So now that Jawas are nerfed

Prev1
Are we getting compensation for gearing them up after you announced they were not being touched?

Replies

• Those stupid jawas went to town dooda dooda those stupid jawas got nerfed oh dooda day.. watch them die horribly, watch them die horribly....
  • Do you guys seriously invested in jawas? You could have geared up Traya with Sion (which get much more banners in gac than jawas) or any good team. You made a stupid decision and that's all.
  • As long as they leave Britney alone.
    .https://youtu.be/lVQOLX1wDAc. I could give 2 full wool socks full of ratsasses about Jawas.
  • Do you guys seriously invested in jawas? You could have geared up Traya with Sion (which get much more banners in gac than jawas) or any good team. You made a stupid decision and that's all.

Jawas were a more reliable counter. Spy can 1shot Sion.
  • Doesn't seem like a real nerf though. There's a buff in there too that, I think, will still make them usable vs Geo's. Maybe have to g12 them, but workable.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Do you guys seriously invested in jawas? You could have geared up Traya with Sion (which get much more banners in gac than jawas) or any good team. You made a stupid decision and that's all.

Nope. Not only is traya more reliable (they literally kill themselves without taking a turn)

You get more banners since Jawas generally die off until 1-2 of them pull off a victory
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    Do you guys seriously invested in jawas? You could have geared up Traya with Sion (which get much more banners in gac than jawas) or any good team. You made a stupid decision and that's all.

Nope. Not only is traya more reliable (they literally kill themselves without taking a turn)

You get more banners since Jawas generally die off until 1-2 of them pull off a victory

So wrong. So noob.
  • They said they would leave Jawas alone before the Bossk lead was discovered, and then it was too powerful.
    I've bashed CG enough over my time but on this occasion I'll take their side.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • keiths9216 wrote: »
    Doesn't seem like a real nerf though. There's a buff in there too that, I think, will still make them usable vs Geo's. Maybe have to g12 them, but workable.

The wording is confusing. I feel like they just buffed it. But I feel like I have to be misunderstanding something.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    SemiGod wrote: »

So wrong. So noob.

Evidence? Come on you cant make these hot takes without evidence.

Around 2-4 of the jawas die in a GEO fight when they're successful. While with traya 0-1 characters die.

On top of that, bossk lead doesn't work anymore making low gear Jawas obsolete.

Traya has a 100% win rate and gains more banners than Jawas

And that's a fact.

So wrong. So noob.

Doesn't seem like a real nerf though. There's a buff in there too that, I think, will still make them usable vs Geo's. Maybe have to g12 them, but workable.

The wording is confusing. I feel like they just buffed it. But I feel like I have to be misunderstanding something.

Need some testing. Need you back 😉
    keiths9216 wrote: »

I’d love to do testing. I’ve offered numerous time. I don’t think they understand what this just did and how brutal this could be. I’ve got some cool ideas in mind. I’d love a G13 Jawa Squad to test.
    keiths9216 wrote: »

I’d love to do testing. I’ve offered numerous time. I don’t think they understand what this just did and how brutal this could be. I’ve got some cool ideas in mind. I’d love a G13 Jawa Squad to test.

I have g12s except Dathcha if you need any help.
  • Not a nerf. They are fixing a bug in their bad coding.

So wrong. So noob.

Around 2-4 of the jawas die in a GEO fight when they're successful. While with traya 0-1 characters die.

And that's a fact.

So wrong. So noob.

https://youtu.be/DDx9wZ115xk

10 minutes in.

Micdrop
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member

So wrong. So noob.

And that's a fact.

So wrong. So noob.

https://youtu.be/DDx9wZ115xk

10 minutes in.

Micdrop

*Uses 2 Characters*
    *"That has never happened before"*.

Amazing evidence there.

Let's see how 2 jawas do up against geonosians now shall we?

You literally just provided the worst evidence possible.
  • Lol I love how they changed it to 80% chance and 2 thermals like that's gonna make any difference in any matchup. What a joke
  • icanectc wrote: »

What are you talking about every squad is min g12. I ignored Jawas and tuskens. Since Jawas had a use against Geos it was worth the investment. Now they aren't.

Don't assume players aren't further along than you.

Wow really? Can I see your swgoh.gg page? That must be some roster
  • Are we getting compensation for gearing them up after you announced they were not being touched?

Probably not. They said they might revisit the team in that very post. Caveat emptor.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Using Traya consumes your Traya team.

Using Jawas does not.

Looking at the rework, it's still going to be a lot of thermals flying around. We'll see if the team still works, but keeping that intact was probably the explicit goal. Jawas will probably keep working against Geonosians just fine.
    Still not a he.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Using Traya consumes your Traya team.

Using Jawas does not.

Looking at the rework, it's still going to be a lot of thermals flying around. We'll see if the team still works, but keeping that intact was probably the explicit goal. Jawas will probably keep working against Geonosians just fine.

See that's how you word it.

Except that wasn't my point.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    If you geared them up to use the full squad, then you're fine.

If you geared them up because you thought the bossk thing would stand, you should have known better.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    What was happening with the bug was that poggles basic was effectively doing a silent aoe in addition to attacking the current target. So take the scenario of 6 geos (5+brute) attacking 5 jawas, and say soldier does his basic. All of them use an ability in that turn, and all of them damage the same jawa. For this scenario, assume no dodges.

Prior to this fix, there would be 11 tries to attempt the 50% chance of a TD - 6 for the actual attacks on the target jawa and 5 for the silent aoe on the 5 jawas. On average, 5-6 therm dets are placed on each geo (50% of 11 = 5.5).
    After this fix, only damaging attacks count (silent aoe is ignored), the chance is increased, and double the TDs are placed. So there will be 6 chances @80% to place 2 TDs (6*80%). On average, 4.8*2, or about 9-10 on each geo. So that is a definite improvement.

What it really fixes is the scenario with 4 jawas and bossk. zBossk taunts, and continues taunting as long as someone has protection so the dispells are ineffective. So the 6 geos all hit bossk. The silent aoe of poggles was affecting the 4 jawas, so each barrage would give 4 attempts @50% to place a TD on all geos, on average 2/barrage. Way less than hitting a jawa but bossk lasts much, much longer.
    Post-fix, poggle's silent aoe will be ignored as it does no damage, so hitting bossk will not trigger any attempts, as no jawas were damaged.

So 5 jawas vs geos should actually work better, assuming they don't kill scavenger first - the Achilles heel of this tactic, as Engineer can go first, grant tm and get nebit taunting, but it's easily dispelled and if scavenger isn't stealthed the geos will take him out fast.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    icanectc wrote: »
    icanectc wrote: »

What are you talking about every squad is min g12. I ignored Jawas and tuskens. Since Jawas had a use against Geos it was worth the investment. Now they aren't.

Don't assume players aren't further along than you.

Wow really? Can I see your swgoh.gg page? That must be some roster

https://swgoh.gg/p/874631565/

Noob.

Haha jk. That's pretty nice if it's actually yours.