QGJ or Poe Focus?

I'm looking for a suggestion on who to focus on for farming.

Currently: Lum 6*, Sid 6*, QGJ 5*, Asajj 6*, Vader 4*, Poe 4* (all geared to 7.5)

I'm wondering if I should focus on Poe before QGJ. I know long term I'll need Poe, but was thinking of getting QGJ to 6, then going full boar for Poe.

Thanks for any help. I'm relatively new to the game and it's my first post.

Replies

• Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Welcome to the Forums! :)

Personally I use Poe over QGJ, but since Royal Guard became a very viable tank with the last patch it's reasonable to leave Poe out completely.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Go for QGJ. He is fast and strong ( currently meta leader ) and fun toon to have. Poe was nerfed a bit so he can wait.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Personally I'd finish QGJ first.
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    QGJ is a good choice for his leader ability. Also you need a high star Jedi for Yoda event. So i would say QGJ. Poe is usually used in droid synergy currently. If you want droids it is definitely Poe.
  • Ello_Asty
    562 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Poe is viable at 5* for a long time. Like most chars, he fits better with certain team compositions but he can work in any pretty well. He is not just for droid teams. Also, not everybody cares about Yoda. I'll get him whenever I get him. I am not wasting valuable resources to build up 5 toons I won't use just to get one and then have to build them up. Nope. Not happening.

My suggestion: Get Poe to 5*, then finish up QGJ.

Oh, and don't waste your resources on Vader. You put a bunch of chars around him that can put up debuffs so he can take one big swing and then be mostly useless except for tapping someone on the shoulder and saying no ability use for one turn. For who he is, he is the most disappointing of all the heroes. Especially when others take big swings every turn without a set up.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Thanks for the kind, immediate welcome and responses. Vader has been strong and tanky, so I figured I could keep him in the Poe spot for awhile. I like the idea of chasing my Jedi. Him and Lum have been great. I'm hoping with a little luck I'll be getting 5* Yoda next month (fingers crossed).

Since Vader's limited by shards, any suggestions of who to add/build? I know Asajj isn't as powerful in the upper echelons either. Royal Guard seems to be getting lots of love but is so hard to farm. Akbar? 5555s?

Thanks again y'all
  • Asajj is great on offense and you can make it to upper echelons with her. The AI plays her terrible on defense is the problem but there really isn't any defense on this game. I'd say that you are on the right path. Royal Guard is good but you already have a good tank. 5's does not hit very hard at all. I regretted working on him. Poggle, Geonosian Soldier, Daka, Rey, pilots, there are a lot of good chars out there.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Most servers have 7+ of top 12 squads led by QGJ. Not that Poe is bad, but it can't get more essential than Qui Gon.
  • Ello_Asty wrote: »
    Asajj is great on offense and you can make it to upper echelons with her. The AI plays her terrible on defense is the problem but there really isn't any defense on this game. I'd say that you are on the right path. Royal Guard is good but you already have a good tank. 5's does not hit very hard at all. I regretted working on him. Poggle, Geonosian Soldier, Daka, Rey, pilots, there are a lot of good chars out there.

Thanks for that too. Good to know she can still help me and be improved. I love her offense. I also like what you said about Vader. He's worked well enough to make my jump but know he limits a further one. That's why I was thinking of getting Poe to 5 as you suggested.

I agree about Yoda. I already had JC at 6, plus started farming Mace a long time ago...didn't realize how good Geno was early on...so I'm conveniently almost prepped for the competition. I'll get back on Geno and Rey. Daka after Poe and QGJ.