically as a counter to Nightsisters, which is helpful most often in Territory’s War.

@Shadowscream so what @Slothmaster is saying is it would be better to invest in a more versatile NS counter, that is more of a meta team like EP. Or!!!!! Go NS also. Mirror matches are won by gear mods and strategy. NS is a great GAC team.

@Shadowscream so what @Slothmaster is saying is it would be better to invest in a more versatile NS counter, that is more of a meta team like EP. Or!!!!! Go NS also. Mirror matches are won by gear mods and strategy. NS is a great GAC team.

Or clone troopers since they are getting reworked. You saw what they did to geos and how geos are now good clone troopers are going to be viable
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA