Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

• JMFT
    31 posts Member
    The crazy number there is the g13 gap, how is that not part of the MM algorithm?
  • Please restart the GA and fix the matchmaking
  • 1ac4d3b3f3b45469fb40018c78aa4e62e4b98a1f14c928e8de8e102162f27f1a.jpg
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • JMFT
    31 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Vicarious wrote: »
    No clue. These guys (CG) have absolutely no clue what they are doing and if they do the only explanation is their greed... plain and simple!
    To be fair, that guy is going to be div 1 regardless which means somebody has to get matched with him till he breaks out. Not that I don’t get your frustrations with everyone being reset so we have to go through getting matched with players like that all over again. What a cluster 👊
  • For the players that spent crystal or gear or zetas before the GAC lock is there any plans of compensation past the 150 crystal? Should we submit an individual ticket? I understand this is a game but it is one we are highly invested in time and/or money and understand mistakes happen but equal recompense should be part of the recovery process.

Eth
  • JMFT
    31 posts Member
    If it’s important enough for you to wait an hour or more for a chat to open on EA’s support page. They do have a receive a phone call option.
  • So glad they got that matchmaking worked out and I can play against 7 players with Dark Revan when I don't have one. 4 of those 7 have a Malak to go with their DR. Of those 4, 2 are gear 13 Malaks. I don't yet have a single gear 13 character. Yep gotta love that matchmaking fix they did. Sure it is total GP of X number of characters but when you weigh a gear 12 Revan only a 100 points behind a gear 13 DR sure they are going to look close.
  • JMFT
    31 posts Member
    I wasn’t saying you are wrong, just the way they have the divisions set up somebody was going to get matched with that guy. I’m sure they were prepared for people being **** about the MM after the reset. Point being you are upset and they are fine with that, CG expected backlash. Doesn’t make it right though.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    How about a credit heist or a credit pack in the store for the millions and millions of credits across the game people spent modding for this thing..... and now back to ships and arena ohhhhhhh mil here n there ohhhhh GAC back 2 mil bavk to GAC

Seriously
  • JMFT
    31 posts Member
    I feel bad for all the people panic gearing their shinny new Malak before player lock. Bet they sold a crap ton of those 99$ gear packs. Those folks have got to be livid
  • JMFT
    31 posts Member
    Unless they start a new GA tonight or in the morning.
  • Totally underwhelming compensation for folks that rush-farmed (i.e. used crystals and/or bought energy refreshes) to add last-minute gear to level up certain characters before player lock.
  • JMFT
    31 posts Member
    Oh you spent 200$ to get swole for GAC, our bad, here’s 1.99$ for your troubles.🤭
  • JMFT wrote: »
    Oh you spent 200$ to get swole for GAC, our bad, here’s 1.99$ for your troubles.🤭

This.
  • This game is a disaster. I said it multiple times - they just letting it die and with their bad testing and QA they just accelerate the dying process
  • JMFT wrote: »
    seems your on a crusade here so I’ll give you some context, I only drop to the teens in arena overnight. To make the feats easier I put in a crap team to drop down low enough that I can get the 15 battles on my climb. It’s for convenience and I’m sure lots of others do the same. One day I will have the patience of a saint like yourself, until then I’ll spend the 2$ in crystals to get it done in one shot rather than 2 battles a day. Sorry to have inconvenienced you with my frustration.

No crusade here just responding to people like u claiming to have spend 3 refreshes to complete a week long feat in 1 day.

I'm actually trying to help you save Crystal's by pointing out the fact that buying refreshes on your part was an absolute waste of crystals and there was no need to complete the 15 fleet battles in 1 day. All u need to do is win 2 to 3 battles a day and you can complete it without spending any crystals. Dropping rank or not is irrelevant I was responding to your claim that this feat cost you 3 refreshes to accomplish by pointing out u had a week to do it and it was completely your call to do it all on day 1. That was a bad decision on your part if u can see it. If not well i tried....
  • JMFT
    31 posts Member
    Um yeah, never said it wasn’t. As a matter of fact I said that in the original post. As long as you feel better about yourself now I’m happy.
  • CG needs to just let GAC die. They can't stop cheating, can't fix matchmaking, and the rewards are garbage. Let it go.
  • Ragnir wrote: »
    CG needs to just let GAC die. They can't stop cheating, can't fix matchmaking, and the rewards are garbage. Let it go.

Seriously. Why were people rushing/spending to gear for this gac when they know they haven't fixed the cheating issue? I mean if they did it just to get it done then great, but clearly some did it for gac alone.

And before anyone chimes in with how they don't think cheating is wide spread, we don't know what they've done besides give lip service for years now, and (my favorite) there will always be cheating. Let me just say, "who cares?" We know it's still there. Don't throw your money away for this event. (Please spend for other parts of the game though. We don't want it to go away.)
  • Also mad props to cg for shutting it down instead of dealing with 40+ pages of people rightfully complaining about all the bugs.
  • JMFT
    31 posts Member
    I just don’t get why they refuse to add a battle log, I’m no programmer by any means but how hard could that be? Maybe someone smarter than me knows a good reason why.
  • Ragnir
    118 posts Member
    I won't remod or spend money for gac but I have spent some money on gear for geo tb. I won't waste time or money on a broken game mode.
  • Going full tin foil here:
    This was a planned bug-cancellation in order to generate 3 days of additional panic gear farming revenue for the new malak/padme owners.
    It'd be interesting to know how much money they make because of this "bug."
  • Stokat
    822 posts Member
    Going full tin foil here:
    This was a planned bug-cancellation in order to generate 3 days of additional panic gear farming revenue for the new malak/padme owners.
    It'd be interesting to know how much money they make because of this "bug."

You are right, that is a full blown tin foil conspiracy theory right there. Do you also feel paranoid? Is CG out to get you?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Ethien wrote: »
    For the players that spent crystal or gear or zetas before the GAC lock is there any plans of compensation past the 150 crystal? Should we submit an individual ticket? I understand this is a game but it is one we are highly invested in time and/or money and understand mistakes happen but equal recompense should be part of the recovery process.

Eth

@Ethien why would you get compensation for gear or zetas? The GAC will still run, just a little later.

The crystal thing I understand a bit more, if you used them to rush something in time for lock. But you still get to use whatever the crystals purchased, and event schedules are always subject to change.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    For the players that spent crystal or gear or zetas before the GAC lock is there any plans of compensation past the 150 crystal? Should we submit an individual ticket? I understand this is a game but it is one we are highly invested in time and/or money and understand mistakes happen but equal recompense should be part of the recovery process.

Eth

@Ethien why would you get compensation for gear or zetas? The GAC will still run, just a little later.

The crystal thing I understand a bit more, if you used them to rush something in time for lock. But you still get to use whatever the crystals purchased, and event schedules are always subject to change.

I'm about 5m credits short from the remod. And I had to switch mods for tw and this evening's hsr which makes the credits a complete waste.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    TVF wrote: »

Eth

I'm about 5m credits short from the remod. And I had to switch mods for tw and this evening's hsr which makes the credits a complete waste.

You spent 5m credits to remod for GAC? Farm more mods and you won't have to do this.

EDIT: I just calculated it out and you'd have to move every single mod on each toon, between 52 and 88 toons (depending on how many were 6e).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH