What Makes CLS Good?

13Next

Replies

• SemiGod wrote: »
    Kristian wrote: »
    As a single toon, he’s good but not that incredible. (Incredible for raids alone) Its when you pair him up with Han, Chewie, and R2 that he becomes meta. C3-P0 makes them even better, but even something like CLS, Han, Chewie, R2, and Thrawn make an incredible team that gets pretty high in Squad Arena.

Geonosians

Quakers
    Kristian wrote: »
    As a single toon, he’s good but not that incredible. (Incredible for raids alone) Its when you pair him up with Han, Chewie, and R2 that he becomes meta. C3-P0 makes them even better, but even something like CLS, Han, Chewie, R2, and Thrawn make an incredible team that gets pretty high in Squad Arena.

Geonosians

Quakers

Respectfully disagree
  • Karlito
    58 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    SemiGod wrote: »
    I don't know either.

I mean why do people think CLS is a god team when they're countered by Geonosians?

I'm not having any trouble killing geos in arena and my cls doesn't even have his lead zeta yet. Those geo teams had both Zetas and most of char g12 but not all of them. I'm not sure they are a cls counter ?
    Edit : or maybe it's different in offense ?
  • Karlito wrote: »
    I don't know either.

I mean why do people think CLS is a god team when they're countered by Geonosians?

I'm not having any trouble killing geos in arena and my cls doesn't even have his lead zeta yet. Those geo teams had both Zetas and most of char g12 but not all of them. I'm not sure they are a cls counter ?
    Edit : or maybe it's different in offense ?

CLS is a counter to everything just about. What was said though is that bugs can take CLS rebels.
  • With the right mods many teams can win on offense. So the argument of "but X can beat Y" isn't as critical as "X holds against Y"
  • TangoSket wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @TangoSket Jolee naturally has high enough tenacity without the Tenacity Up buff that he'll still resist the TM reduction and extra debuffs from C3PO during Han's "Shoot First". This is even after Chewie applied Tenacity Down with his assist, because Han's second shot "should" reduce TM but Jolee's base tenacity plus his unique is so high he resists anyway.

Wait hold on does this mean Jolee won't be stunned?

I just want to clarify this a little bit - the standard CLS counter to JKR does involve shooting Jolee with Han's shoot first, as TVF said.

Jolee will be stunned, but the 15% TM given by CLS's lead zeta comes from Jolee resisting the exposes granted by 3PO to Rebels when they use their basics (two from Han, one from Chewie). Jolee is immune to TMR, so that won't register as an attempted debuff.
  • TangoSket wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @TangoSket Jolee naturally has high enough tenacity without the Tenacity Up buff that he'll still resist the TM reduction and extra debuffs from C3PO during Han's "Shoot First". This is even after Chewie applied Tenacity Down with his assist, because Han's second shot "should" reduce TM but Jolee's base tenacity plus his unique is so high he resists anyway.

Wait hold on does this mean Jolee won't be stunned?

I just want to clarify this a little bit - the standard CLS counter to JKR does involve shooting Jolee with Han's shoot first, as TVF said.

Jolee will be stunned, but the 15% TM given by CLS's lead zeta comes from Jolee resisting the exposes granted by 3PO to Rebels when they use their basics (two from Han, one from Chewie). Jolee is immune to TMR, so that won't register as an attempted debuff.

I just watched a video on this yesterday. I liked the idea of getting GMY to yellow health to make Jolee burn his heal revive without reviving. Smart strategy

Geonosians

What about them?
  • Why hasn't anyone given the most accurate answer: he is Darth Vader's son.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Why hasn't anyone given the most accurate answer: he is Darth Vader's son.

Well technically Kenobi > Vader so I guess CLS is as good as Old Ben.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

Vader>kenobi tho.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »

Vader>kenobi tho.

Yeah, Vader had a lot more time to get stronger in adulthood.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

Vader>kenobi tho.

Well Kenobi killed Anakin so...

And Old Ben let Vader kill him so...

Kenobi > Vader.