Kit Rework: CT-5555 "Fives"

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    When fives dies, do all the clone troopers get each get his stats, or is it divided amongst the group?
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    When fives dies, do all the clone troopers get each get his stats, or is it divided amongst the group?

They each gain his stats.
  • Wow. I’m in awe of Tactical Awareness. But I do agree that it should be called “Same Heart, Same Blood” instead. Overall I love it! :smiley:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    If both 5s and echo are zeta the defense and offense stats for echo are 200%?

Edit: nm, they back each other up
  • Sev112
    109 posts Member
    The bonues stats from Tac Awareness are just for 501st allies, not all clones.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    So Fives is the old ben of the Clones? And Rex is the Nihilus? Nice. :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    So Fives is the old ben of the Clones? And Rex is the Nihilus? Nice. :)

Good analogy. 👍
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Ludoviko
    136 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    majorjohn wrote: »
    Unique 2: Tactical Awareness. Fives sacrifice himself to save other teammates.

How about calling this "Same heart, same blood" (direct quotes from Five's)?

CG, please read this and change the name. Then hire this guy.
  • So how long until we see the return of the paper zombie strategy?
    Only this time a paper Rex or echo?
  • Could be missing something but say you have a gear 3 echo and g13 ahsoka fives Rex and whoever else.
    Echo dies, so fives dies. Echo becomes better than a g13 echo because he gets all of fives stats plus his own. Rex and ahsoka have the stats of two toons each. So they have the power of 4 toon between them. Plus you have your ‘whoever else’. So basically you have 4 toons, with the power of 6.
    Of course this is without thinking about it much. I could be missing something g obvious.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Caiaphas wrote: »
    Could be missing something but say you have a gear 3 echo and g13 ahsoka fives Rex and whoever else.
    Echo dies, so fives dies. Echo becomes better than a g13 echo because he gets all of fives stats plus his own. Rex and ahsoka have the stats of two toons each. So they have the power of 4 toon between them. Plus you have your ‘whoever else’. So basically you have 4 toons, with the power of 6.
    Of course this is without thinking about it much. I could be missing something g obvious.

There are absolutely some weird possibilities. My mind is working in overdrive since I’ve read these abilities. I’ve actually reached out to them because I’ve already identified some likely issues.

Edit: what you are missing in your scenario is that Ahsoka doesn’t get the bonus. But there are still some holes I see in the kits.
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    So there isn’t actually a tag for 501st clone trooper. There is a 501st tag, and a clone trooper tag. So the ability that applies to 501st clone troopers shouldn’t actually apply to anyone. But we are to understand that CG means ‘allies with the 501st tag AND the clone trooper tag’ get the bonus.
    Anyway these new kits are going to cause loads of balance issues I suspect

Edit... wait it looks like the tag IS 501st Clone Trooper. But ahsoka gets a 501st tag. An other clones like Cody and sarge only get the Clone Trooper part. This is a giant lol
  • Caiaphas wrote: »
    Could be missing something but say you have a gear 3 echo and g13 ahsoka fives Rex and whoever else.

There are absolutely some weird possibilities. My mind is working in overdrive since I’ve read these abilities. I’ve actually reached out to them because I’ve already identified some likely issues.

Edit: what you are missing in your scenario is that Ahsoka doesn’t get the bonus. But there are still some holes I see in the kits.

I see Cody taking alot of turns . 60% max TM on basic plus 25% from echo, the next clone to take a turn calls echo to assist giving Cody 25% TM.

The old way 212th attacked worked meant that echo could assist twice as Cody uses his basic ability during the move as seen by his TM gain when using the special.if this is still the case could we have a loop of 212 attack?
  • I only have one question concerning Fives' new kit, and that it how will Tactical Awareness interact with mechanics that explicitly state that the defeated target cannot be revived, such as Annihilate, Devour, Execute, and Deathmark. When this ability triggers, does it override any "cannot be revived" clauses on the move used, saving the target and killing Fives instead, does it not and you wind up losing two clones for the price of one, or does the ability simply not trigger?
    Also I'm curious how it will interact with Isolate. I'm assuming that Isolate will not prevent this ability from triggering because NS Zombie has a very similar mechanic that also bypasses Isolate.
  • I only have one question concerning Fives' new kit, and that it how will Tactical Awareness interact with mechanics that explicitly state that the defeated target cannot be revived, such as Annihilate, Devour, Execute, and Deathmark. When this ability triggers, does it override any "cannot be revived" clauses on the move used, saving the target and killing Fives instead, does it not and you wind up losing two clones for the price of one, or does the ability simply not trigger?
    Also I'm curious how it will interact with Isolate. I'm assuming that Isolate will not prevent this ability from triggering because NS Zombie has a very similar mechanic that also bypasses Isolate.

Ok so annihilate is just annihilate I think it will just kill Target. I think devour works the same basically if it deals dmg then like saviour it works .
    No dmg no dodging death.

So there isn’t actually a tag for 501st clone trooper. There is a 501st tag, and a clone trooper tag. So the ability that applies to 501st clone troopers shouldn’t actually apply to anyone. But we are to understand that CG means ‘allies with the 501st tag AND the clone trooper tag’ get the bonus.
    Anyway these new kits are going to cause loads of balance issues I suspect

Edit... wait it looks like the tag IS 501st Clone Trooper. But ahsoka gets a 501st tag. An other clones like Cody and sarge only get the Clone Trooper part. This is a giant lol

No, the 501st tag is separate from the Clone Trooper tag. Anywhere a kit says "501st Clone Trooper", that means that the only characters that satisfy both parts of the requirement are affected. For example, Ahsoka IS affected by anything that says 501st, without the Clone Trooper tag, but is NOT affected by anything that says "501st Clone Trooper". Rex, Echo, and Fives are the only 501st Clone Troopers (for now, anyways), because they have both tags. It's like how Separatist Droids refers specifically to Grievous, B1, B2, Magnaguard, and Droideka.

Sure, but keep in mind that a G3 Echo's stats are absolutely nothing to write home about. He'll still be the weakest character in your team, and will still probably die off next anyway, even with the G13 buffs from Fives.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Sure, but keep in mind that a G3 Echo's stats are absolutely nothing to write home about. He'll still be the weakest character in your team, and will still probably die off next anyway, even with the G13 buffs from Fives.
    These are at G13 (I guess), the first being Fives, the 2nd Echo.
    er343qlh6h9t.png
    lciq26vsrvl3.png

When you add these two you end-up with stats that do not reflect a weak character (unless I'm missing something).
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    I only have one question concerning Fives' new kit, and that it how will Tactical Awareness interact with mechanics that explicitly state that the defeated target cannot be revived, such as Annihilate, Devour, Execute, and Deathmark. When this ability triggers, does it override any "cannot be revived" clauses on the move used, saving the target and killing Fives instead, does it not and you wind up losing two clones for the price of one, or does the ability simply not trigger?

Ok so annihilate is just annihilate I think it will just kill Target. I think devour works the same basically if it deals dmg then like saviour it works .
    No dmg no dodging death.

Actually based on the wording I think this avoids all instant kills including annihilate. It says "when they would be defeated" not "when they are defeated". Which means this should take effect before any death and it doesn't reference health like savior does just the defeated status. So if you go to annihilate say Rex the code sees that he would be defeated and instead kills Fives but Rex is never actually defeated.
    I only have one question concerning Fives' new kit, and that it how will Tactical Awareness interact with mechanics that explicitly state that the defeated target cannot be revived, such as Annihilate, Devour, Execute, and Deathmark. When this ability triggers, does it override any "cannot be revived" clauses on the move used, saving the target and killing Fives instead, does it not and you wind up losing two clones for the price of one, or does the ability simply not trigger?

No dmg no dodging death.

Actually based on the wording I think this avoids all instant kills including annihilate. It says "when they would be defeated" not "when they are defeated". Which means this should take effect before any death and it doesn't reference health like savior does just the defeated status. So if you go to annihilate say Rex the code sees that he would be defeated and instead kills Fives but Rex is never actually defeated.

If that's the case then I'm liking this more by the minute ,means fives will be the first to kill
  • nabokovfan wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Unique 2: Tactical Awareness

FINAL TEXT(OLD): (ZETA) Fives has 85% counter chance and +50% Counter Damage. Fives gains 15% Turn Meter whenever another Clone ally takes damage and 7.5% Turn Meter whenever a non-Clone ally takes damage.

FINAL TEXT(UPDATED): (ZETA) Fives can't be revived. When another 501st Clone Trooper ally would be defeated while Fives is active, their Health is set to 100% and Fives is defeated instead. If Fives is defeated this way, 501st Clone Trooper allies gain his Max Health, Max Protection, Speed, and Offense stats in addition to their own until the end of battle.

Please refund this zeta. This one is a really odd choice in my opinion. I definitely don't want to be forced to have this one if it was had previously.

i think most likely they forgot to say that this skill above in old is now (domion squad) the this is a completely new (tactical awareness) so I think they need to clarify the names better.

But I think though, you will need the zeta come LSGTB, it's on my prioity list after rex
  • @CG_SBCrumb I am still a bit confused by this statement.

"This effect is prevented by Healing Immunity but “Set to 100%” doesn’t clearly communicate that it i/s considered a healing effect."

How exactly is healing immunity interacting here? Please take this example and flesh it out.

In a fight, Rex gets tagged with healing immunity and then on the next enemies turn, he is hit hard enough to be defeated. So we should expect what here?

1. 5's Tactical awareness is NOT triggered because healing immunity prevents it. Therefore Rex is defeated as normal.
    2. 5's tactical awareness IS triggered. The bonuses are given out. 5s is defeated. However, Rex also doesn't gain any health or protection due to healing immunity. (so this is actually a penalty since you lose 5's as well)
    3. Something else....
  • Finally the clones may become useful LOL

• @CG_SBCrumb I am still a bit confused by this statement.

"This effect is prevented by Healing Immunity but “Set to 100%” doesn’t clearly communicate that it i/s considered a healing effect."

How exactly is healing immunity interacting here? Please take this example and flesh it out.

In a fight, Rex gets tagged with healing immunity and then on the next enemies turn, he is hit hard enough to be defeated. So we should expect what here?

1. 5's Tactical awareness is NOT triggered because healing immunity prevents it. Therefore Rex is defeated as normal.
    2. 5's tactical awareness IS triggered. The bonuses are given out. 5s is defeated. However, Rex also doesn't gain any health or protection due to healing immunity. (so this is actually a penalty since you lose 5's as well)
    3. Something else....

Lol backdoor to dropping Fives, just slap heal immunity on Rex and blast him, get a 2-fer!
  • @7AnimalMother if Rex was on 20% hp and received a attack worth 25% hp then fives would die Rex would live but remain on 20% hp.
    I think that's what healing immunity will do but we will have to see.
    @7AnimalMother if Rex was on 20% hp and received a attack worth 25% hp then fives would die Rex would live but remain on 20% hp.

If so, that's still a big weakness in the clone kit. Big.
    @7AnimalMother if Rex was on 20% hp and received a attack worth 25% hp then fives would die Rex would live but remain on 20% hp.

Healing immunity is pretty OP in most cases

RIght... I rather not have 5's unique triggered in this case because it becomes a penalty.