Kit Rework: CT-7567 "Rex"

Replies

• Travesty wrote: »
    Wait, so Rex will deal 25% HP damage for every turn a clone ally has taken? So after only 4 turns he would deal 100%? There's obviously still protection in the way, but stll, that seems kinda broken. Or am I misunderstanding the ability?
    Read again, it's 25% for each turn each clone ally takes. So assuming all 4 clones take a turn for 4 turns, that's 16 x 25% which would be 400% of that target's health. I'm pretty sure that would one shot Nest even with prot stacks.

Edit to add: That should also one-shot any enemy on the field in the upcoming LS Geo TW, provided you can keep Rex alive. I might be moving him up in the G13 que.

Yeah that's what I meant. I meant for *literally* every turn any clone ally takes, so yeah, it would be 16x25% after 4 clones went 4 times as you said. If 4 clones go once that's already 100% which is nuts. That's why I said that I think it's broken lol. It would definitely oneshot any LS TB toon (unless they make them "immune" to % based damage) and any regular toon in pvp would die too except for those that reduce % based damage.
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    Travesty wrote: »
    Wait, so Rex will deal 25% HP damage for every turn a clone ally has taken? So after only 4 turns he would deal 100%? There's obviously still protection in the way, but stll, that seems kinda broken. Or am I misunderstanding the ability?
    Read again, it's 25% for each turn each clone ally takes. So assuming all 4 clones take a turn for 4 turns, that's 16 x 25% which would be 400% of that target's health. I'm pretty sure that would one shot Nest even with prot stacks.

Edit to add: That should also one-shot any enemy on the field in the upcoming LS Geo TW, provided you can keep Rex alive. I might be moving him up in the G13 que.

Yeah that's assuming you don't run them with a shaak ti lead which even after the reworks is still the best for clones . otherwise it's 12×25% =300% still beast though

Edit .if Rex is effected by his own unique that reduces 501st clone Ally's cooldowns by 1 at the start of their turn then it could be much less than 300% when the cooldown expires
    Rex's CD reduction only affects "other allies," not himself. Conversely, Ariel Advantage does count himself (just Like JKR's speed boost from leadership and DV's speed boost from unique). So assuming a ShTi lead, it counts 4 allies.

• wildfire wrote: »
    Need clarification on Brother in arms as it's worded terribly. It kinda reads like this
    501st & Clone Trooper gets 2×(20%+20%)
    Clone Trooper gets 0.5×20%
    501st gets 0.5×20%
    Other allies get 0.5×0%
    ?

^ This. Please clarify.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Jarvind wrote: »

I mean, Malak can already deal 100% health damage multiple times in one fight. Doesn't seem that outrageous.

This is just power creep in action. They have to give new or reworked squads these monster "trump card" abilities, otherwise they just won't be relevant.
    I think it will be the annihilate for LS TB

We have enemies with very high health pool and none of the clones have something to finish off those crazy high health toons
  • Wow that Rex instakill is so stupid
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    FINAL TEXT(UPDATED): Clone Trooper allies and 501st allies have +20% Max Health. This increase is doubled for 501st Clone Troopers and halved for other allies. In addition, whenever an ally suffers a critical hit, all Clone Trooper allies gain 15% Turn Meter and other allies gain half that amount.

Any truth to the rumor that CG isn't in Sac but really somewhere in romania and their abilities-writer uses (an old version of) google translate? I mean, this isn't difficult. I swear, the thing that has me most worried about the game is not gac not working or even cheaters, it's that this sort of thing comes up almost every single time. It's simple to be able to write a coherent ability.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ultra wrote: »

I mean, Malak can already deal 100% health damage multiple times in one fight. Doesn't seem that outrageous.

This is just power creep in action. They have to give new or reworked squads these monster "trump card" abilities, otherwise they just won't be relevant.
    I think it will be the annihilate for LS TB

We have enemies with very high health pool and none of the clones have something to finish off those crazy high health toons

If only they were reworking them to add more potent attacks....
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Unique: Captain of the 501st

FINAL TEXT(UPDATED): (ZETA) Other 501st Clone Trooper allies reduce their own ability cooldowns by 1 at the start of each of their turns.

Does that part of his unique mean that allies which are 501st AND Clone Troopers but NOT REX HIMSELF reduce their cooldowns at the start of their turn?

Just want to make sure I'm understanding it correctly :)
    Need clarification on Brother in arms as it's worded terribly. It kinda reads like this
    501st gets 0.5×20%
    Other allies get 0.5×0%
    ?

40% to 501st
    20% to clones
    10% to rest
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    FINAL TEXT(UPDATED): Clone Trooper allies and 501st allies have +20% Max Health. This increase is doubled for 501st Clone Troopers and halved for other allies. In addition, whenever an ally suffers a critical hit, all Clone Trooper allies gain 15% Turn Meter and other allies gain half that amount.

Any truth to the rumor that CG isn't in Sac but really somewhere in romania and their abilities-writer uses (an old version of) google translate? I mean, this isn't difficult. I swear, the thing that has me most worried about the game is not gac not working or even cheaters, it's that this sort of thing comes up almost every single time. It's simple to be able to write a coherent ability.

I'll try to explain it.
    - Clone Trooper allies: +20% Max Health
    - Allies with 501st tag(example: Ahsoka Tano): +20% Max Health
    - Clone Trooper Allies with 501st tag: +40% Max Health
    - Other Allies: +10% Max Health
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Gifafi wrote: »

Its very coherent and straightforward.
  • Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Minowara wrote: »
    Brother in arms is worded terribly. Come on CG, you already have conventions for this kind of stuff. I read it and have no clue what the end result is.

Yeah, that’s not worded well at all. I’m assuming the correct interpretation is:

Clone+501st = +40%
    Clone or 501st = +20%
    Other = +10%

?

To be consistent with existing leads that benefit allies with multiple faction tags, it should be:

"Each Clone Trooper ally and each 501st ally gains 20% max health. Other allies gain half that amount."

Yeah, that’s exactly how it should be worded. @CG_SBCrumb, mark it.
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Unique: Captain of the 501st
    FINAL TEXT(UPDATED): (ZETA) All 501st allies have +4% Speed for each 501st ally present at the start of battle. Other 501st Clone Trooper allies reduce their own ability cooldowns by 1 at the start of each of their turns

If all the 4 members of 501 are present that’s a +16% speed after mods!

Think of a total +100 from mods and unfinished g12 tier (which is not too difficult to obtain)

Rex with 140 speed g12 base (+100) would get a bonus of +38 speed (278), even without Ahsoka present that would be +28 (268)

If you use Rex now as a fifth member of a Padme team, that would be an 8% increase to Rex and Ashoka. To Ashoka with a base g12 speed of 105 would add +16 speed on top of the +25/+50 from her unique. 105+100+16+25= 246 up to 271 while crit inmunity on

Clones are no longer a slow team with Rex around!!

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Why bother writing out Aerial Advantage instead of just saying "defeats a character"? It's gonna deal several times their max HP by the time it gets off CD, so there will be very few cases when the target survives. Anyone besides Nest where it's even possible?

It’s still percent health damage, which means Malak and the Kylos will be immune.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    AntiFunn wrote: »
    Again, it's beautiful *sniff sniff

Superb changes to support fellow 501st but still not too OP when paired with other characters.
    Now the only sad thing left is Anakin's leader abillity that doesn't synergy in ANY WAY with his padawan/clones
    As many have pointed out:

1. Anakin is missing who is integral to the team
    2. No critical damage up anywhere but Echo relies on it

Just like JKA was missing a zeta when he was reworked with GK and Ahsoka, we might get a new version of Anakin to work with the clones. Either from LS TB or epic confrontation but its the same repeated pattern
  • As a Star Wars fan whose favorite character is Anakin Skywalker, I’m kinda disappointed by the fact that Anakin wasn’t also touched up to synergize with Ahsoka or Rex. However, I’m beginning to connect the dots:
    1. Ahsoka got a full-fledged rework while General Kenobi and Jedi Knight Anakin received minor touch-ups.
    2. Padmé Amidala came into the game shortly thereafter, granting Anakin a zeta ability, although it was minor.
    3. Ahsoka got touched up to synergize with the newly reworked Captain Rex.
    With Light Side Geonosis inevitably coming to the game in the near future, I believe Anakin will be receiving a game-changing rework to synergize with not only Ahsoka, Rex and Padmé, but also to synergize with another character rumored to come to the game: Jedi Master Obi-Wan, as seen in Revenge of the Sith. This is what I believe will one day be the ultimate Galactic Republic squad, with Anakin gaining a new leader ability and either a new unique or special ability, which will also have a zeta. Look to the future, because for the Chosen One, it’s about to get real bright.
  • Damodamo wrote: »
    @EventineElessedil yeah I just literally spat coffee reading that one..

I almost freaked out when reading his post too. lol ;)
    AntiFunn wrote: »
    Again, it's beautiful *sniff sniff

Superb changes to support fellow 501st but still not too OP when paired with other characters.
    Now the only sad thing left is Anakin's leader abillity that doesn't synergy in ANY WAY with his padawan/clones

^ I completely agree.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • would be nice if rex got ignore taunt to reflect his in exceptional independence in battle
  • AntiFunn wrote: »
    Minowara wrote: »
    Brother in arms is worded terribly. Come on CG, you already have conventions for this kind of stuff. I read it and have no clue what the end result is.

Yeah, that’s not worded well at all. I’m assuming the correct interpretation is:

Clone+501st = +40%
    Clone or 501st = +20%
    Other = +10%

?

To be consistent with existing leads that benefit allies with multiple faction tags, it should be:

"Each Clone Trooper ally and each 501st ally gains 20% max health. Other allies gain half that amount."

Yeah, that’s exactly how it should be worded. @CG_SBCrumb, mark it.

Could have even been something even simpler like: Clone Trooper allies gain 20% max health while 501st allies gain 40%. Other allies gain 10%.

That would give Ahsoka 40%, which the current wording does not.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    The way I read his leader is that only 501st or clones get any max health at all. You don't have those tags, you get nothing.
    - 501st clones (rex, echo, 5s): 40%
    - 501st only (ahsoka): 10%
    - clone only (cody, clone serg): 10%
    - anyone else: no max health increase

They really need to reword it, it shouldn't be a skill testing question.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • kalidor wrote: »
    The way I read his leader is that only 501st or clones get any max health at all. You don't have those tags, you get nothing.

No that isn't it. It is.

- 501st only (ahsoka): 20%
    - clone only (cody, clone serg): 20%
    - anyone else: 10%
    501st gets 0.5×20%
    Other allies get 0.5×0%
    ?

I read it as ....

501st = 20% (Ahsoka Only)
    Clone Trooper = 20% (Cody & Sgt.)
    501st + Clone Trooper = 40% (Fives, Rex, Echo)
    Other Allies = 10% (Everyone Else)

Basically the same as its always been but now the 4 people in the 501st end up with twice their old bonus amount.
  • Drageero wrote: »
    Did anything change on Form Up other than the name? I read it like five times and I can't see what's different other than it says "Clone Trooper allies" instead of just "clones," and "debuff" instead of "negative effect."

Doesn't look like it. Something similar happened with Anakin's rework. They just changed some of the words and grammar.

"Debuff" is shorter than "Negative Status Effect", so probably to save characters.

Ditto the dropping of "Troopers".
  • kalidor wrote: »

How are you reading into it that everyone else gets 0?

Leader: Brothers in Arms

FINAL TEXT(OLD): Clone allies gain 20% Max Health, and other allies gain half that amount. In addition, whenever an ally suffers a Critical Hit, all Clone allies gain 15% Turn Meter, and other allies gain half that amount.

Clones & 501st get 20% per the Bold.
    Italics confirms that Clones + 501st are doubled so (20*2) 40%
    Italics confirms that other allies (NOT Clones/501st) get 1/2 of 20% = 10%

• I just want to say (For a lack of better time and place)

Temuera Morrison - Voiced an army breed to fight.
    Dee Bradley Baker - Voiced an army of comic relief.

I saw your comment @CG_Prophet, made me a little sick.
    Temuera Morrison is and always will be the true clone voice.
  • XaiViaR wrote: »
    I just want to say (For a lack of better time and place)

Temuera is a great actor, but he only voiced the clones for 2 movies, and those clones had hardly any lines besides Cody. Baker voiced the clones for 6, going on 7 seasons of Clone Wars, voiced Rex, Wolffe, and Gregor in Rebels, and voiced the clones in Battlefront 2. He's been the voice of the clones for far longer, and sure they may have had some comedic moments, but its hardly an army of comedic relief. Baker gave depth and much needed personality to the clones.
  • XaiViaR wrote: »
    I just want to say (For a lack of better time and place)

Temuera is a great actor, but he only voiced the clones for 2 movies, and those clones had hardly any lines besides Cody. Baker voiced the clones for 6, going on 7 seasons of Clone Wars, voiced Rex, Wolffe, and Gregor in Rebels, and voiced the clones in Battlefront 2. He's been the voice of the clones for far longer, and sure they may have had some comedic moments, but its hardly an army of comedic relief. Baker gave depth and much needed personality to the clones.

There was a seriousness Temuera gave the clones, made them feel really badass.

Baker gave them all personalities to make them all unique in some way.

It's quite obvious that people prefer both Baker and Temuera for their own reasons and opinions.

I just wish there weren't ever more than one voice actor :/

Oh well.