Detecting Force Sensitive Beings

Post empire legends had a book, where the alliance used paddles to detect force sensitive individuals. Supposedly they were from the empire so non-force users could find those who had the force. I would assume during the prequel era, the Jedi simply used the force to detect potential kidnapping... I mean Jedi candidates.
All that to ask this: is there was a way to hide ones abilities or presence that is canon? In the legends novel Shadow Hunter, Lorn Pavan uses taozin skin to hide his presence from the force, almost allowing him to stun and kill Darth Maul. I think it would be cool if there was a force sensitive clone of Jango Fett that managed to hide their sensitivity from the Jedi.

Replies

• Palpatine managed to hide his force sensitivity and his enormous abilities while interacting on a daily basis with the Jedi, so I'd say yes, there is a canon way.

Whether this could be used by a clone of Jango Fett... meh? Hiding in this way seems to be a skill that is accessed only by strong force users who have had training and education. But I suppose the clone might have studied at Rey's "try twice and you're already a master" school.

Palpatine must have been able to hide himself, even at a young age. If he is supposed to be from Naboo, when he was born, the Jedi would've sensed him. Palps is powerful after all, but with hiding oneself being a feat achievable by someone with lots of training, he was then open to being discovered from birth until he learned how to. I guess I would need to know how the Jedi discovered potential candidates in canon first.
  • I believe the ability is called force stealth.
  • I believe the ability is called force stealth.

Thanks. The wookiepedia had an interesting article.
  • I think Yoda had to hide himself from the force during his exile on Dagobah, and Luke too on Ahch-To.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • I think Yoda had to hide himself from the force during his exile on Dagobah, and Luke too on Ahch-To.

There was a video that I watched a couple weeks ago about how Dagobah was strong with the dark side, it covered Yoda's LS aura.