Kit Rework: CT-7567 "Rex"

13Next

Replies

• kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »
    The way I read his leader is that only 501st or clones get any max health at all. You don't have those tags, you get nothing.
    - 501st clones (rex, echo, 5s): 40%
    - 501st only (ahsoka): 10%
    - clone only (cody, clone serg): 10%
    - anyone else: no max health increase

They really need to reword it, it shouldn't be a skill testing question.

How are you reading into it that everyone else gets 0?
    Leader: Brothers in Arms

FINAL TEXT(OLD): Clone allies gain 20% Max Health, and other allies gain half that amount. In addition, whenever an ally suffers a Critical Hit, all Clone allies gain 15% Turn Meter, and other allies gain half that amount.

FINAL TEXT(UPDATED): Clone Trooper allies and 501st allies have +20% Max Health. This increase is doubled for 501st Clone Troopers and halved for other allies. In addition, whenever an ally suffers a critical hit, all Clone Trooper allies gain 15% Turn Meter and other allies gain half that amount.

Clones & 501st get 20% per the Bold.
    Italics confirms that Clones + 501st are doubled so (20*2) 40%
    Italics confirms that other allies (NOT Clones/501st) get 1/2 of 20% = 10%

Only clones and 501st get 20% max health. So if you're not a clone or a 501st, you get half of no max health bonus, ie 0%. 501st clones get 40%, and ahsoka, serg, and cody are the only other allies that count as either 501st or clones, so they get the 20% but it's halved. Otherwise it'd say "All allies get 20% max heath. This is doubled for 501st clones and halved for other allies".
    At any rate, it's a really bizarre way of wording it and should be clarified.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Wow Rex keeps his lead AND can now annihilate, and even though it starts on cooldown, other 501's lower each other's cooldowns, looks pretty OP
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    The way I read his leader is that only 501st or clones get any max health at all. You don't have those tags, you get nothing.
    - 501st clones (rex, echo, 5s): 40%
    - 501st only (ahsoka): 10%
    - clone only (cody, clone serg): 10%
    - anyone else: no max health increase

They really need to reword it, it shouldn't be a skill testing question.

How are you reading into it that everyone else gets 0?

FINAL TEXT(OLD): Clone allies gain 20% Max Health, and other allies gain half that amount. In addition, whenever an ally suffers a Critical Hit, all Clone allies gain 15% Turn Meter, and other allies gain half that amount.

FINAL TEXT(UPDATED): Clone Trooper allies and 501st allies have +20% Max Health. This increase is doubled for 501st Clone Troopers and halved for other allies. In addition, whenever an ally suffers a critical hit, all Clone Trooper allies gain 15% Turn Meter and other allies gain half that amount.

Clones & 501st get 20% per the Bold.
    Italics confirms that Clones + 501st are doubled so (20*2) 40%
    Italics confirms that other allies (NOT Clones/501st) get 1/2 of 20% = 10%

Only clones and 501st get 20% max health. So if you're not a clone or a 501st, you get half of no max health bonus, ie 0%. 501st clones get 40%, and ahsoka, serg, and cody are the only other allies that count as either 501st or clones, so they get the 20% but it's halved. Otherwise it'd say "All allies get 20% max heath. This is doubled for 501st clones and halved for other allies".
    At any rate, it's a really bizarre way of wording it and should be clarified.
    They never said ONLY those two tags get max health bonus and that is where you misinterpreted the ability.

With that updated wording you proposed, people would complain why it says all allies followed with halved for other allies and assume 30% increase or something silly like that and that wording would give Ahsoka +10% max health when she's suppose to get +20% max health
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

I don't much care for the wording here either, it's a little confusing. It could be read as meaning that all allies gain +20% bonuses for each faction tag Clone Trooper and 501st, but the bonuses are doubled for having both tags so a 501st Clone Trooper could get a total of +80%. All other allies get +10%. But I don't think that's the intent here. It would be clearer if they spelled it out like so:
    FINAL TEXT(UPDATED): 501st Clone Trooper allies gain +40% Max Health, other Clone Trooper and 501st allies gain +20% Max Health, and all other allies gain +10% Max Health. In addition, whenever an ally suffers a critical hit, all Clone Trooper allies gain 15% Turn Meter and other allies gain half that amount.

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    XaiViaR wrote: »
    XaiViaR wrote: »
    I just want to say (For a lack of better time and place)

Temuera Morrison - Voiced an army breed to fight.
    Dee Bradley Baker - Voiced an army of comic relief.

I saw your comment @CG_Prophet, made me a little sick.
    Temuera Morrison is and always will be the true clone voice.

Temuera is a great actor, but he only voiced the clones for 2 movies, and those clones had hardly any lines besides Cody. Baker voiced the clones for 6, going on 7 seasons of Clone Wars, voiced Rex, Wolffe, and Gregor in Rebels, and voiced the clones in Battlefront 2. He's been the voice of the clones for far longer, and sure they may have had some comedic moments, but its hardly an army of comedic relief. Baker gave depth and much needed personality to the clones.

There was a seriousness Temuera gave the clones, made them feel really badass.

Baker gave them all personalities to make them all unique in some way.

It's quite obvious that people prefer both Baker and Temuera for their own reasons and opinions.

I just wish there weren't ever more than one voice actor :/

Oh well.

Temuera was Jango and great, but Baker is the voice of the clones, IMHO. If nothing else just by sheer amount of lines. Just different media.

The Clone Wars voice work for everyone was really just very good. Kenobi/Announcer/Yularin/(Plo too I think?), Clones, Maul, Savage, Snips, Anakin, Dooku, Ventress, Cad Bane, Hondo (Minsc's voice actor). Even some of the bit parts like Krell and Bossk were great.

I'm biased because Clone Wars is just my favorite star wars story of any type, so take what I say with a grain of salt. It just had a lot more time to develop the characters.
  • XaiViaR wrote: »
    I just want to say (For a lack of better time and place)

Temuera Morrison - Voiced an army breed to fight.
    Dee Bradley Baker - Voiced an army of comic relief.

I saw your comment @CG_Prophet, made me a little sick.
    Temuera Morrison is and always will be the true clone voice.

Temuera is a great actor, but he only voiced the clones for 2 movies, and those clones had hardly any lines besides Cody. Baker voiced the clones for 6, going on 7 seasons of Clone Wars, voiced Rex, Wolffe, and Gregor in Rebels, and voiced the clones in Battlefront 2. He's been the voice of the clones for far longer, and sure they may have had some comedic moments, but its hardly an army of comedic relief. Baker gave depth and much needed personality to the clones.

“Personality to the clones” sounds weird.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Anyone tried out Aerial Advantage on a raid boss yet? I'm curious if it stacks up to crazy amounts or if it just deals a flat percentage against them regardless of clone turns taken.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    Anyone tried out Aerial Advantage on a raid boss yet? I'm curious if it stacks up to crazy amounts or if it just deals a flat percentage against them regardless of clone turns taken.

YouTube hstr p2 someone has a Cody lead 501st with c3po so Rex can use his AA Evey turn.
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

YouTube hstr p2 someone has a Cody lead 501st with c3po so Rex can use his AA Evey turn.
    That's cool but doesn't answer the question.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    TarlaBille wrote: »
    Treeburner wrote: »

Technically there were two questions and it answered the first.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    TarlaBille wrote: »
    Treeburner wrote: »

Technically there were two questions and it answered the first.

Not to mention if he follows the instructions and does YouTube it he can see it stack.
  • Jarvind wrote: »

The trick would be getting your clones to last that long in a raid to ramp up the damage. Exposes do 20% max health damage and don't add up to much damage in HAAT or HSTR (2-3k), Your clones would need to take a lot of turns to make the 25% max health damage per clone turn, usable every 4 turns, ramp up to levels where it can outpace the proven squads.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • kalidor wrote: »

The trick would be getting your clones to last that long in a raid to ramp up the damage. Exposes do 20% max health damage and don't add up to much damage in HAAT or HSTR (2-3k), Your clones would need to take a lot of turns to make the 25% max health damage per clone turn, usable every 4 turns, ramp up to levels where it can outpace the proven squads.

If you watch the vids he gets up to 600k a turn pretty fast with c3po in the squad