How does one properly mod a SiM

HK666
1263 posts Member
I've heard he absolutely crushes on a SE team, but I've got all the g12 peices on the left and he doesn't so much. It's not bad damage per se, but very lackluster and rarely enough to feel like it makes a difference.

My Marauder has 211 speed, 186% crit damage, and 3464 damage. I'm assuming I just gotta remod for more offense?

I've got Malak now, so SiM will probably only be used in raids, but I'd still like to boost his performance.

Replies

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Crit damage set AND crit damage primary on the triangle which should be sliced to 6dot. You only have 186%.

Offense primaries on the cross, square, and arguably the arrow if you have one with high speed secondary stats. All 6dot.

As many offense secondary stats (flat and %) as you can possibly find on the above mentioned mods.
  • He also doesn't really need any speed. I'd sacrifice any speed you have on him for more offense.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    When I promoted him I just pulled GMY mods off of him and slotted in a crit damage triangle. I just put 2 right side pieces on him today but even before that he could crit for 165k with 10 stacks of ferocity. I usually use his basic first then special for second move if I am hitting Malak. But with 5 stacks he can kill DR very easily with a first turn special.

Here is mine after the 2 right side pieces today. Offense set with CD triangle:

s3i6y5kbgjgq.png
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    He also doesn't really need any speed. I'd sacrifice any speed you have on him for more offense.

Disagree.

While offense is more important, you still need speed. He only gets turn meter when an ally gains a buff outside their turn. A slow Sith Marauder is a useless Sith Marauder.

While true, I was thinking more along the lines of him gaining offense for every debuff present. If you let both SE teams take some turns before Marauder goes, you'll hit that much harder.

Malak negates that TM gain, anyway (and it's when "an enemy uses an ability outside of their turn", which is pretty much just SiT countering in the current meta).
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Just remembering the damage from CD vs Offense graph, the interpolation assymes you are going all in on CD and not just the triangle to beat offense sets at 65-95 CC. Below 65% CC they all pretty much have comparable damage. So the question is: what is your CC at? If it is below 65%, just put your best mods you can on it. I never go CD sets if I can't get the toon above 50% CC. Unless you are getting CC from another source on your team your total damage output is approximately equal, and there would be other things you could consider then. Can you up his speed and keep approximately the same CC swapping all your CD for more CC + offense? Would more potency/tenacity/prot/health help him on your team? If you're not breaking 65% CC then you're parsing hairs worrying about CD vs. Offense either way.

w4hgrili13jw.jpg
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    Crit damage set AND crit damage primary on the triangle which should be sliced to 6dot. You only have 186%.

Offense primaries on the cross, square, and arguably the arrow if you have one with high speed secondary stats. All 6dot.

As many offense secondary stats (flat and %) as you can possibly find on the above mentioned mods.

Offense and Crit Chance >

Not if your crit chance is high.
    Just remembering the damage from CD vs Offense graph, the interpolation assymes you are going all in on CD and not just the triangle to beat offense sets at 65-95 CC. Below 65% CC they all pretty much have comparable damage. So the question is: what is your CC at? If it is below 65%, just put your best mods you can on it. I never go CD sets if I can't get the toon above 50% CC. Unless you are getting CC from another source on your team your total damage output is approximately equal, and there would be other things you could consider then. Can you up his speed and keep approximately the same CC swapping all your CD for more CC + offense? Would more potency/tenacity/prot/health help him on your team? If you're not breaking 65% CC then you're parsing hairs worrying about CD vs. Offense either way.

w4hgrili13jw.jpg

Realistically, Sith Marauder is going to crit almost 100% of the time under Revan. Revan lead gives him 10% crit chance per debuff on himself. He will always get 5 at the beginning of his turns and he'll have 10+ when Revan does his AoE lightning. In normal gameplay mine vacillates between 50-150% bonus crit chance from Revan lead on top of his natural crit chance. Possibly more if the other team debuffs him too.

And his own unique gives him 2% crit chance per debuff on anyone. There are regularly 50-100 debuffs on the field in a Revan vs Revan mirror match.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    My only issue with a CD set + CD triangle is that it makes him weaker vs JKR and Padme teams because they get a lot of crit immunity. He can still one-shot g13 Malak with O set + CD triangle, so thats my preference. IMHO.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    VonZant wrote: »
    My only issue with a CD set + CD triangle is that it makes him weaker vs JKR and Padme teams because they get a lot of crit immunity. He can still one-shot g13 Malak with O set + CD triangle, so thats my preference. IMHO.

Totally valid. But that may vary depending on how you use him. For me there are zero Padme and JKR teams in my arena. It is a solid Darth Revan wall. Nothing but mirror matches. Occasionally someone climbing with a GG nuke squad before putting Revan back in to defend. I might mod Marauder differently if there were a mix.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Crazygone is using SiM like 1 year bruh. You just heard? I didn't knew it was a secret. It one shots Malak. But he definitely has problem with my GG lol
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    My Sith Marauder hits for 140k+ damage on some G13 characters with his special attack.

I've hit Malak for 210k on his special, and over 100k (I think maybe as high as 120k?) on his basic.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    My g12 Maurader can hit g13 Malak for 165k, so I'm sure TVFs G13 can hit for way more. He gets a lot of damage from right side gear.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    My Sith Marauder hits for 140k+ damage on some G13 characters with his special attack.

I've hit Malak for 210k on his special, and over 100k (I think maybe as high as 120k?) on his basic.

What are your mods?

Is your Sith Marauder G13?

Were those hits on G13 characters?

TVF

You can check my gg.

Yes.

Yes.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Are you opening with AOE shock from DR to build ferocity?

Also helps if they have some ferocity.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    How fast is very fast ;)
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    @JacenRoe I'd rather stack offense than an additional 30% Critical Damage. Keep in mind that Sith Marauder's unique also gives him additional offense for debuffs, not to mention so do the additional stacks of Ferocity. Stack those with an Offense modset and you've got a winner.

Crit damage also compounds with offense. It's not actually clear that an offense set is better on him. Instead of doing the math on that specific character (with all the uniques and bonuses added in), on toons that always crit I lean CD as long as your opponents aren't immune.