Relic Amplifiers, The Gear System & Our Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• Justhoms wrote: »
    I think I speak for everyone here but CG, it's TOO SOON.

Sorry, but you don't speak for everyone.

And yet he's right. The rate at which this game is being monetized lately is frightening. They're still earning good money with kyrotech. Even krakens haven't g13-ed their entire roster yet. We need a little breather to catch up a bit.
  • Vicarious wrote: »
    Sound like that’s the case to me.

CG can’t just give anything to their players/customers.....

Have to spend the $50+ on just the g12 finisher, not to mention all the other gear $$$$, then the $50-$75 or who knows how much for the Relic.

Have to milk their players you know....

Well, I thought they said it would make use of hoarded up gear, so my guess is it will take a lot of old gear and and enough new gear to need to play all areas of the game to make it work. We’re spread thinner by even needing to farm the lowliest of nodes
  • I'm starting to think you guys deliberately made the g13 vignette look garish and tacky so we'd be more motivated to chase these relics and get rid of the eyesore. Red, orange, yellow, plus purple and light blue when the toon is zetaed, with a magenta-colored upgrade notification slapped on top. Reminds me of sweaters back in the '70s.
  • It's a pity, because relics are only unlocked starting with Gear 13 and are limited to 1 character, it's really only for high-end people. If you could unlock at least a few Relic bonuses earlier without Gear 13, then everyone would benefit and interesting new combinations could emerge, but it's actually only one thing that comes on top, but doesn't make the game more variable.
  • Richie7771 wrote: »
    Yeah great, cool, sweet, looks fun...... Now put mk 5 stun guns in the god **** Mace windu TAC challenge!!!!

Nearly 4 years in and they are still a huge bottleneck

That is all

The Savage Challenge is also worthless.... the only item I can think of that is worth anything in those 3 challenges is the Tarkin challenge drops carbantis aside from that it is all turds
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Richie7771 wrote: »
    Yeah great, cool, sweet, looks fun...... Now put mk 5 stun guns in the god **** Mace windu TAC challenge!!!!

Nearly 4 years in and they are still a huge bottleneck

That is all

The Savage Challenge is also worthless.... the only item I can think of that is worth anything in those 3 challenges is the Tarkin challenge drops carbantis aside from that it is all turds

Worthless? I never have enough Mk. 6 syringes.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    It makes me think they made the G13 design look so much garbage so that we have to move past it to reach this -feel good- maxed design xD
  • So, are relics going to be customizable? Kinda like a hybrid between gear and mods? If so that’d be interesting to see how they work. If not, then I guess it’s just G13 pieces.
  • Get ready to grind even more kryo jerks, carbantis, stun guns/cuffs to unlock the hidden power of Vader's mask! :D:D:D
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    Does 'up-gradable' relics mean 'red star'gear pieces? ^^
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Ah , here we go again.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Devian wrote: »
    Does 'up-gradable' relics mean 'red star'gear pieces? ^^

It means g14, g15, etc will be called "relic level 1", "relic level 2"...
  • Halx
    89 posts Member
    Oh man.. Dear CG.. please let us have a break... Some of us are not 6M whales with all toons on 7* and g12+5... Some of us has still to farm some toons and ships.. How should the players, who did not start in the very beginning of swgoh, farm the old toos and ships, when they constantly have to chase the current meta and new important toons and those toons , which one need to get the musthave toons, higher gearsteps and mod2.0 items and relic amplifiers and unique items.. and so on... it is too much, and I m not speaking about the f2p people.. I m talking about the dolphins, who are spending a reasonable amount of money into the game..Did you want only whales in the future? And do you think, the game will work on, when lots of dolphins leave and lots more of the f2p?! Dear CG you should think about the majority of the player community.. they don´t (and can´t) spend thousands of dollars monthly into the game.. but 10, 20 or up to 100... maybe it could be hard, when losing lots of them...
  • Yashualay
    17 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    What a missed chance this is. If you could give the relics to any character, and if they belonged to one of the three beliefs, you could vary that much.
    For example, "Old Ben"-lightsaber could give certain bonuses & mali to any character on the Light Side, have other traits in the hands of a dark character, and only if it's led by Old Ben, it only has positive traits.

Too bad, too bad, too bad - totally designed past the game, in my opinion.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    All for newstuff no matter what it is...

My only concern is how do they keep to their goal of less than 5% blowouts. At this time we have people who can literally place a whole team on defense and automatically win their GAC match.

If the item is as powerful as they are making it seem like you now have a situation where possibly ONE TOON could possibly defend a whole area in GAC (extreme example but you know what I mean)

G13 is a laughing stock when counted in weighing matches. (devs have considered adding more weight to G12) again kinda silly IMO 13 is where it's at.

Can we assume that new items with hold a tremendous amount of GP increase across a roster otherwise GAC is just gonna end up being big blowouts worse than it is now....

thoughts ?
  • Looking at the 0 (zero) scares me. Pls tell me these "Relics" DON'T have to be "recharged".r70biq4zyxvj.png
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    NoblePyro wrote: »
    Looking at the 0 (zero) scares me. Pls tell me these "Relics" DON'T have to be "recharged".r70biq4zyxvj.png

Of course they do!! For the low cost of $99 per tick. Each tick lasts for 1 minute. FIFA loot boxes and surprise game mechanics for all!
  • NoblePyro wrote: »
    Looking at the 0 (zero) scares me. Pls tell me these "Relics" DON'T have to be "recharged".r70biq4zyxvj.png

Ha! Probably not. If I had to guess it looks like how charged it is. Green being the highest. So it will probably work just like gear tiers we have now.
    Red will be the lower gear
    Orange/yellow - mid gear
    Green/green - higher gear

What gear and how much of it - who knows. But just by the pic it looks like there are 4 tiers to it. Obviously the 4th tier will maximize the weapon or item. Sooo like a mix between gear tiers and abilities.
  • ^^ That I can live with ;)
  • botabu wrote: »
    So much for that “sense of pride and accomplishment” for actually finishing a character. This is getting a bit ridiculous, and prohibitively expensive to continue. The pay wall that is kryo-tech is already so over-the-top ridiculous, that when you actually finish a character gear 13 you feel like you just ran a marathon. Now you are not done? Unreal. I think I would respect you better and actually feel better about it if you just said what it is, a way for you to increase revenue.

You are never "done", that's kinda the point of a game like this, isn't it? All about acquisition and resource management to better acquire...

• Or maybe you have to give gear to the item. The more gear, the more it fills. Once you fill up to green, it raises 1 level.
  • Yashualay
    17 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    All for newstuff no matter what it is...
    ...thoughts ?

I'd like it if the Relic levels replaced 1 gear level (e.g. level 1=G11 / level2=G12 / level3=G13) instead of just being a G14.

For example, if I could increase the level of the relic to create a certain event instead of increasing the gear as a replacement to create the event, that would be great, too.

But as G14, the Relics feature is just for the tops.

• FartBoss
    85 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Justhoms wrote: »
    I think I speak for everyone here but CG, it's TOO SOON.

Sorry, but you don't speak for everyone.

And yet he's right. The rate at which this game is being monetized lately is frightening. They're still earning good money with kyrotech. Even krakens haven't g13-ed their entire roster yet. We need a little breather to catch up a bit.

This.... I’m f2p so I can’t really complain because I’ve only invested time, but dang.... I don’t have a single g13 yet.... i’m only 1.6m GP but I would rather gear most of my chars to 12 before wanting to spend the resources on a g13 finisher.... c’mon CG... does EA pressure you that much for $$$ or do you just kinda hate us?
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Ok, but can we actually have new playable content besides broken GAC and reskinned TB?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Hm, okay. Guess I'd better get cracking on more G13 heroes - GG is getting a bit lonely.

I'd love it if relics were upgraded by actually using the hero - in events, raids, TBs, TWs, GACs, GW, whatever - and gained XP, rather than strictly requiring gear. It'd be a nice twist to the game. Or by completing feats with that character, like the prestige quests. However, my fear is that they'll just require more of the same bottlenecked gear we've all come to love.

Standing by for more info...
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • What else is so extremely frustrating, and has been for quite some time, is they present all of these “new“ things but never give us a definitive date when things are coming. I know they do it for a reason, to generate more panic farming, etc. but for example the clone reworks....... seems they are 100% done and ready, why not just say they are coming August 27th.
  • Only usable after g13. Call relics what they. Its a g14 immediately released months after g13. Calling it a relic doesnt change anything. This just confirmed the road ahead was nothing but a wolf in sheeps clothing
This discussion has been closed.