Massive damage not so massive anymore.

Replies

• YaeVizsla wrote: »
    It's not meant to be a guaranteed kill, but it is meant to come pretty close. When IPD dropped, GK was one of the few who could tank that kind of heat. But that list has grown significantly, particularly with the addition of G12 pieces. A slightly bulky maxed Chewie can tank that now.

I do hear the reason to keep massive damage massive but really? Targeting chewy with IPD? Surely there's another higher value target that 99k can kill.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Totally agree that IPD's damage should be updated with the power creep of the game. Maybe it should be an annihilate.

/signed
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    Add an extra nine to the end
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I do hear the reason to keep massive damage massive but really? Targeting chewy with IPD? Surely there's another higher value target that 99k can kill.
    Just an example. The point is the number of units who can tank 99999 damage has gone up considerably, to the point where it's not just tanks anymore.
    Still not a he.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Just an example. The point is the number of units who can tank 99999 damage has gone up considerably, to the point where it's not just tanks anymore.

Which is exactly why people think the value should change. It's going to be a fairly useless ability once g13 is widespread.
  • DavieJG
    112 posts Member
    Either increase it to keep it "massive" or just change the text to say "99999". Can't stay as is though. It is outdated.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    DavieJG wrote: »
    Either increase it to keep it "massive" or just change the text to say "99999". Can't stay as is though. It is outdated.
    99999 is massive, so the text doesn't need to be changed
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

"Massive" is relative, much like the number 4. 99999 damage on a character with 300k effective health is not "massive," but 99999 damage against a character with 100k effective health is.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

"Massive" is relative, much like the number 4. 99999 damage on a character with 300k effective health is not "massive," but 99999 damage against a character with 100k effective health is.
    Right. Its still massive in compared to the damage other characters in the game are able to do in a non-raid setting, and a very few are able to come close (Vader's culling blade for example), I think massive is whatever CG means it to be and is very subjective. I am with OP that it needs to be updated with an extra 9 tacked on the end
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Massive should be defined, because GMYoda is literally massive every turn. Even though he might be the smallest?
  • Gair wrote: »
    Massive should be defined, because GMYoda is literally massive every turn. Even though he might be the smallest?

If someone told me that the Special Damage Jedi Grand Master Yoda can do is more than the massive damage a exploding Imperial Probe Droid can do well that makes sense. He is a Grand Master Jedi after all.

I understand the argument that it's not as effective anymore, I agree it's not, but should it be? Should a Droid do 999,999 damage 8-9x more than a Jedi Grand Master Yoda? Idk maybe no? Yoda should do more right?
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    The 99,999 dmg from IPD's self destruct doesn't even take down a Brute Alpha nowerdays, it's ridiculous and needs an update.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Most infuriating experience I had with IPD was in a 3v3 GA where my self destruct barely made a scratch on an enemy Jolee, didn’t even remove the bonus protection he had under a Bastilla lead. I exercised the most self restraint I’d had to in a long time by not smashing my phone.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Fauztin wrote: »
    Most infuriating experience I had with IPD was in a 3v3 GA where my self destruct barely made a scratch on an enemy Jolee, didn’t even remove the bonus protection he had under a Bastilla lead. I exercised the most self restraint I’d had to in a long time by not smashing my phone.

While that does suck, Bastilla lead was one of those leads that countered IDP first turn nuking people since the characters get 300% health (basically) and thier normal protection.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Maybe they disliked the feature and are trying to find ways to work around it.

Also, Nihilus should be the only one with an instant kill IMO.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    SemiGod wrote: »

source ? (Since we all agree this game follows no canon)
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    99,999 = one tap 99% of the time.

The point is that "massive damage" is supposed to be an overwhelming amount that's guaranteed to kill the target. 99,999 no longer guarantees that, and definitely won't with G13 being a thing.

The raid boss version also needs tweaking. Getting 100k crits isn't that unusual with teams designed for raid performance. Either remove the "immunity" or up it to a larger percentage of the boss's health.

I guess the real question is SHOULD it be a guaranteed kill? If so, then just make it basically annihilate as kinda suggested earlier. If not then how much damage should be done? Maybe 99,999 + some kind of bonus to make it more likely a kill shot?

Or maybe a non lethal hit puts death mark on enemy?

Maybe not a guaranteed kill, but to reiterate others comments, with multiple toons doing crit hits that well exceed the current "massive" damage, that number needs to change, or stop calling it massive.
    ObiShenobi
    DeathStarIIMaintenanceCrew
    https://swgoh.gg/u/obishenobi/
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

"IMO" does not require citation of a source. The source is the person saying "IMO."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member

IMO = In My Opinion

Because OP wants all the (massive damage) attacks to be an instant kill.

And if all those characters had an instant kill it would be broken.

So I gave my opinion saying since Nihilus works well just leave it like that.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    It was an instant kill before some toons were introduced. What I want is for it to work like it worked before. It's not that I want something new.

If for some reason nihilus annihilate would stop working, people also would complain and say "please make nihilus work again" right?

Well theres a difference between instant kill and high damage.

Theres a reason why old characters loose viability.

Their kits don't state they instantly kill the target so don't expect them to instantly kill the target.

It's the same for G13 nuke squad. Everyone was like this is OP at a 90% win rate.

And then when G13 DR & Malaks came he instantly dropped down to a 10-20% win rate.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Well theres a difference between instant kill and high damage.

Theres a reason why old characters loose viability.

Their kits don't state they instantly kill the target so don't expect them to instantly kill the target.

It's the same for G13 nuke squad. Everyone was like this is OP at a 90% win rate.

And then when G13 DR & Malaks came he instantly dropped down to a 10-20% win rate.
    There's a pretty fundamental difference between only the bulkiest tanks in the game modded well being able to survive versus now, where even many attackers are fine eating massive damage.

The point that massive damage isn't very massive anymore is perfectly valid.

Heck, it might be more dangerous converted into a high-multiplier normal attack where you can mod IPD for offense/CC/CD.
    Still not a he.
  • Sarbitar wrote: »
    It was an instant kill before some toons were introduced. What I want is for it to work like it worked before. It's not that I want something new.

If for some reason nihilus annihilate would stop working, people also would complain and say "please make nihilus work again" right?

Well, nihilus annihilate (and chimaera's annihilate) doesn't work in geoTB, and nobody complains.
  • Sarbitar wrote: »

Well, nihilus annihilate (and chimaera's annihilate) doesn't work in geoTB, and nobody complains.

What are you talking about? Mine work in Geo TB, thats half the reason i win some of my battles
  • dogwelder79
    1465 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    flux_rono wrote: »
    Sarbitar wrote: »

What are you talking about? Mine work in Geo TB, thats half the reason i win some of my battles

Even in phase 4? I must be doing something wrong, then.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

"IMO" does not require citation of a source. The source is the person saying "IMO."

source ?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

source ?

Me.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

IMO = In My Opinion

Because OP wants all the (massive damage) attacks to be an instant kill.

And if all those characters had an instant kill it would be broken.

So I gave my opinion saying since Nihilus works well just leave it like that.

do you have Nihilus G12 ?

Is your IPD g12
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

source ?

Me.

source ???? (I mean someone could have hacked your account) how DO we know....it's you