Movie was decent

This is my first star wars movie I went to see, and it was pretty good. Plus daisy was so cute as Rey! :blush: (I want a Rey character now) but Before I couldn't sit through any of the previous movies and relied on family guy to update me on characters and everything #familyguyFTW

3.7/5 (based off the hype, and it kept my attention)
467-325-146
Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING

Replies

• Wait, what? There was a movie? I couldn't tell that there was an actual film there between all the merchandising and promotional advertising. :*
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Wait, what? There was a movie? I couldn't tell that there was an actual film there between all the merchandising and promotional advertising. :*

Lmaoo you had to be living in a cave to miss those awesome ads and star wars gear!
    467-325-146
  • What's wrong with my cave? :'( It keeps the rain out.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    ChaseKillz wrote: »
    This is my first star wars movie I went to see, and it was pretty good. Plus daisy was so cute as Rey! :blush: (I want a Rey character now) but Before I couldn't sit through any of the previous movies and relied on family guy to update me on characters and everything #familyguyFTW

3.7/5 (based off the hype, and it kept my attention)

Huh? You couldn't sit through any of the Star Wars movies?
  • Watch the original trilogy atleast, you can skip the prequels :)
  • moddom wrote: »
    Watch the original trilogy atleast, you can skip the prequels :)

Then they won't find out that Jar Jar Binks was Yoda's first Jedi master and invented the double-bladed lightsaber. Nor that Anakin's father is actually Palpatine, who used to be a famous pod racer before entering politics.

• These facts are over my head at the moment . I may give it a look see tho moddom
    467-325-146
  • meanpride
    90 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    6/10 for me. i did not like Kylo Ren and Finn was too jokey for my taste.
  • ChaseKillz wrote: »
    These facts are over my head at the moment . I may give it a look see tho moddom

In all seriousness watch all 6 of the movies, the prequels dialogue and story plot holes are pretty bad but the light saber battles are awesome. Plus watching them will draw some parallels for you to the new movie.
  • Pure_Pazaak
    386 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    These facts are over my head at the moment . I may give it a look see tho moddom

No facts there. I was just taking the pee. The prequels have no merit, like moddom implied. If you want a really good story set before the original trilogy, play Knights of the Old Republic and its sequel. Both are available for PC, and while not technically canon, they have some of the most fleshed out characters and well written dialogue in the entire franchise. Particularly the first game. Second game was kind of rushed, and it shows. Especially in the lame ending.

Edit: Had to censor myself, apparently "taking the rhymes with kiss" is too crude. :#
  • moddom wrote: »

In all seriousness watch all 6 of the movies, the prequels dialogue and story plot holes are pretty bad but the light saber battles are awesome. Plus watching them will draw some parallels for you to the new movie.

What plot holes in the prequels are you speaking of? I felt the story was pretty well told just rushed a bit.
  • FakeRobbo wrote: »
    moddom wrote: »

What plot holes in the prequels are you speaking of? I felt the story was pretty well told just rushed a bit.

I can give you one source of reference that describes the plot holes between the prequels and original trilogy. It would take to long to actually explain all of them :)

Link: http://filmslur.com/2015/04/10/23-discrepancies-in-the-star-wars-prequels/