Relic Amplifiers, The Gear System & Our Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Mousie wrote: »
    Only usable after g13. Call relics what they. Its a g14 immediately released months after g13. Calling it a relic doesnt change anything. This just confirmed the road ahead was nothing but a wolf in sheeps clothing

But but, there are new graphics attached to it, it must be something completely new and unthought of before xD
  • I'm soooooo confused!
    Thank you for whatever it is we are getting or something like that 4m4ly8uoheca.jpg
  • Arrgggh. Mid-level players are just learning to deal with G13 opponents. And now this. Not excited.

Give us more to do with our stuff! (Raids, TBs, 10x Arena Refreshes for free, Better Galactic Wars, ANYTHING.)

We don't need to collect anymore pixels!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    TBs?

Monday.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I sure hope they've got enough PvE content planned to justify all these new progression systems for our characters.
  • Rezalder wrote: »
    So for those of us that have spent literally thousands getting to where we’re at...you’re going to make it easier for everyone to catch up and start us on a new track?

Makes more competition. Which is never a bad thing. Plus there’s no way everyone is gonna he stacked with Darth Revan and Malak week 2

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Toben wrote: »
    I sure hope they've got enough PvE content planned to justify all these new progression systems for our characters.

You'll be able to solo hstr...maybe, isn't that enough?
  • I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

can't wait to see the "unique iconic item" for coruscant underworld police and ugnaught and ewok scout
    Lord of Hunger. At least for junk food that is
  • How about giving us a new game mode, or more stuff to do, can't even get the GAC going, but now your gonna give us another thing to make us buy more gear? How about give our teams something more to do so we want to gear them up, instead of ever increasing paywalls
  • n
    NoblePyro wrote: »
    Looking at the 0 (zero) scares me. Pls tell me these "Relics" DON'T have to be "recharged".r70biq4zyxvj.png

Ha! Probably not. If I had to guess it looks like how charged it is. Green being the highest. So it will probably work just like gear tiers we have now.
    Red will be the lower gear
    Orange/yellow - mid gear
    Green/green - higher gear

What gear and how much of it - who knows. But just by the pic it looks like there are 4 tiers to it. Obviously the 4th tier will maximize the weapon or item. Sooo like a mix between gear tiers and abilities.

and you have a probability of breaking the relic,unless you buy the 100 dollar item that will make the recharge safe to 100%
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    DarthJango wrote: »
    I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

can't wait to see the "unique iconic item" for coruscant underworld police and ugnaught and ewok scout

https://youtu.be/4kU0XCVey_U
  • Hopefully the way they are adding easier ways to get gear is by adding more levels to the Light/Dark Side,Cantina and Mod Challenge nodes and then adding the gear drops to them, possibly on a good drop rate.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Oh, and level 90! (Friday’s news)
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    I've got a bad feeling about this...

Chewie, turn the ship around.
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    Holy cow, they've come up a completely new way to get even more real cash out of us. I can't wait for the thread where they pat themselves on the back for the hard work it took to design and implement these new items. Mean while the game is in desparate need of new content and it's pretty obvious the developers don't care about new content. Ohhh, wait a second that would be the re-skin of Territory Battles, my bad.
  • Its just a g14 with new name.
  • Disruptor92
    835 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    No matter what you guys call it. It is basically G14. Making it available from let's say G10 or G11 on would open SO MANY doors for diversity in the game's meta and the gameplay in general. I really hope you rethink this CG. Not making it available in earlier gear tiers would be a wasted opportunity for making the game fresh again. Please don't ignore our feedback. It would be better for the both of us if you listened to what we have to say and take it into consideration. After all, we share the same goal, don't we? We all want SWGOH to be a successful game. So why not just work together to reach this goal instead of laying rocks in each other's paths?
    Post edited by Disruptor92 on
  • Please don't have Thrawn's Iconic Item be his pistol (it's not at all).
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    So G13 toons are going to get even stronger? G13 just came out, lol. Only have 2...

Oh man these people don't care about anything else besides money.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    So G13 toons are going to get even stronger? G13 just came out, lol. Only have 2...

Oh man these people don't care about anything else besides money.

Yup. Frustration based spending is what this game is built on. They're getting a lot of frustration spending in response to g13... and now they want the iconic items.
  • NoblePyro wrote: »
    Looking at the 0 (zero) scares me. Pls tell me these "Relics" DON'T have to be "recharged".r70biq4zyxvj.png

Definitely they will cost 20,000 Crystal's to unlock then just 200 crystals per battle for the relic to be "activated" in combat.
  • I like the idea of relics for each toon, but I may be alone in saying I’d rather relics not be dependent on gear tier.

Having learned that higher GP can actually punish a long term long player for collecting a deep roster rather than maxing out a select few characters (in the form of lopsided GA and TW matchups that reward top-heavy players to dominate while the lower half of my collection goes unused), I have steered clear of gear 13 altogether as it will only further inflate my GP without actually doing much to the character’s usability. Despite this decision, I manage to remain in the top 150 (if not 100) of squad arena, taking down G13 Revans using my G12-11 squad and careful strategy.

Now you’re saying if I don’t bite the bullet and farm out insane G12 finishers, I can’t partake at all of this intriguing relic system. That’s a shame, especially if new abilities are tied to relics.
  • We JUST got G13 after what a year of G12? Now you're adding G14 and calling it "relics." Trying to squeeze every last drop out of the whales while you can CG?
  • Nice!! More gear grinding for the same boring content! I wish we had other things to do to make us want to enjoy another paywall centric "content"..... This is honestly disappointing the UI change looks nice but that isnt encouraging people to spend more....
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    I'm just hoping that the way the relic is leveled is by dumping any and all gear pieces/salvage into it for "points" until you reach whatever threshold needed. Would be nice to farm whatever we want and not have to worry about drop rates or specific pieces. But they could certainly assign more "points" to higher end gear pieces/salvage.
  • Too soon, pump those brakes.

I would love to farm new teams rather than rehashing the same teams over and over to stay relevant. Can we have some new content before you.milk us again? GAC is neat if you ever get it off the ground and Geo TB is recycled hoth TB harder.
  • Haruk
    108 posts Member
    I'm really disappointed in ya'll.

4 pages of comments and not ONE of you asked how teh heck they showed us a g13 Thrawn with **awful** mods?!? LOLOL
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    All for newstuff no matter what it is...

My only concern is how do they keep to their goal of less than 5% blowouts. At this time we have people who can literally place a whole team on defense and automatically win their GAC match.

If the item is as powerful as they are making it seem like you now have a situation where possibly ONE TOON could possibly defend a whole area in GAC (extreme example but you know what I mean)

G13 is a laughing stock when counted in weighing matches. (devs have considered adding more weight to G12) again kinda silly IMO 13 is where it's at.

Can we assume that new items with hold a tremendous amount of GP increase across a roster otherwise GAC is just gonna end up being big blowouts worse than it is now....

thoughts ?

Adding weight to g12 makes sense because all g13 currently holds is the accumulated power of g12 pieces. They need to make the finisher about 5-10k to actually make it weighted correctly considering how power heavy that one piece is.
This discussion has been closed.