Do you need T3’s second zeta for the GG nuke squad

I’m looking to make climbing easier for the rest of this meta, but don’t have 2 zetas to spare.

Can you win without the 100% defence penetration?

Is it reliable?

What percentage of battles are victories?

What is the best strat? (take out Bastila then malak or use the aoe?)

Replies

• Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Moved to Character and Arena Strategy subforum

@Cardiff0
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    I never used T3 without both zetas. Don't be cheap.
  • Rake6 wrote: »
    I never used T3 without both zetas. Don't be cheap.

I literally don’t have enough zetas I’m waiting to get 1 and by the time I get two there’ll probly be another meta team
  • Double or nothing
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    You can win without the Master Gearhead zeta but it's less reliable.
    BSF is first target. Without that zeta she may not die. Has to die first so you don't get -50%cc from CBM
    Malak is 2nd. The zeta doesn't matter for him.
    Easy mode from there.

BSF still could die, but you have to land more debuffs or she has to be modded poorly, or you have to be modded greatly.

Having a zeta IPD makes it more likely to win without the T3 zeta since you clear foresight and can land more debuffs.

Having perfect mods on GG makes it easier too (if you can reach 72% cc and 206 speed without committing any set bonuses or primary stats to anything but health) since you will should have well over 100k health in that instance.

Reaching 80%cc and 100%potency on 88 and t3 helps a lot too since that means more debuffs on the field.

TLDR: yes you can win without it, but it's not as reliable. Great mods make it more reliable, but not as reliable as the zeta does.
    Post edited by Woodroward on
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Having a zeta IPD makes it more likely to win without the T3 zeta since you clear foresight and can land more debuffs.

You don't need the zeta on IPD.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »

You don't need the zeta on IPD.

...who said you did? I said more likely to win. Zeta on IPD lets you have him go first which means more debuffs and more damage. Otherwise he goes right before GG and you miss a lot of debuffs due to starting foresight.

Hence, as I said, it is more likely.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Ok fair point.

EDIT: Except it's only a 75% chance to land TL and if it doesn't land on a taunter you're done. So I'd argue the risk of it completely failing is at odds with the benefit of more debuffs.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    Ok fair point.

EDIT: Except it's only a 75% chance to land TL and if it doesn't land on a taunter you're done. So I'd argue the risk of it completely failing is at odds with the benefit of more debuffs.

You forget that 88 and T3 also land target lock (t3s is at the start of his turn on 2 people who don't have it, not part of his AoE). Chances of it not landing on everyone are slim to none (t3 also clears buffs with his AoE so intermittant taunts are irrelevant)

Plus having TL makes t3s buffs irresistible so quite beneficial to have as much on the field before his turn as possible.

Turn order is well thought out.
  • You don't need it
  • No u don't, but it helps.
  • In my experience building the team you do need them if you want the counter to be reliable enough to use in Grand Arena against top level squads.

https://youtu.be/zL07p3P30jY
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Thanks a lot you guys really appreciate all that feedback.

I think I’ll leave it for now but might come back to it later when I have the zetas
    Post edited by Cardiff0 on
  • You also need the G12+ stun gun to make the 2nd zeta useful.
  • Bandu wrote: »
    You also need the G12+ stun gun to make the 2nd zeta useful.

Do you? The zeta gives everyone 100% defence penetration

• Jbnf
    120 posts Member
    It gives 100% of T3's defense penetration which is abysmally low without the Mk12 Stun Gun, which adds 100 to his total which is like 26 I think prior to adding it.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    It gives 200% of t3's defense penetration rating because he doubles it before he give it out. He also gives that doubled amount to himself so he ends up with 4x his in panel numbers with the zeta. He uses special damage so 116 resistance pen before any g12 gear (but only on himself, everyone else gains half that).

The fact that he ends up with 4x is likely why his stats are so abysmally low to begin with considering his other zeta. At g13 he ends up with 996 resistance pen! (again, everyone else gains half that, but this is for special damage)

It does not give 100% defense penetration, our droid discord had a lengthy debate and research about this.

Edited to expound, clarify and correct grammar.