Thrawn usage

So I just got 5* Thrawn and was wondering what to use him with. I'm thinking all empire obviously, but I don't have Emperor, Shoretrooper, Krennic or probe droid yet. Leaning towards Vader Tarkin TFP, not sure about the fifth. Death Trooper maybe? Or is there a non-empire that works here?

Replies

• The magic of Thrawn is that he goes on any team. So just put him on whatever your best team is.
  • You can place him in a lot of teams. He is very useful due to his 2nd and 3d ability. So you can try different interactions with your teams
    Do or don't there is no try
  • Post your GG link and people can take a look and offer solid suggestions.
  • willennium
    221 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Thrawn is probably the best plug and play character in the game. You can likely just slot him in whatever squad you're currently running and see instant results.

He's got great utility due to fracture and his cleanse/TM swap/protection recovery special.
  • GG link? I'm guessing by the context it let's you see my roster but how do I do that?
  • Ok, think I got this,

Swgoh.gg/p/292348424
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Every team
  • Right, I get that he's awesome, but I'm trying to stick to an empire theme. With what I have, thrawn vader tarkin, who is a good fifth? I'll be getting the emperor next time he comes around, but until then, who should round out that specific team?
  • Tie fighter pilot is not bad and has a decent ship.
  • Palpatine, Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin, & TFP make for a very good and fast team. The best part is they all unlock easily and you only need Phoenix to get Palpatine and Thrawn. The rest are easy farms. Vader in fleet store, Tarkin in arena store. TFP is in a cantina node.
  • I'll have Palpatine next time he comes around, but what I originally asked us who to use instead of him that has the empire tag. Guess I'll just quietly gear these guys and wait for palps.
  • Tanks r always nice to have. I got lots of usage out of stormmy
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Tanks r always nice to have. I got lots of usage out of stormmy

Oh geez, here we go...
  • So I just got 5* Thrawn and was wondering what to use him with. I'm thinking all empire obviously, but I don't have Emperor, Shoretrooper, Krennic or probe droid yet. Leaning towards Vader Tarkin TFP, not sure about the fifth. Death Trooper maybe? Or is there a non-empire that works here?

Vader Lead (Mods for Speed/Offense above all else)
    Tarkin
    TFP
    Thrawn.

5th = Whoever you have but based on early access, I'd say Royal Guard or Snow Trooper.

Death Trooper is awesome if you have him.

I run my Thrawn under Palpatine paired up with Vader, Tarkin, & TFP.
    This the team that got me R2.
    The debuffs & AE's are redonkulous!
    The only weakness is lack of a tank but really if they are fast enough (Vader #1) then the other team won't get off a turn.

As mentioned Thrawn is a great plug in play character into other groups.
    That said his Fracture is noticeably better under a full Empire team.

• CCyrilS wrote: »
    Tanks r always nice to have. I got lots of usage out of stormmy

Oh geez, here we go...

Touche
  • Yeah, I've since farmed a few more empire to 7 stars, got a 7 star R2. Thanks for the advice!